|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
(a) She asks him to marry her first.
(b) She says she is moving to Paris.
(c) She tells him she does not love him.
(d) She asks if it would be proper for her to marry Diggory.
2. Who does Clym find?
(b) Captain Vye.
3. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is feeling guilty.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He is in danger.
(d) To try to avoid detection.
4. Where is Clym waiting?
(a) At his home.
(b) Outside the Vye home.
(c) At Blooms-End.
(d) At the inn.
5. Who survives?
(a) Clym and Diggory.
(b) Clym and Damon.
(c) Eustacia and Damon.
(d) Eustacia and Diggory.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Clym become?
2. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
3. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
4. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
5. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
2. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
3. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
4. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
5. What has happened to Mrs. Yeobright?
6. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
7. What happens to Clym's letter?
8. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
9. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
10. How does the fire act as a signal?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)