Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Scene 1
1. What is happening between two characters at the start of the play when the first scene begins?
2. What does Bernie say that he wants to offer Carol when they are meeting, but he cannot because of his new life?
3. What does Bernie say when Carol compliments him on how he looks as they meet for one of the first times?
4. Who is the other person besides himself that took care of Bernie, according to Bernie's recollection?
5. What does Bernie answer when Carol talks...
This section contains 1,118 words|
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)