|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, A Fence at the Top of the Hill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What type of model does Dr. Pipher believe boys need?
(a) Gentle female role models
(b) Supervised places to talk
(c) Model of manhood
(d) Gender stereo type training
2. What does Dr. Pipher encourage Penelope to do when she handles frustration in a positive way?
(a) She should record each time
(b) She should tell her parents
(c) She should reward herself with a tangible treat
(d) She should email Dr. Pipher with the news
3. Why does Fay bring her daughter into therapy?
(a) Her daughter claims to be a lesbian
(b) Her daughter has requested the opportunity to go to therapy
(c) Her daughter has asked to be emancipated
(d) Her daughter has asked to move out
4. Which of the following is the best definition of vibrancy as described by Miller?
(a) When adults provide children with love
(b) When adults cushion feelings to spare others
(c) When adults shield their children from painful feelings
(d) When adults experience all feelings in a honest way
5. What speculation does Pipher make in relation to Jody and other teens being raised in more liberal households?
(a) They may be more creative and independent
(b) They may be more worried and overwhelmed
(c) They may be more likely to seek out drugs and alcohol
(d) They may be more intense
Short Answer Questions
1. How many major sexual issues does Dr. Pipher say are facing girls in the 1990s?
2. What can parents do to validate their daughter's independent behavior?
3. Which of the following is normal for daughters of alcoholic fathers?
4. At what age did Dr. Pipher see her first television show?
5. How did families of Dr. Pipher's time handle their troubles?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)