|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Then and Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Penelope begin seeing Dr. Pipher?
(a) She is sexually active
(b) She was abandoned by her parents
(c) She attempted suicide
(d) She was arrested
2. What speculation does Pipher make in relation to Jody and other teens being raised in more liberal households?
(a) They may be more worried and overwhelmed
(b) They may be more intense
(c) They may be more creative and independent
(d) They may be more likely to seek out drugs and alcohol
3. In Cassie's world what is all-powerful?
4. At what age did Dr. Pipher see her first television show?
5. What is it a sign of when girls hurt themselves externally?
(a) They suffer suicidal tendencies
(b) They suffer internal pain
(c) They suffer schizophrenia
(d) They suffer mental abuse
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Monica's parents stress to her?
2. What does Monica believe that her peers' ideas about appearance and popularity are?
3. What was abundant during the 1950s?
4. What does Dr. Pipher indicate that adolescent girls need in order to survive and flourish?
5. What does Dr. Pipher encourage Penelope to do when she handles frustration in a positive way?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)