|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4, Families - The Root Systems.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes it difficult to reason with young girls?
(a) Their immaturity
(b) Their cognitive development
(c) Their emotional nature
(d) Their imaginary audience syndrome
2. How does Dr. Pipher describe Polly's transformation?
(a) Natural development to forced development
(b) Masculine to feminine
(c) From force of nature to submissive follower
(d) From submissive follower to force of nature
3. What does Miller believe elevates a child's "false" self?
(a) Denying his true self
(b) Denouncing others' values
(c) Withdrawal from himself
(d) A sense of dissatisfaction
4. What is the second dimension according to Pipher?
(c) Parenting techniques
(d) Cultural norms
5. What choice does Alice Miller indicate young children have to make?
(a) Be honest or dishonest
(b) Be authentic or hateful
(c) Be honest or loved
(d) Be authentic or deceitful
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following does not describe Cayenne as a young girl?
2. Which type of parents have teens who are impulsive, irresponsible and dependent?
3. What do the dreams of being paralyzed or being stuck in quicksand represent according to Pipher?
4. What speculation does Pipher make about girls who are raised to be open-minded and curious?
5. What does Pipher believe that most people imagine teens' family structures consists of?
This section contains 285 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)