|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(b) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(c) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
(d) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
2. Who does Clym find?
(c) Captain Vye.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(b) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(c) She is buying a new home.
(d) She is not sure when Clym will return.
4. About what does Diggory do when he talks to Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) The benefits of forgiving Clym and accepting his marriage to Eustacia.
(b) Clym's disintigrating marriage to Eustacia.
(c) Forgiving Clym for the mistake he has made in marrying Eustacia.
(d) Eustacia's infidelity.
5. What does Thomasin tell Clym?
(a) She is keeping his portion of the inheritance.
(b) What passed between his mother and his wife.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She is having difficulties with her husband.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
2. How is the location introduced?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
4. What is Rainbarrow?
5. Why is Diggory disappointed?
This section contains 326 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)