|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, A Fence at the Top of the Hill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Pipher indicate that girls at this age are difficult to study?
(a) They have secretive natures
(b) They have too many obstacles
(c) They have mood swings
(d) They have unpredictable behavior
2. Which of the following was not a suggestion from Dr. Pipher for Heidi to find other ways to express herself?
(a) She could listen to music
(b) She could meditate
(c) She could learn effective relaxation techniques
(d) She could journal
3. Which type of girl is clearly more rat isk of developing an addiction?
(a) Those who are unable to control their weight
(b) Those with strict parents
(c) Those with no friends
(d) Those with other problems
4. What sustains June and allows her to become a strong woman?
(a) Support of her father
(b) Peer relationships
(c) Athletic skills
(d) Mother's love
5. What school activities do many girls participate in which often makes them emotionally healthy?
(a) They can participate in contests
(b) They can participate in sports
(c) They can participate in academics
(d) They can participate in clubs
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following skills does Dr. Pipher stress girls, in particular, need to be encouraged to do?
2. Which of the following was considered to be unfeminine in Dr. Pipher's community?
3. What is the first dimension according to Pipher?
4. Which of the following best describes how girls perceive distant fathers as compared to mothers?
5. How does Dr. Pipher define imaginary audience syndrome?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)