|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
2. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Giving it all the Thomasin.
(b) Stealing the money.
(c) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
(d) Spending the money.
3. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
(a) He is unkind and untrustworthy.
(b) For whom to break her vows.
(c) He is not wealthy enough for her.
(d) As Thomasin's husband.
4. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
(b) The letter from her husband.
(d) Her bag.
5. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(b) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia's infidelity.
(d) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
3. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
4. Where is Clym waiting?
5. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the fire act as a signal?
2. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
3. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
4. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
5. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
6. How does Clym feel about his new job?
7. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
8. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
9. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
10. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
This section contains 658 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)