|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Drugs and Alcohol - If Ophelia Were Alive Today.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Dr. Pipher believe Casey lacks?
(a) She lacks structure
(b) She lacks privacy
(c) She lacks confidence
(d) She lacks friends
2. What do psychologists study to determine the best parenting techniques?
(b) Research studies
3. Who or what does Miller hold responsible for the split between child and adult during adolescence?
4. What speculation does Pipher make about girls who are raised to be open-minded and curious?
(a) They may be overwhelmed by the turmoil of adolescence
(b) They may be struggle more than others to find themselves
(c) They may be unsure of themselves
(d) They may be faced with too many choices
5. What does Dr. Pipher compare girls of divorce to?
(a) Thunderstorms booming loudly
(b) Hurricanes hitting the shore
(c) Saplings in a storm
(d) Rip currents pulling people under
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Pipher define authenticity?
2. Which of the following terms best describes a young girl's emotional system?
3. Which of the following is the best definition of vibrancy as described by Miller?
4. Why are alcohol and marijuana popular with teenage girls?
5. Where does Dr. Pipher indicate an adolescent who is untroubled usually looks for guidance?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)