|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Divorce.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Hamlet rejects Ophelia for being obedient to her father what happens to her?
(a) She goes insane
(b) She immediately drowns
(c) She reverts to her pre-adolescence personality
(d) She leaves by running away
2. According to Dr. Pipher, how are relationships with fathers viewed?
3. How much more likely are boys to speak up in class than girls?
(a) 10 times
(b) 2 times
(c) 5 times
(d) 12 times
4. How does Dr. Pipher describe Polly's transformation?
(a) From submissive follower to force of nature
(b) From force of nature to submissive follower
(c) Natural development to forced development
(d) Masculine to feminine
5. How does Dr. Pipher describe deep structure?
(a) Internal struggles
(b) Camouflage behavior
(c) What others can see
(d) Root cause of behavior
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following best describes how girls perceive distant fathers as compared to mothers?
2. What does Myra do to her parents?
3. According to Dr. Pipher, how are relationships with mothers viewed?
4. Who does Dr. Pipher say is often given the credit for raising strong daughters?
5. What kind of standard does Dr. Pipher believe Americans have in relation to values and beliefs?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)