|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym feel about his mother's death?
(b) Heartbroken and partly to blame.
(c) Sad and unsure about the future.
2. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
(a) She does not want to hear from him.
(b) The letter falls on the floor, and she does not see it.
(c) It arrives after she is already in bed.
(d) Captain Vye hides it.
3. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For them to run away together.
(b) For him to murder Clym.
(c) For her to leave for Paris.
(d) For him to go to Paris first.
4. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
(a) The red dye no longer stains.
(b) The dye is now clear.
(c) He has found a strong soap.
(d) He has left the reddleman business.
5. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(d) Sam and Humphrey.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
2. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
3. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
4. Where is Clym waiting?
5. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)