|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When are Eustacia and Wildeve's feeling rekindled?
(a) As they dance.
(b) At the beverage table.
(c) While watching others dance.
(d) On the walk home after the dance.
2. What career change has Diggory made?
(a) He is now a dairy farmer.
(b) He is a physician.
(c) He is a lawyer.
(d) He is a businessman in London.
3. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
(a) He hates Eustacia.
(b) He was asleep at the time his mother arrived.
(c) He is angry.
(d) It was her fault.
4. To what does Christian confess?
(a) Giving it all the Thomasin.
(b) Losing the money gambling to Wildeve.
(c) Stealing the money.
(d) Spending the money.
5. How does she find some rest?
(a) At a nearby cottage.
(b) In the inn.
(c) In the shade of a tree.
(d) By a stream.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
2. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
3. What does Clym become?
4. Who do Eustacia and Wildeve see as they walk back to the heath?
5. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why are the locals making a mattress?
2. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
3. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
4. Why is Clym concerned that Thomasin is falling in love with him?
5. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
6. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
7. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
8. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
9. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
10. How does the fire act as a signal?
This section contains 632 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)