|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Pipher encourage her patients to do in regards to their feelings?
2. What type of therapy does Dr. Pipher teach girls?
3. What percentage of teens believe that force in a sexual relationship is permissible if the couple plans to marry?
4. Which of the following is one of the skills upon which Dr. Pipher focuses?
(a) Explaining relationships
(b) Defining relationships
(c) Socialization relationships
(d) Exacting relationships
5. What does Heidi describe that occurs at weekly weigh-ins at her gymnastic club?
(a) The girls spend time relaxation techniques
(b) The girls spend time counting ribs
(c) The girls spend time anorexic parties
(d) The girls spend time vomiting
Short Answer Questions
1. In what way does Dr. Pipher conclude Danielle is using chemicals?
2. What does Dr. Pipher list as the defining characteristic for American women?
3. What does Dr. Pipher teacher her patients in order to help them better express and reassure themselves?
4. Why does Kelli use chemicals?
5. What do Monica's parents stress to her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What type of sexual assaults can be particularly traumatic to females?
2. Which two factors play a role in demonstrating the difference between normal experimentation among teenagers and an abusive situation that requires intervention?
3. What does Dr. Pipher ask her patients to keep and how does she believe it helps them?
4. What type of girl does Dr. Pipher describe as the type that tends to fare better during adolescence?
5. In what way does Dr. Pipher describe depression and self-mutilation?
6. According to Dr. Pipher what are parents afraid of and what does it cause them to do?
7. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that Tammy uses self-mutilation?
8. What are the three specific reasons Dr. Pipher lists that adolescents use chemicals?
9. What do the studies about eating disorders report about teens and women?
10. What does Pipher describe as the most defining characteristics for American women and when do girls feel the most pressure about their appearance?
This section contains 635 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)