|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 10, Drugs and Alcohol - If Ophelia Were Alive Today.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to Dr. Pipher, how are relationships with mothers viewed?
(a) They are viewed as independent
(b) They are viewed as growth-oriented
(c) They are viewed as interesting
(d) They are viewed as dependent
2. According to Dr. Pipher, adolescence requires daughters to distance themselves from who?
(a) Their siblings
(b) Their peers
(c) The person with whom they are most closely identified
(d) Their parents
3. What contradiction does Pipher describe in relation to what parents share with their children?
(a) Parents' values contradict cultural stereotypes
(b) Parents' ideals contradict society norms
(c) Parents' values contradict ideals
(d) Parents' values contradict media's messages
4. What do many teens do after a divorce?
(a) They seek out a connection with one of the parents
(b) They reject their parents' authority
(c) The reject their peers
(d) They run away from home
5. Which of the following terms best describes how Jessica feels?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which type of girl is usually a perfectionist?
2. Why does Dr. Pipher indicate that girls at this age are difficult to study?
3. From what condition does Cindy suffer?
4. What type of student is Whitney?
5. Which of the following professions is not at high risk for developing bulimia?
This section contains 224 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)