|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Thomasin wistfully ask Diggory?
(a) If he still loves her.
(b) Why she married Damon.
(c) What she should do about her husband.
(d) If he knows a way to keep her husband home in the evenings.
2. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is now a dairy farmer.
(b) He is a businessman in London.
(c) He is a physician.
(d) He is a lawyer.
3. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Sam and Humphrey.
(b) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(c) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(d) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
4. Why does Eustacia not read Clym's letter?
(a) Captain Vye hides it.
(b) She does not want to hear from him.
(c) The letter falls on the floor, and she does not see it.
(d) It arrives after she is already in bed.
5. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
(b) Captain Vye.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they both hear?
2. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
3. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
4. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
5. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the locals making a mattress?
2. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
3. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
4. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
5. What happens in the water in the dam?
6. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
7. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
8. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
9. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
10. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
This section contains 721 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)