|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Families - The Root Systems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Pipher describe adolescent girls?
(a) Unrealistic girls
(b) Female impersonators
(c) Unpleasing souls
2. Which of the following is not a descriptor of a healthy adult according to Broverman's study?
3. How does Dr. Pipher define imaginary audience syndrome?
(a) Acting as if you are on a stage all the time
(b) Instead of living, acting as if you are performing life
(c) Thinking people are always scrutinizing your every move
(d) Emotional over-reactions to situations
4. What speculation does Pipher make about girls who are raised to be open-minded and curious?
(a) They may be faced with too many choices
(b) They may be struggle more than others to find themselves
(c) They may be overwhelmed by the turmoil of adolescence
(d) They may be unsure of themselves
5. What does Miller believe elevates a child's "false" self?
(a) A sense of dissatisfaction
(b) Denying his true self
(c) Withdrawal from himself
(d) Denouncing others' values
Short Answer Questions
1. Which group of adults does Dr. Pipher believe is the most well adjusted?
2. How does Dr. Pipher describe deep structure?
3. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that bright, sensitive girls are more at risk for problems?
4. Which comparison best describes the concept of young girls suppressing their true selves and trying to constantly please others?
5. What do psychologists study to determine the best parenting techniques?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)