|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what is Clym concerned?
(a) That he is falling in love with Thomasin.
(b) That Diggory is not in love with Thomasin.
(c) That Thomasin will leave him.
(d) That Thomasin is falling in love with Clym.
2. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
(a) For him to go to Paris first.
(b) For them to run away together.
(c) For him to murder Clym.
(d) For her to leave for Paris.
3. What does Damon do when Thomasin questions him about his whereabouts?
(a) He cries.
(b) He becomes agitated.
(c) He becomes shy
(d) He says nothing.
4. Why must Mrs. Yeobright cross the heath?
(a) To get to Thomasin's home.
(b) To get to Clym's home.
(c) To get back to her home.
(d) To get to the inn.
5. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) She does not know how to dance.
(b) Her husband is not there.
(c) She does not know anyone.
(d) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
Short Answer Questions
1. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
2. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
3. What does Diggory want to erect?
4. Who does Eustacia encounter?
5. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why do Thomasin and Clym live in the same home but lead separate lives?
2. What happens at the local outdoor dance?
3. How does the fire act as a signal?
4. Why is Mrs. Yeobright shocked?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
6. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
7. How does Eustacia react when Clym confronts her?
8. What happens in the water in the dam?
9. How does Charley care for Eustacia?
10. Why are the locals making a mattress?
This section contains 665 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)