|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the date of the bonfire?
(a) November 31.
(b) December 5.
(c) October 31.
(d) November 5.
2. What is happening to Eustacia?
(a) She is drowning.
(b) She is being trampled by a herd of cattle.
(c) She is running away.
(d) She is falling off a cliff.
3. How do Thomasin and Diggory run into one another?
(a) At a dance.
(b) On a walk.
(c) At his home.
(d) At Rainbarrow.
4. What is taking place at the same time Diggory is talking to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Clym and Eustacia are discussing their marriage.
(b) Clym is telling Eustacia about wanting to reconcile with his mother.
(c) Clym is telling Eustacia how upset he is with his mother.
(d) Thomasin is talking to Clym about reconciling with his mother.
5. What does Clym do with his new career?
(a) Lecture about moral matters.
(b) Educate young children.
(c) Move to Rome.
(d) Manage the town.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
2. Meanwhile, what is Susan Nunsuch doing?
3. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
4. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
5. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
2. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
3. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
4. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
5. How does the fire act as a signal?
6. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
7. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
8. What takes place near Thomasin's house?
9. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
10. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
This section contains 718 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)