|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does Eustacia admit during her argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) She is in love with Damon.
(b) Nothing could ever have stopped her from marrying Clym.
(c) She does not love Clym.
(d) She would never have married Clym, if she had known he was staying in the heath.
2. What does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to mention to Clym?
(a) Her move to Paris.
(b) Her lost inheritance.
(c) Her uncertain marriage to Wildeve.
(d) How much she misses him.
3. Why is Clym singing?
(a) He has found a job as a singing telegram.
(b) He loves to sing.
(c) It is Eustacia's favorite song.
(d) He is content with working as a furze-cutter.
4. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to stop the wedding.
(b) He is annoyed with Christian.
(c) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
5. What happens when Thomasin visits Clym?
(a) She says how much she detests Eustacia.
(b) She tells him she loves him.
(c) She finds out Eustacia is leaving him.
(d) She gives him his portion of the inheritance.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Christian stop on the way to the wedding?
2. Where is Clym waiting?
3. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
4. Which characters reach a happy conclusion?
5. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
This section contains 266 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)