|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Carol points out that she wants a ___________ with war stories and everything.
2. Who once told Bernie never to give anyone jewelry, which is why he never has done so before?
3. Bernie and Carol discuss the ___________, saying that they should get going.
4. What does Bernie say that he wanted to invite Steve in for when he wakes up the next day?
5. Bernie then realizes that Carol sent _____________ over to meet up with him.
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
The small talk that Bernie and Carol share works to help them both feel polite and comfortable with each other.
Part 1: Why do you think small talk is so important in society?
Part 2: How do you think Bernie and Carol should interact? Or are they doing things 'right' at the beginning?
Part 3: Why do you think people feel they have to be polite about the other's living arrangements?
Essay Topic 2
Carol points out that AA helped her track down her father, though it would seem that AA would try to keep their members anonymous.
Part 1: Why do you think AA would have helped Carol find her father?
Part 2: If someone had found you through AA, how might you have reacted? Why?
Part 3: Do you think anonymity is important to those in AA? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 3
Bernie tells Carol how attractive she is, again and again, as though he can't believe it.
Part 1: Why do you think Bernie believes it's important to tell Carol she's good looking?
Part 2: How do you think you would have responded if your father from a long time ago told you that you were attractive?
Part 3: How do you think Carol feels about Bernie's compliments? Why?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)