|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7, Divorce.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that Jessica continues to rebel even more?
(a) Parental smothering
(b) Her mother understands her behavior
(c) Too much independence
(d) Sexual harassment
2. In what way do teens manipulate their parents?
(a) They pit them against each other
(b) They provide additional stressors in their lives
(c) They force them to reconcile
(d) They rebel until they get what they want
3. How does Dr. Pipher describe surface structure?
(a) Internal struggles
(b) What others can see
(c) Camouflage behavior
(d) Root cause of behavior
4. Which of the following descriptors can be used to describe the emotions of an adolescent girl?
(a) Devastating at times
(b) Full of perspective
(c) Developed but over-reactive
(d) Extreme and inconsistent
5. What percentage of families fits the traditional dynamic according to Pipher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who or what does Pipher hold responsible for the split between child and adult during adolescence?
2. Which of the following is not one of the types of father-daughter relationships Dr. Pipher describes?
3. What do psychologists study to determine the best parenting techniques?
4. Who or what does Miller hold responsible for the split between child and adult during adolescence?
5. What type of student is Whitney?
This section contains 201 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)