|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the newlyweds go?
(a) To Blooms-End.
(b) To Rainbarrow.
(c) To Paris.
(d) Back to Diggory's home.
2. Why is Eustacia uncomfortable about joining a group?
(a) Her husband is not there.
(b) She does not know anyone.
(c) She cannot find the woman who invited her.
(d) She does not know how to dance.
3. Where does Eustacia allow herself to go?
(a) To Paris on her own.
(b) The local outdoor dance.
(c) To Mrs. Yeobright for advice.
(d) Back to her grandfather's home.
4. What do they both hear?
(a) A noise, as if somebody has fallen in the water in the dam.
(b) A noise, like an owl crying in the night.
(c) A noise, like a lightning crash.
(d) A noise, like a gust of wind.
5. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
(a) She seems unique.
(b) He is intrigued by the mention of her beauty.
(c) He is angry with her about her treatment of Thomasin.
(d) He has loved her since grade school.
Short Answer Questions
1. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
2. Why does Clym never thank his mother for the inheritance money?
3. Who is the furze-cutter Mrs. Yeobright sees?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
5. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)