|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
(a) Still depressed.
(c) More cheerful.
2. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
(a) Dances with Clym.
(b) Watch from her window.
(c) Swings around the maypole.
(d) Dances with Diggory.
3. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(b) Flying on her broomstick.
(c) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
(d) Spying the Vye household.
4. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is in danger.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He is feeling guilty.
(d) To try to avoid detection.
5. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
(b) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
(c) Tell her son how she feels.
(d) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who survives?
2. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
3. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
4. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
5. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. What takes place near Thomasin's house?
2. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
3. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
4. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
5. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
6. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
7. Why does Clym become a preacher?
8. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
9. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
10. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
This section contains 600 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)