|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Venn try to scare Damon?
(a) With threats.
(b) With noises.
(c) With scary stories.
(d) With spooky lights.
2. What is Mrs. Yeobright resolved to do?
(a) Tell Thomasin to leave Wildeve.
(b) Reconcile with her son and daughter-in-law.
(c) Break up her son and Eustacia's marriage.
(d) Tell her son how she feels.
3. Who helps Thomasin to the inn?
(a) Johnny Nunsuch.
(b) Clym Yeobright.
(c) Damon Wildeve.
(d) Diggory Venn.
4. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
(a) He is now a suitable match.
(b) He is like a stranger to her.
(c) She finds him less attractive.
(d) She is nervous around him.
5. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If she may keep house for him.
(b) If she may stay in her old room.
(c) If she and Clym may move in with him.
(d) If he will help her divorce Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
2. Why are the locals working on this?
3. Why does Clym blame Eustacia completely for his mother's death?
4. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
5. What is happening to Eustacia?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
2. How does Clym feel about his new job?
3. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
4. What takes place at Blooms-End?
5. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
6. What has happened to Mrs. Yeobright?
7. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
8. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
9. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
10. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
This section contains 631 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)