|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernie admits he was mad at _____________ for a long time after the divorce took place.
(b) The government.
(c) Carol's mother.
2. What is Bernie's response to the admission of Carol in #152?
(d) Me too.
3. Carol says that coming from a ____________ is what has caused troubles in her life with Gerry.
(a) Abusive background.
(b) Bad school.
(c) Single mom.
(d) Broken home.
4. What does Carol admit when Bernie begins to grow impatient about the reason behind Carol's sudden appearance?
(a) I needed more.
(b) I felt lonely.
(c) I heard you were sick.
(d) I wanted to know you.
5. What does Bernie suggest he and Carol go look at like they did when they were younger?
6. Bernie says that he was asked to come into work to cover for someone who ____________, but he turned it down.
(a) Was sick.
(b) Was having a baby.
(c) He hated.
(d) Had a family emergency.
7. When Bernie finds out that Gerry fought in a war, what does he ask Carol if Gerry does?
(a) Have nightmares.
(b) Talk about it.
(d) Go to the VA.
8. Bernie says that he will do whatever ________ wants to do about dinner.
(b) Her therapist.
9. What kind of item does Bernie offer to Carol after she's asked for something from him in #131?
(c) Instant coffee.
(d) Green tea.
10. Then Carol says that she would rather go out to dinner with Bernie _______________.
(a) With a bigger group
(b) With Barbara.
(c) On her own.
(d) With her mother.
11. Where was Bernie working during the story that is being told during this scene?
(c) The Cape.
(d) New York.
12. Bernie suggests that Carol should call ___________ and then they'll leave.
13. What doesn't Carol want to be with Bernie, as she admits in this scene?
14. Bernie thinks that he and Carol have both been through ___________, so there's no need to understand.
(a) Drinking binges.
(b) Two lifetimes of junk.
15. What had Bernie's boss said he would do if Bernie got fired anyway from the company?
(a) He said he would appeal it.
(b) He said he would pay him under the table.
(c) He said he would go to court.
(d) He said he would quit.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who decides to tell a long story during the course of this particular scene?
2. How much time did Bernie spend in jail, that he admits to in this scene?
3. What did Carol used to go into Mike's for once in awhile when Bernie used to be in there often?
4. Who did most of the work on the telephone pole that Bernie had ruined during his accident?
5. Bernie used to drive into Boston and go out to ______________ with Alex, according to the story.
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)