Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Scene 1 Abstract
* Bernie welcomes Carol into his apartment.
* Bernie admits he was once a drinker.
* Carol suggests they both go to church again together.
Scene 2 Abstract
* Carol comments that Bernie's apartment is nice.
* Carol says that she and Gerry are thinking of buying a house together.
Scene 3 Abstract
* Carol looks at a picture of Bernie back...
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)