|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Families - The Root Systems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which of the following terms best describes a young girl's emotional system?
2. How does Pipher define authenticity?
(a) Owning all experiences that are socially acceptable
(b) Disowning all experiences
(c) Owning all experiences
(d) Owning all experiences that are not traumatic
3. Why does Dr. Pipher believe that bright, sensitive girls are more at risk for problems?
(a) They do not see enough realistic female role models
(b) They are exposed to more anti-female writings
(c) They are aware of the conflicting forces in their lives
(d) Women are too highly sexualized
4. Who do many of the adolescent girls turn to for support?
(d) Younger girls
5. What contradiction does Pipher describe in relation to what parents share with their children?
(a) Parents' values contradict ideals
(b) Parents' values contradict cultural stereotypes
(c) Parents' values contradict media's messages
(d) Parents' ideals contradict society norms
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following skills does Dr. Pipher stress girls, in particular, need to be encouraged to do?
2. Which of the following descriptors can be used to describe the emotions of an adolescent girl?
3. What choice does Alice Miller indicate young children have to make?
4. What do the dreams of being paralyzed or being stuck in quicksand represent according to Pipher?
5. Which type of parents may have children who struggle in social settings and lack confidence?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)