|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. _____________ imagined some sort of intense drama when they finally met up.
2. Bernie welcomes ______________ in his apartment at the start of the play.
3. Carol says that her unhappiness comes from another source: Gerry isn't ______________.
(a) Being faithful.
(b) A good lover.
(c) Home much.
(d) Listening to her.
4. Who does Bernie want to learn more about, though Carol tries to avoid it?
(b) Her mother.
5. Bernie notes that he is not Carol's __________ father, but her father, the ex-drunk.
6. Carol suggests that she and Bernie renew their ____________ when they are talking to each other.
(d) No smoking committment.
7. __________ says that no one is going to take care of them so they need to do it themselves.
8. Carol says that she and Gerry love each other in the ___________ way when asked by Bernie about their relationship.
9. Bernie says that if he were still a drinker, Carol probably would not______________.
(a) Have to come over.
(b) Have been there.
(c) Recognize him.
(d) Be alive.
10. What does Bernie not want Carol to call him when she's in his apartment at the start of the play?
11. Bernie talks about not having to go look for someone to help him ___________.
(a) With his problems.
(b) Get laid.
(c) Feel quiet.
(d) Feel happy.
12. Who does Carol currently live with, according to her own admission in this scene of the play?
(a) No one.
(c) Her mother.
13. What does Gerry have in the home, according to Carol as she is describing her home?
14. Who did the legwork in order to allow for the meeting between Carol and Bernie?
15. Who did Carol used to fantasize her father was when she was a little girl growing up?
(b) Howdy Doody.
(c) Lone Ranger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Bernie try to find when he and Carol are visiting, though she tells him not to worry about it?
2. What is Bernie's reaction to the fact that Carol thinks he can do better than the job he currently has?
3. Did Bernie know about the fantasy that Carol had as a child as mentioned in question #77?
4. Bernie says that if he were a ______________, he'd offer her a drink when she came in the door.
5. Bernie says that being a man of the world, being a bad ________ doesn't really mean anything.
This section contains 437 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)