|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernie comments that ___________ might be one of those people who actually means it when they go to church.
2. Did Bernie know about the fantasy that Carol had as a child as mentioned in question #77?
(b) It's unclear.
(c) Bernie told her to fantasize that.
3. Bernie points out it's important to find ____________wherever you can, not to dwell on what cannot be changed.
4. What does Bernie say that Carol does too often, and that she should try to stop?
5. What does Bernie want to know about Carol's place? Bernie: "You got a ____________?"
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ says that he would have recognized her anywhere at the start of the play.
2. What do Bernie and Carol compliment each other on when they are talking at the start of the play?
3. Bernie apologizes for speaking __________ when he's speaking with Carol in this scene.
4. Bernie is involved with the ___________ and AA meetings and the organization.
5. What did Bernie tell Carol about the fantasy that she had when she was a child?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the joke that Bernie makes about the gift he presents to Carol in this scene?
2. What does Bernie say when Carol asks him if he is working that night during this scene?
3. During what holiday does the story Bernie tells in this scene take place as he is sharing the story with Carol?
4. What does Bernie say about the opinion Carol has about her marriage and why it is the way it is?
5. What does Carol have to say about Bernie's apartment when she is standing in it during this scene?
6. Why has Bernie never given anyone jewelry before this particular day?
7. What does Carol reveal about her history of traveling with Gerry during her life?
8. How long has Bernie lived in his current apartment, according to his admission to Carol?
9. What does Carol say she does for a living at the start of this scene?
10. What does Bernie suggest he and Carol do in order to continue their conversation?
This section contains 584 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)