|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Dr. Pipher feel the blame for many of the problems lies?
(d) Popular culture
2. What does Dr. Pipher describe as being a compounding factor with society when it comes to sexual activity?
(a) Society has abuse and assault
(b) Society has unclear rules
(c) Society has similar sexual messages
(d) Society has peer pressure
3. Which of the following is one of the skills upon which Dr. Pipher focuses?
(a) Socialization relationships
(b) Defining relationships
(c) Explaining relationships
(d) Exacting relationships
4. What does Dr. Pipher encourage her patients to do in regards to their feelings?
5. Which of the following factors is important in demonstrating the difference between normal experimentation and abuse?
(b) Psychological makeups
(d) Peer pressure
6. Which of the following isn't one of the things Dr. Pipher believes athletic skills give to girls?
(a) It gives them confidence
(b) It gives them limited growth
(c) It gives them peer groups
(d) It gives them cooperative skills
7. What are girls unprepared for that results from having sex too soon?
(a) They are unprepared for sexually transmitted diseases
(b) They are unprepared for emotional trauma
(c) They are unprepared for rape
(d) They are unprepared for pregnancy
8. What type of therapy does Dr. Pipher teach girls?
9. What percentage of babies born in the 1990s were born to single mothers?
10. What can all victims of assault benefit from treatment for?
(a) Post-traumatic stress disorders
(b) Rape syndrome
(c) Sexually transmitted diseases
(d) Coping skills
11. According to Dr. Pipher, many professions which have members who diet to be successful soon may become?
(d) Emotional trauma
12. Why does Kelli use chemicals?
(a) She wants to rebel
(b) She wants to escape family obligations
(c) She wants to experiment
(d) She wants to feel enlightend
13. Which of the following professions is not at high risk for developing bulimia?
14. What does Margaret tell Dr. Pipher she will never let rule her life again?
(a) Athletic skills
15. Which of the following was considered to be unfeminine in Dr. Pipher's community?
(a) Women working
(b) Women to have too much education
(c) Women practicing medicine
(d) Women watching television
Short Answer Questions
1. Self-mutilation is often used by girls to do which of the following?
2. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that girls turn to alcohol, drugs, food or self-mutilation?
3. What was abundant during the 1950s?
4. How do highly gifted girls react to world events?
5. How many major sexual issues does Dr. Pipher say are facing girls in the 1990s?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)