|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With spooky lights.
(b) With noises.
(c) With threats.
(d) With scary stories.
2. What does Diggory want to erect?
(a) A town square.
(b) A home.
(c) A monument in Eustacia's honor.
(d) A maypole.
3. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
(b) She does not love Clym.
(c) She is in love with Damon.
(d) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
4. Why does Clym ask Thomasin to marry him?
(a) It is what Eustacia would have wanted.
(b) Thomasin loves him.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) Out of a sense of duty.
5. For whom is Thomasin caretaking?
(a) Eustacia's grandfather.
(b) Her daughter.
(c) Her son.
(d) Her nephew.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arrives to help?
2. Why has the passion between Clym and Eustacia faded?
3. About what is Clym concerned?
4. What is taking place at the same time Diggory is talking to Mrs. Yeobright?
5. Who feels responsible for the entire tragedy?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)