|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
(b) He wants to marry Eustacia.
(c) He is annoyed with Christian.
(d) He wants to stop the wedding.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(b) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(c) A note for Clym.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
3. Describe Damon and Thomasin's wedding.
(a) A large ceremony with many brides maids.
(b) A traditional ceremony with the town in attendance.
(c) The smallest of ceremonies with no attendant.
(d) A small ceremony performed at home.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(b) A saddle maker.
(c) A man who makes revolvers.
(d) A boat maker.
5. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(b) Thomasin still does not love him.
(c) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(d) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
2. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
3. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
4. What is expected of Clym?
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)