|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Scene 10.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Bernie notes that he is not Carol's __________ father, but her father, the ex-drunk.
2. Carol thinks she's gotten her good looks from her _____________, and she tells him so.
3. What did Bernie tell Carol about the fantasy that she had when she was a child?
(a) Keep it to herself.
(b) Tell everyone.
(c) She was crazy for thinking that way.
(d) Don't tell her mother.
4. Bernie tells her that her problem with Gerry shouldn't ________________.
(a) Be a marriage breaker.
(b) Be a worry at all.
(c) Get her down.
(d) Be something she shares with her father.
5. Bernie points out that he's not asking Carol to ___________ when he talks about how angry he was.
(c) Forgive him.
(d) Take it to heart.
Short Answer Questions
1. During what month of the year is this play supposedly taking place, according to the notes at the start of the book?
2. Who did Bernie once chew out because he believed this person wasn't giving him the respect he deserved?
3. Bernie thinks that he and Carol have both been through ___________, so there's no need to understand.
4. What does the acronym VA stand for when it is mentioned in this opening scene of the play?
5. Where was Bernie working during the story that is being told during this scene?
This section contains 246 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)