|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve withdraw from Eustacia?
(a) To try to avoid detection.
(b) He is not interested in her.
(c) He is feeling guilty.
(d) He is in danger.
2. What is significant about the bonfire night?
(a) It is one year since the narrative started.
(b) Eustacia becomes a witch on bonfire nights.
(c) Bonfire nights are part of the heath tradition.
(d) Bonfire nights are scary.
3. How many years later is it when Diggory Venn comes to visit?
(a) Ten years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Two years.
(d) Seven years.
4. Who helps Thomasin to the inn?
(a) Diggory Venn.
(b) Clym Yeobright.
(c) Johnny Nunsuch.
(d) Damon Wildeve.
5. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
(a) He does not want to see Thomasin leave the heath.
(b) He is not sure Diggory loves Thomasin.
(c) His mother did not approve of Diggory as a match.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Charley hide Captain Vye's pistols?
2. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
3. What does Clym do when he stops studying?
4. How is Thomasin when Diggory comes to visit?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright decide to do the next day?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Clym write a letter to Eustacia?
2. What conversations lead to Clym learning about the day of his mother's death?
3. How is Clym feeling after he learns of his wife's true feelings?
4. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
5. What does Thomasin learn from Rachel?
6. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money she sent him on his wedding day?
7. What happens in the water in the dam?
8. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
9. What has happened to Mrs. Yeobright?
10. How does Clym feel about his new job?
This section contains 693 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)