|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Carol admit when Bernie begins to grow impatient about the reason behind Carol's sudden appearance?
(a) I heard you were sick.
(b) I needed more.
(c) I felt lonely.
(d) I wanted to know you.
2. Then Carol says that she would rather go out to dinner with Bernie _______________.
(a) With a bigger group
(b) With her mother.
(c) On her own.
(d) With Barbara.
3. Who decides to tell a long story during the course of this particular scene?
(d) Both characters.
4. Where was Bernie working during the story that is being told during this scene?
(c) The Cape.
(d) New York.
5. What does Bernie suggest he and Carol do that they used to do when she was a child?
(a) Go out to eat.
(c) Go for a walk.
(d) Head to the park.
6. Carol asks Bernie if he is _______________ the night that she and he finally get to talk.
(a) Going to a meeting.
7. Carol says that she wants to get _________________ Bernie better.
(a) To know.
(b) Therapy to understand.
(c) Food and communication with.
(d) Gerry to talk to.
8. Carol says that ________ thinks it would be a good idea if they all went to dinner together.
(a) Her therapist.
9. Bernie tries to explain his question to Carol: "Not that I was sure how you'd feel about _____________..."
(b) Seeing me.
(c) Learning about me.
(d) Knowing me.
10. Bernie points out that he's not asking Carol to ___________ when he talks about how angry he was.
(a) Forgive him.
(d) Take it to heart.
11. What day of the week does Bernie tell Carol that he never works at his current job?
12. In the beginning of this scene, Bernie points out that he cannot work for the _____________ anymore.
(b) Phone center.
(c) Phone Company.
13. What was in the incident report that Bernie thinks caused him to be fired from his job?
(b) The he was late.
(c) That he was drinking.
(d) That he was a good lineman.
14. What is the most important institution in America, according to Carol, as she shares her feelings with Bernie?
15. Bernie admits he was mad at _____________ for a long time after the divorce took place.
(a) The government.
(b) Carol's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernie say when Carol explains to Bernie her thoughts about her history?
2. Spending time in __________ reminded Bernie that sometimes the present is all that's important.
3. Bernie points out, "What's ____________isn't going nowhere."
4. Bernie doesn't want Carol to hold onto the ______________ in any way.
5. What profession does Carol say that she had for a time, though she's no longer doing that?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)