|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long will it be until Bernie can get his license back, according to him?
(a) One year.
(b) Five years.
(c) Six months.
(d) A decade.
2. In the beginning of this scene, Bernie points out that he cannot work for the _____________ anymore.
(b) Phone Company.
(c) Phone center.
3. When Bernie finds out that Gerry fought in a war, what does he ask Carol if Gerry does?
(a) Have nightmares.
(b) Go to the VA.
(c) Talk about it.
4. Carol asks Bernie if he is _______________ the night that she and he finally get to talk.
(d) Going to a meeting.
5. What war does Carol mention that Gerry once fought in as she and Bernie continue to talk?
(d) Persian Gulf.
6. What is the most important institution in America, according to Carol, as she shares her feelings with Bernie?
7. What was in the incident report that Bernie thinks caused him to be fired from his job?
(a) That he was a good lineman.
(b) The he was late.
(d) That he was drinking.
8. What kind of car did Bernie apparently hit, which is what caused him to be fired from his job?
(b) Ice cream truck.
(c) Police car.
(d) Army general truck.
9. In this scene, Bernie makes the joke that he found the gift for Carol ____________.
(a) Under the tree.
(b) At Tiffany's.
(c) On the bus.
(d) At the thrift store.
10. Bernie then realizes that Carol sent _____________ over to meet up with him.
(a) No one.
11. Bernie points out that he's not asking Carol to ___________ when he talks about how angry he was.
(a) Take it to heart.
(c) Forgive him.
12. Where was Bernie working during the story that is being told during this scene?
(c) New York.
(d) The Cape.
13. Who once told Bernie never to give anyone jewelry, which is why he never has done so before?
14. What is helping to ensure that Bernie is doing okay with the money he's making at the time of the story?
(a) Recycling cans.
(b) An inheritance.
(d) Change on the street.
15. Bernie points out, "What's ____________isn't going nowhere."
(a) Behind us.
(b) Between us.
(c) Around us.
(d) Before us.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernie points out that the engraver could not ______________, which is why the engraving is wrong.
2. Where was Bernie working when he tells the story to Carol during this scene?
3. What happens to cause the wreck with the car, according to the story of Bernie?
4. What had Bernie's boss said he would do if Bernie got fired anyway from the company?
5. Bernie points out that you have to be where you are, while you're there or you're ____________.
This section contains 493 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)