|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia ask her grandfather?
(a) If he will help her divorce Clym.
(b) If she may keep house for him.
(c) If she and Clym may move in with him.
(d) If she may stay in her old room.
2. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They end the engagement.
(b) They elope.
(c) They wait a couple of years to marry.
(d) They get married right away.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(b) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(c) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(d) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright reveal to Thomasin?
(a) Wildeve wants to marry her for her money.
(b) Wildeve is in love with Eustacia.
(c) She has mentioned to Wildeve that there is another suitor.
(d) Diggory Venn wants to marry her.
5. How does Diggory confirm his belief?
(a) He talks to Clym about his marriage.
(b) He goes to the inn to see if Wildeve had been there.
(c) He asks Eustacia how she is feeling.
(d) He goes to Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
2. What does Thomasin realize about Diggory?
3. How does Diggory's change of occupation affect his relationship with Thomasin?
4. How does Eustacia tell Damon she is ready to leave?
5. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)