|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) He is in danger.
(b) To try to avoid detection.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He is feeling guilty.
2. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He says nothing.
(b) He cries.
(c) He becomes agitated.
(d) He becomes shy
3. What does Clym admit to Thomasin?
(a) He is leaving for Paris.
(b) He no longer loves Eustacia.
(c) He is still in love with Eustacia.
(d) He loves Thomasin.
4. What does Thomasin do during the dance?
(a) Watch from her window.
(b) Swings around the maypole.
(c) Dances with Diggory.
(d) Dances with Clym.
5. What is significant about the bonfire night?
(a) It is one year since the narrative started.
(b) Bonfire nights are part of the heath tradition.
(c) Bonfire nights are scary.
(d) Eustacia becomes a witch on bonfire nights.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
2. Who arrives to help?
3. How does Clym react to the news about Eustacia?
4. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
5. Why is Thomasin now attracted to Diggory?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
2. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
3. What takes place near Thomasin's house?
4. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
5. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
6. What happens to Clym's letter?
7. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
8. What conversations lead to Clym learning about the day of his mother's death?
9. What takes place at Blooms-End?
10. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)