|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Families - The Root Systems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Dr. Pipher describe Polly's transformation?
(a) Masculine to feminine
(b) From submissive follower to force of nature
(c) From force of nature to submissive follower
(d) Natural development to forced development
2. Which type of parents may have children who struggle in social settings and lack confidence?
(a) Indulgent low in control and high in acceptance
(b) Authoritarian high in control and low in acceptance
(c) Indulgent high in control and low in acceptance
(d) Authoritarian low in control and high in acceptance
3. Why does Dr. Pipher indicate that girls at this age are difficult to study?
(a) They have mood swings
(b) They have unpredictable behavior
(c) They have secretive natures
(d) They have too many obstacles
4. When does Dr. Pipher indicate that Polly began to become confused and withdrawn?
(a) She withdrew once she entered school
(b) She withdrew after she moved to a new home
(c) She withdrew when she started to like boys
(d) She withdrew when she entered adolescence
5. Which of the following finishes the following conflicting messages: Girls should be independent but _____________.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is the best definition for the term androgynous?
2. What contradiction does Pipher describe in relation to what parents share with their children?
3. Which group of adults does Dr. Pipher believe is the most well adjusted?
4. Which comparison best describes the concept of young girls suppressing their true selves and trying to constantly please others?
5. What do psychologists study to determine the best parenting techniques?
This section contains 296 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)