|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 15, A Fence at the Top of the Hill.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Pipher, what does the culture strive to do to young women?
(a) Control them
(b) Debase them
(c) Objectify them
(d) Define them
2. Which of the following is not an example of surface structure?
(a) Internal struggle to find oneself
3. Which category does Dr. Pipher indicate that most fathers fall into?
(a) Most fathers are abusive
(b) Most fathers are distant
(c) Most fathers are supportive
(d) Most fathers are reluctant
4. How many types of sex education does Dr. Pipher believe girls receive?
5. Which comparison best describes the concept of young girls suppressing their true selves and trying to constantly please others?
(a) Fish hiding from predators
(b) Oil and water
(c) Flood waters continuing to rise
(d) Saplings in a hurricane
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following terms does not describe Tracy?
2. Which of the following adjectives best describes the relationship between Whitney and Evelyn?
3. Friendships with kids of both genders should be?
4. How does Dr. Pipher describe adolescent girls?
5. Daughters are expected to love their mothers, but not to do which of the following?
This section contains 208 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)