|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol asks Bernie if he is _______________ the night that she and he finally get to talk.
2. What does Bernie suggest he and Carol go look at like they did when they were younger?
3. Carol says she feels lonely and ____________ because she didn't have a father.
4. How many years had Bernie worked at the job from which he was fired in this play?
5. Bernie says that _________ are more important than ideas, anyway, as he's trying to explain himself.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Bernie shares a story about how he crashed his car once night when drinking.
Part 1: Why do you think Bernie decided to tell Carol this story?
Part 2: Do you think it was a good idea for Bernie to tell Carol this story about the car?
Part 3: What does this story about the accident with the car tell the viewer or the reader about Bernie?
Essay Topic 2
Carol makes the statement that she thinks coming from a broken home has affected her marriage.
Part 1: Do you agree that Carol came from a broken home? Why or why not?
Part 2: Why do you think a broken home might lead to a broken marriage?
Part 3: How do you think the broken home history of Carol has affected her marriage?
Essay Topic 3
Bernie has never given anyone jewelry until he gives the bracelet to Carol.
Part 1: Why do you think Bernie decided that Carol should get a bracelet?
Part 2: Do you think that Bernie should have given Carol a bracelet? Why or why not?
Part 3: What do you think Bernie wants from Carol? Why?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)