|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(b) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(c) Eustacia's infidelity.
(d) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
2. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
(a) He leaves Eustacia.
(b) He becomes a furze-cutter.
(c) He moves back to Paris.
(d) He works as a reddleman.
3. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Two years.
(c) Seven years.
(d) Five years.
4. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
(a) She is gives him the signal.
(b) She goes to meet him at the inn.
(c) She calls him.
(d) She cries out to him.
5. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) To try to avoid detection.
(b) He is in danger.
(c) He is not interested in her.
(d) He is feeling guilty.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
2. What does Clym do with his new career?
3. How does Thomasin surprise Clym?
4. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
5. Why are the locals working on this?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
2. What happens to Clym's letter?
3. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
4. Why is Thomasin worried about marrying Diggory? How is it resolved?
5. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
6. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
7. Why do Mrs. Yeobright and Eustacia exchange angry words?
8. What intrigues Thomasin about Diggory?
9. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
10. What happens in the water in the dam?
This section contains 703 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)