|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diggory deduce?
(a) Thomasin misses her husband.
(b) Eustacia is unhappy.
(c) Eustacia is still in love with Clym.
(d) The man he sees with Eustacia is Wildeve.
2. Who had visited Mrs. Yeobright the night before she died?
3. Who does Eustacia encounter?
4. Why is Diggory's skin no longer red?
(a) He has left the reddleman business.
(b) The red dye no longer stains.
(c) He has found a strong soap.
(d) The dye is now clear.
5. Who does Clym find waiting?
(a) Captain Vye.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who took care of Eustacia in her final days?
2. Where do the newlyweds go?
3. Why does Clym not attend the wedding?
4. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
5. What plan do Eustacia and Wildeve concoct?
Short Essay Questions
1. What has happened to Mrs. Yeobright?
2. What takes place during Clym's nap before going back to work?
3. How has Diggory changed upon his return to the heath two years later?
4. Why does Mrs. Yeobright have a difficult time getting to Clym's home?
5. How are Clym and Thomasin's suspicions similar?
6. What happens to Clym's letter?
7. What is Susan Nunsuch doing?
8. Why is Mrs. Yeobright never let in the house?
9. What happens in the water in the dam?
10. What takes place at Blooms-End?
This section contains 668 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)