|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Bernie tell Carol he has by his second wife as they are sharing their lives with each other?
(a) Twin sisters.
(b) Half brother.
(c) Twin brothers.
(d) Half sister.
2. Who admits they quit smoking a few years ago so they know how hard it is to do so?
3. What was Bernie's nickname when he was in the army, though he doesn't remember why he was called that?
4. What does Bernie want to know about Carol's place? Bernie: "You got a ____________?"
5. Carol comments that he has a lot of ______________, which Bernie agrees and says that he always has.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Carol say she wants when Bernie asks her what she wants by coming to see him?
2. Carol notes, "Our __________ is quite nice. You'll like it a lot. When you come see it."
3. Bernie curses and says that Carol hasn't even been to the ____________ where he works.
4. Who still goes to church, according to the conversation at the start of the play?
5. Bernie says that as long as Gerry truly ___________ for her, then everything else doesn't matter much.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is happening between two characters at the start of the play when the first scene begins?
2. What is another reason Carol gives for wanting to see and to talk with Bernie?
3. Why did Bernie get fired from the phone company, according to the story Bernie relates at the start of the chapter?
4. What does Carol admit to Bernie as being the reason why she wanted to talk with him?
5. What does Bernie say when Carol compliments him on how he looks as they meet for one of the first times?
6. What did the boss Bernie had at the phone company do for him after the accident?
7. What is the story behind Carol finally being able to find Bernie where he's living now?
8. What does Bernie admit about his other son when he talks about him with Carol?
9. What does Bernie say that Carol should focus on in her life, according to his own opinion?
10. What does Bernie say about the opinion Carol has about her marriage and why it is the way it is?
This section contains 607 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)