|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who did the legwork in order to allow for the meeting between Carol and Bernie?
2. Carol says that she and her half-sister are very close and Bernie says she'd like ______________.
3. Carol notes, "Our __________ is quite nice. You'll like it a lot. When you come see it."
4. What is Bernie's last name according to the notes at the start of the play?
5. What does Bernie tell Carol she is, again, as he continues to tell her this in the play?
(d) Good looking.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Bernie tell Carol about the fantasy that she had when she was a child?
2. Where does Carol admit to working when Bernie asks her about this part of her life?
3. How old is Carol when this play is taking place, according to the notes at the start of the play?
4. Who does Bernie admit to not having seen in a long time, according to his own admission?
5. Carol says that her unhappiness comes from another source: Gerry isn't ______________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the story behind Carol finally being able to find Bernie where he's living now?
2. What does Bernie say that Carol should focus on in her life, according to his own opinion?
3. What does Carol admit to Bernie as being the reason why she wanted to talk with him?
4. What does Carol say has affected her marriage, in her opinion, when she talks with Bernie?
5. On what day did Bernie plan to call Carol when she was younger, according to his admission in this scene?
6. What is Bernie doing in the picture that Carol is looking at when the scene opens?
7. Why did Bernie chew out a young lieutenant when he was in the military, according to his side of the story?
8. What does Bernie answer when Carol talks about having a lot of friends in her life?
9. What are Carol and Gerry talking about, that she shares with Bernie as they are talking together?
10. What does Bernie say that he wants to offer Carol when they are meeting, but he cannot because of his new life?
This section contains 595 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)