|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who survives?
(a) Clym and Damon.
(b) Eustacia and Diggory.
(c) Eustacia and Damon.
(d) Clym and Diggory.
2. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
3. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
(a) Swings around the maypole.
(b) Watch from her window.
(c) Dances with Clym.
(d) Dances with Diggory.
4. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
(a) She tells her she is a poor excuse for a wife.
(b) She tells her she is an awful cook.
(c) She believes Eustacia has Clym's money.
(d) She believes Eustacia has a new lover.
5. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
(a) Flying on her broomstick.
(b) Creating a voo doo doll of Eustacia.
(c) Taking care of her sick son, Johnny.
(d) Spying the Vye household.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
2. Where do the newlyweds go?
3. Why are the locals working on this?
4. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
5. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
Short Essay Questions
1. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
2. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
3. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
4. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
5. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
6. What takes place at Blooms-End?
7. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
8. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
9. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
10. Why are the locals making a mattress?
This section contains 657 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)