Objective: The reconnection of a father with a daughter is a situation which is uncomfortable, even for the audience who doesn't know their history. Today's objective is to talk about the parent-child relationship, its importance, and its significance.
1) 1. Have each student make a list of the things which make a good parent.
2. In smaller groups, have students discuss whether they think it's important to have a strong parent relationship. Why or why not?
3. As a class, have the students discuss the benefits of having a strong bond with a parent. What are the disadvantages? Would the students always want to know their biological parents? Why or why not?
4. Homework: Have students write about how they think Carol feels prior to her meeting with Bernie. Why?
5. Homework: Have students discuss how they think Bernie must feel about meeting up with Carol. Why?
6. Homework: Have the students discuss whether...
This section contains 5,261 words
(approx. 18 pages at 300 words per page)