|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym react when he realizes Eustacia is to blame for his mother's death?
(a) He is enraged.
(b) He is depressed.
(c) He is shocked.
(d) He is disappointed.
2. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Damonia Thomasin.
(b) Clymeria Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia Clementine.
(d) Eustacia Mae.
3. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He loves Thomasin.
(b) He is leaving for Paris.
(c) He is still in love with Eustacia.
(d) He no longer loves Eustacia.
4. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(b) She is having difficulties with her husband.
(c) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(d) She is in love with him.
5. Where do the newlyweds go?
(a) To Blooms-End.
(b) To Paris.
(c) To Rainbarrow.
(d) Back to Diggory's home.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Yeobright offend Eustacia.
2. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
3. Why is Clym singing?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
5. Who survives?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
3. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
4. What takes place near Thomasin's house?
5. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
6. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
7. How does Clym feel about his new job?
8. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
9. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
10. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
This section contains 620 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)