|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At what age does Dr. Pipher indicate Cassie is facing the same issues that college girls of the past faced?
2. How many major sexual issues does Dr. Pipher say are facing girls in the 1990s?
3. Which of the following professions is not at high risk for developing bulimia?
4. Which of the following is one of the skills upon which Dr. Pipher focuses?
(a) Exacting relationships
(b) Explaining relationships
(c) Socialization relationships
(d) Defining relationships
5. At what age did Dr. Pipher see her first television show?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do girls often take amphetamines?
2. What does Dr. Pipher believe to be the cause of Monica's mild depression?
3. What does Dr. Pipher encourage her patients to do in regards to their feelings?
4. What does Margaret tell Dr. Pipher she will never let rule her life again?
5. Why are alcohol and marijuana popular with teenage girls?
Short Essay Questions
1. What female leaders does Dr. Pipher refer to as being isolated in adolescence and what did they all refuse to do?
2. What are some of the reasons Dr. Pipher believes that girls who participate in sports are often emotionally healthy?
3. What is altruism and how does it help the girls according to Dr. Pipher?
4. What do the studies about eating disorders report about teens and women?
5. According to Dr. Pipher what are parents afraid of and what does it cause them to do?
6. In what way do cities and small communities differ in the way that girls react and feel pressure?
7. Describe Tracy's parents and the reasons Dr. Pipher believes Tracy is using alcohol?
8. Describe what parts of society have different rules for sexual activity and how this affects girls?
9. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that Tammy uses self-mutilation?
10. In what way does Dr. Pipher describe depression and self-mutilation?
This section contains 629 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)