|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(c) Captain Vye.
2. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
(a) Diggory is building a home in town.
(b) Rachel borrowed Thomasin's gloves.
(c) Diggory is leaving in the morning.
(d) Diggory is in love with Rachel.
3. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
(a) She is nervous around him.
(b) She finds him less attractive.
(c) He is like a stranger to her.
(d) He is now a suitable match.
4. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) She is having difficulties with her husband.
(d) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
5. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Paris on her own.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) Back to her grandfather's home.
(d) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
2. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
3. Who arrives at Blooms-End?
4. What does Clym give of Eustacia's?
5. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
2. What has happened to Mrs. Yeobright?
3. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
4. Why are the locals making a mattress?
5. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
6. Why does Clym become a preacher?
7. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
8. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
9. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
10. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
This section contains 630 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)