Chapter 1, Saplings in the Storm
1. How does Dr. Pipher describe her cousin Polly as a young girl?
(a) She is ladylike
(b) She is very into makeup
(c) She is withdrawn
(d) She is a Tomboy
2. When does Dr. Pipher indicate that Polly began to become confused and withdrawn?
(a) She withdrew after she moved to a new home
(b) She withdrew when she entered adolescence
(c) She withdrew when she started to like boys
(d) She withdrew once she entered school
3. How does Dr. Pipher describe Polly's transformation?
(a) From force of nature to submissive follower
(b) From submissive follower to force of nature
(c) Masculine to feminine
(d) Natural development to forced development
4. At what ages would Freud consider the latency period for girls?
(a) About 6 - puberty
(b) About 10- puberty
(c) About 3 - puberty
(d) About 8 - puberty
5. Which of the following is the best definition for the term androgynous?
(b) Stereotypically developing
(d) Neither masculine nor feminine
This section contains 4,518 words
(approx. 16 pages at 300 words per page)