|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
(a) A job.
(b) Her inheritance money.
(c) A new home.
(d) A carriage.
2. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(b) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(c) Skipping school or class.
(d) Cutting sheep's wool.
3. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
(a) She loves Damon and wants to marry him as soon as possible.
(b) She knows her cousin does not approve of Damon.
(c) She wishes to preserve the dignity of her family at all costs.
(d) She steals her cousin's money to pay for the wedding.
4. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
(a) The inn.
(b) In the garden.
(c) At home.
(d) At Olly's home.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A swimning event.
(c) A funeral.
(d) An induction ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
2. Why is this expected of him?
3. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
5. What are Humphrey and Sam?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)