|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
(b) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(c) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(d) Clym is in the play.
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It has all taken on the same color.
(b) It is covered in gun powder.
(c) It is covered in wood shavings.
(d) It smells of leather and polish.
3. What is furze cutting?
(a) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(b) Skipping school or class.
(c) Cutting sheep's wool.
(d) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
4. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(b) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(c) Some of what he has heard.
(d) He tells her nothing.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(b) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(c) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(d) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
2. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
3. Why is this expected of him?
4. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
5. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
This section contains 306 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)