|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Carol think will agree with the way that Bernie responds to her ideas about her life?
(b) No one.
2. Who decides to tell a long story during the course of this particular scene?
(c) Both characters.
3. Jewelry makes the person who receives it feel like they have to ________________.
(a) Be overly thankful.
(b) Feel guilty.
(c) Do whatever the other person wants.
(d) Wear it all the time.
4. Where was Bernie working during the story that is being told during this scene?
(b) The Cape.
(d) New York.
5. Bernie points out that the engraver could not ______________, which is why the engraving is wrong.
(a) Read his handwriting.
(b) Hold his hand steady.
(c) Make a change.
(d) Hear too well.
6. What doesn't Carol want to be with Bernie, as she admits in this scene?
7. Bernie and Carol discuss the ___________, saying that they should get going.
(a) Sports teams.
(c) Train schedule.
(d) Bus times.
8. Who did most of the work on the telephone pole that Bernie had ruined during his accident?
(d) No one fixed it.
9. What is the date that's engraved on the gift that Bernie gives to Carol?
(a) March 8th.
(b) March 10th.
(c) March 3rd.
(d) April 1st.
10. How long will it be until Bernie can get his license back, according to him?
(a) Five years.
(b) A decade.
(c) One year.
(d) Six months.
11. Carol asks Bernie if he agrees that she is _____________ the things she wants from him.
(a) Entitled to
(b) Ready for.
(c) Worthy of.
(d) Good for.
12. What did Carol used to go into Mike's for once in awhile when Bernie used to be in there often?
13. How much money did Bernie put into his wallet in order to go to Mitchell's?
14. Bernie says it's important that she and he ___________ each other as they are now.
(c) Agree with.
(d) Listen to.
15. What war does Carol mention that Gerry once fought in as she and Bernie continue to talk?
(a) Persian Gulf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Bernie says that he was asked to come into work to cover for someone who ____________, but he turned it down.
2. How much time did Bernie spend in jail, that he admits to in this scene?
3. Bernie asks Carol if she minds if he gets ___________ for a second.
4. What is helping to ensure that Bernie is doing okay with the money he's making at the time of the story?
5. Carol says she feels lonely and ____________ because she didn't have a father.
This section contains 446 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)