|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Cassie's world more driven by?
(b) Sexual drive
(c) Addictive forces
2. What does Dr. Pipher believe Casey lacks?
(a) She lacks confidence
(b) She lacks structure
(c) She lacks friends
(d) She lacks privacy
3. What does Gail do to harm herself?
(a) She cuts herself on the breasts
(b) She attempts suicide
(c) She burns herself with cigarettes
(d) She takes pills
4. When do problems occur with sexual relationships in couples?
(a) When they have different ideas about the meaning
(b) When they are from different levels of education
(c) When they are from different religons with different expectations
(d) When they are not seeking long-term commitment
5. What was abundant during the 1950s?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is it a sign of when girls hurt themselves externally?
2. What sustains Caroline to allow her to become a strong woman?
3. Which of the following is a technique in which girls reflect on their past or future when they are having a bad day?
4. What percentage of teens believe that force in a sexual relationship is permissible if the couple plans to marry?
5. Which of the following is normal for daughters of alcoholic fathers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of girl does Dr. Pipher describe as the type that tends to fare better during adolescence?
2. Describe the concept of awakening therapy that Dr. Pipher teaches and what the outcomes of this theory may be for the girls.
3. Describe Monica's parents and how they feel about their daughter.
4. What does Dr. Pipher ask her patients to keep and how does she believe it helps them?
5. Which two factors play a role in demonstrating the difference between normal experimentation among teenagers and an abusive situation that requires intervention?
6. What does Dr. Pipher list as the two reasons that girls feel pressure about their appearance during the adolescent years?
7. According to Dr. Pipher what are parents afraid of and what does it cause them to do?
8. What event during her schooling was embarrassing for Dr. Pipher?
9. In what way do cities and small communities differ in the way that girls react and feel pressure?
10. What are the three specific reasons Dr. Pipher lists that adolescents use chemicals?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)