|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) It is her favorite play.
(b) She wants to be the center of attention.
(c) She loves to act.
(d) So she may see Clym.
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(b) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) Clym is in the play.
3. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) Back to her grandfather's home.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(d) To Paris on her own.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(b) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(c) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(d) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
5. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(b) She seems unique.
(c) He has loved her since grade school.
(d) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
2. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
3. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
4. What career change has Diggory made?
5. Why are the locals working on this?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)