|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12, Then and Now.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which type of parents may have children who struggle in social settings and lack confidence?
(a) Authoritarian low in control and high in acceptance
(b) Indulgent high in control and low in acceptance
(c) Authoritarian high in control and low in acceptance
(d) Indulgent low in control and high in acceptance
2. Why does Penelope begin seeing Dr. Pipher?
(a) She was arrested
(b) She is sexually active
(c) She attempted suicide
(d) She was abandoned by her parents
3. What does Dr. Pipher indicate that adolescent girls need in order to survive and flourish?
4. In Cassie's world what is all-powerful?
5. At what age does Dr. Pipher indicate Cassie is facing the same issues that college girls of the past faced?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dr. Pipher encourage Penelope to do when she handles frustration in a positive way?
2. What career was Dr. Pipher pushed toward by her teachers in school?
3. What do psychologists study to determine the best parenting techniques?
4. Self-mutilation is often used by girls to do which of the following?
5. What contradiction does Pipher describe in relation to what parents share with their children?
This section contains 263 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)