|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With spooky lights.
(b) With noises.
(c) With threats.
(d) With scary stories.
2. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He leaves Eustacia.
(b) He moves back to Paris.
(c) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(d) He works as a reddleman.
3. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If he will help her divorce Clym.
(b) If she may keep house for him.
(c) If she may stay in her old room.
(d) If she and Clym may move in with him.
4. How do Thomasin and Diggory run into one another?
(a) On a walk.
(b) At his home.
(c) At Rainbarrow.
(d) At a dance.
5. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
(a) He is in love with Rachel.
(b) He is no longer interested in her.
(c) His tenderness is for her.
(d) He is moving to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the date of the bonfire?
2. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
3. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
4. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
5. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
2. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
3. Why are the locals making a mattress?
4. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
5. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
6. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
7. What conversations lead to Clym learning about the day of his mother's death?
8. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
9. What happens to Clym's letter?
10. What happens in the water in the dam?
This section contains 719 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)