|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Eustacia at midnight?
(a) On her way to meet Damon.
(b) Crying under the moonlight.
(c) On her way to see her husband.
(d) Asleep in her bed.
2. On what are the locals working?
(a) A farm.
(b) A mattress.
(c) A store.
(d) A maypole.
3. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
(a) He is not wealthy enough for her.
(b) He is unkind and untrustworthy.
(c) For whom to break her vows.
(d) As Thomasin's husband.
4. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He cries.
(b) He says nothing.
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He becomes shy
5. Why is Clym unable to continue his studies temporarily?
(a) He must find a job.
(b) Eustacia is threatening to leave.
(c) The poor light he has been reading in is affecting his eyesight.
(d) He does not have the money to buy more books.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
2. What does Diggory want to erect?
3. Who does Clym find?
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
5. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
Short Essay Questions
1. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
2. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
3. What happens to Clym's letter?
4. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
5. What conversations lead to Clym learning about the day of his mother's death?
6. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
7. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
8. Why are the locals making a mattress?
9. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
10. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
This section contains 671 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)