|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 6.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(b) He wants to see her.
(c) He wants to feel needed.
(d) He wants to be helpful.
2. Why are the locals working on this?
(a) It is a wedding gift for Thomasin and Diggory.
(b) They want to grow more crops.
(c) They are preparing for the next May Day.
(d) The store will bring travellers into town.
3. What has Eustacia forgotten in her rush?
(a) To say goodbye to her grandfather.
(b) Her bag.
(c) The letter from her husband.
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(b) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(c) The different location of the marriage license.
(d) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
5. How does Charley try to lift Eustacia's spirits?
(a) By bringing her husband over to apologize.
(b) By requesting Damon to come visit.
(c) By building her a bonfire.
(d) By holding her hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is Clym hesitant about Thomasin's question?
2. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
3. Who does Eustacia encounter?
4. For what is Christian gambling?
5. Why is this expected of him?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)