|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She tells him she loves him.
(b) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(c) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
(d) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
2. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He goes to Thomasin.
(b) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
(c) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
(d) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
3. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(b) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
(c) Spying the Vye household.
(d) Flying on her broomstick.
4. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
(b) She does not know how to dance.
(c) Her husband is not there.
(d) She does not know anyone.
5. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
(a) He goes after her.
(b) He goes home and tries to forget all about her.
(c) He goes to his room and slams the door shut.
(d) He sits down and cries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
2. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
3. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
4. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
5. On what are the locals working?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
2. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
3. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
4. What takes place near Thomasin's house?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
7. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
8. What happens to Clym's letter?
9. How does Clym feel about his new job?
10. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
This section contains 654 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)