|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decorated Bernie's apartment, according to him, when Carol comments about it?
(b) No one.
(c) He did.
(d) The previous tenant.
2. What does Bernie want to know about Carol's place? Bernie: "You got a ____________?"
3. Bernie notes that he is not Carol's __________ father, but her father, the ex-drunk.
4. Bernie apologizes for speaking __________ when he's speaking with Carol in this scene.
5. How many rooms does Carol say that her current home has, as she is speaking with Bernie?
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernie comments that ___________ might be one of those people who actually means it when they go to church.
2. What does the acronym VA stand for when it is mentioned in this opening scene of the play?
3. Bernie describes his younger years and times as ways of getting __________.
4. What was Bernie's nickname when he was in the army, though he doesn't remember why he was called that?
5. Bernie thinks Carol should work wherever she wants as long as she is ____________ at her job.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Bernie do after Carol remarks again about how nice Bernie's place is?
2. Who is the other person besides himself that took care of Bernie, according to Bernie's recollection?
3. What did Bernie admit to envisioning for his and Carol's first meeting together?
4. What does Bernie say when Carol compliments him on how he looks as they meet for one of the first times?
5. What does Carol attribute her good looks to, according to what she says in their conversation?
6. Why did Bernie get fired from the phone company, according to the story Bernie relates at the start of the chapter?
7. What does Bernie reveal about his time in the military as Carol and he are talking in this scene?
8. On what day did Bernie plan to call Carol when she was younger, according to his admission in this scene?
9. What do Carol and Bernie both admit to each other when they talk at the start of this scene?
10. How did Carol find Bernie, according to her when she and Bernie are talking in his apartment?
This section contains 567 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)