|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What percentage of teens believe that force in a sexual relationship is permissible if the couple plans to marry?
2. What does Dr. Pipher list as the defining characteristic for American women?
3. Which of the following terms does Dr. Pipher use to describe pregnancy in the 1950s?
4. What does Dr. Pipher note about many female leaders?
(a) They acknowledge gender limitations
(b) They are isolated as adolescents
(c) They are not strong adolescents
(d) They are often unhappy
5. What was abundant during the 1950s?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Tracy?
2. What type of talk does Dr. Piper believe is most important?
3. What school activities do many girls participate in which often makes them emotionally healthy?
4. According to Dr. Pipher, isolation can often be what?
5. What does Monica believe that her peers' ideas about appearance and popularity are?
Short Essay Questions
1. What portion of sexual education does Dr. Pipher believe is missing for young girls?
2. What does sexual assault by a friend or acquaintance be for a young girl and what does it do to her trust?
3. Describe Dr. Pipher's Utopia.
4. Describe the community in which Dr. Pipher grew up during the 1950s.
5. Describe what Dr. Pipher believes to be true about the Hollywood model of sexual behavior?
6. What is altruism and how does it help the girls according to Dr. Pipher?
7. What do the studies about eating disorders report about teens and women?
8. What are the three specific reasons Dr. Pipher lists that adolescents use chemicals?
9. Which type of girls who use alcohol most concern Dr. Pipher?
10. Describe Monica's parents and how they feel about their daughter.
This section contains 579 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)