|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who decorated Bernie's apartment, according to him, when Carol comments about it?
(a) The previous tenant.
(b) He did.
(c) No one.
2. Who does Carol currently live with, according to her own admission in this scene of the play?
(b) No one.
(c) Her mother.
3. What do Bernie and Carol compliment each other on when they are talking at the start of the play?
(b) The books they read.
(c) Their quitting of drinking.
(d) Their looks.
4. Carol looks at a picture of Bernie taken during the ____________ as she's talking with him in the scene.
5. What is Bernie's reaction to the fact that Carol thinks he can do better than the job he currently has?
(a) He ignores her.
(b) He agrees.
(c) He's angry.
(d) He's confused.
6. Bernie curses and says that Carol hasn't even been to the ____________ where he works.
7. What is the name of Bernie's second wife, according to his admission about her sibling(s)?
8. What does the acronym VA stand for when it is mentioned in this opening scene of the play?
(a) Volleyball Association.
(b) Vietnam Association.
(c) Valley Administration.
(d) Veterans Administration.
9. Bernie admits that he's lived in the apartment for a couple of ___________ when he's talking to Carol.
10. What does Bernie feel like, according to his own admission at the start of the play?
11. Who did Bernie once chew out because he believed this person wasn't giving him the respect he deserved?
(a) He never chewed anyone out.
(c) His coporal.
(d) The division leader.
12. Bernie talks about not having to go look for someone to help him ___________.
(a) Feel quiet.
(b) Get laid.
(c) Feel happy.
(d) With his problems.
13. What was Bernie's position when he was in the army, though he says those in this position don't generally last long?
(a) Front row gunner.
(c) Batallion chief.
(d) Tail gunner.
14. Bernie comments that men are generally frightened of _________ women.
15. What does Bernie try to find when he and Carol are visiting, though she tells him not to worry about it?
(a) Photo albums.
(b) A baby bootie.
(c) Birth certificate.
(d) A baby journal.
Short Answer Questions
1. _____________ says that he would have recognized her anywhere at the start of the play.
2. Bernie talks about how he is ___________ when he is talking with Carol in this scene.
3. Bernie begins to share his view on people who talk about living in the ___________ and getting back to nature.
4. Bernie says that as long as Gerry truly ___________ for her, then everything else doesn't matter much.
5. What does Gerry have in the home, according to Carol as she is describing her home?
This section contains 455 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)