|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Then and Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what way do teens manipulate their parents?
(a) They rebel until they get what they want
(b) They pit them against each other
(c) They force them to reconcile
(d) They provide additional stressors in their lives
2. What do many teens do after a divorce?
(a) The reject their peers
(b) They run away from home
(c) They seek out a connection with one of the parents
(d) They reject their parents' authority
3. Which of the following was not used to describe the values of yesterday described in this chapter?
(a) They were sexist
(b) They were racist
(c) They were patriarchal
(d) They were unintroduced
4. What is Cassie's world more driven by?
(a) Sexual drive
(c) Addictive forces
5. What do the dreams of being paralyzed or being stuck in quicksand represent according to Pipher?
(a) Struggle to search for their true self
(b) Fight for freedom from parental restrictions
(c) Fighting forces beyond their control
(d) Struggle to gain independence
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Pipher describe as being a compounding factor with society when it comes to sexual activity?
2. How does Peter Rowen describe anorexia?
3. Which of the following adjectives best describes the relationship between Whitney and Evelyn?
4. With what does Dr. Pipher believe adolescent girls have an enormous preoccupation in their own lives?
5. What disease does Katie's mother ,Pete, suffer from that debilitates her?
This section contains 269 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)