|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernie: "What I want to know is why all of a sudden you come ____________."
2. Who does Bernie say that Carol would have liked and whose house he went to up in Provincetown?
3. Bernie points out that he's not asking Carol to ___________ when he talks about how angry he was.
4. What does Bernie suggest he and Carol go look at like they did when they were younger?
5. What does Carol call Bernie as they are getting ready to leave his apartment?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Carol slowly reveals details about her life with Gerry as she is talking to her father.
Part 1: Why do you think Carol decides to talk about Gerry so quickly?
Part 2: Do you think Carol and Gerry have a good relationship? Why or why not?
Part 3: Do you think you would have talked about your spouse with a father you just met? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The army memorabilia makes Carol smile as she thinks of her father as a hero figure.
Part 1: Why do you think Carol can still think of her father as a hero figure?
Part 2: Do you think it's impressive that Carol's father was in the army? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you think Carol wanted her dad to be when she was growing up?
Essay Topic 3
Carol admits that she's been lonely and that's why she's tried to track down Bernie.
Part 1: Why do you think Carol is suddenly lonely in her life?
Part 2: Do you think that Carol should have handled her loneliness by reaching out to a father she's never really known? Why or why not?
Part 3: How do you handle loneliness? What do you do to make yourself feel better?
This section contains 323 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)