|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Five years.
(b) Ten years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Two years.
2. What does Clym do with his new career?
(a) Lecture about moral matters.
(b) Manage the town.
(c) Educate young children.
(d) Move to Rome.
3. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
(a) Thomasin and Mrs. Yeobright.
(b) Diggory Venn and Clym.
(c) Sam and Humphrey.
(d) Susan and Johnny Nonsuch.
4. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
(a) He is out of town.
(b) He does not feel well enough in spirits.
(c) He does not approve of the match.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
5. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
(a) Eustacia confesses.
(b) Christian Cantle tells him everything.
(c) Venn tells him everything.
(d) Through several conversations.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what is Eustacia referring when she says Damon is not a "great" enough man?
2. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
3. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
4. Where does Clym go?
5. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
2. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
3. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
4. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
5. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
6. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
7. How does the fire act as a signal?
8. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
9. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
10. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)