|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(b) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
(c) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(d) The suitor is Diggory.
2. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(b) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
(c) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(d) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
3. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A swimning event.
(b) A wedding.
(c) A funeral.
(d) An induction ceremony.
4. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(b) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(c) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
(d) She wants to marry him.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright give Christian?
(a) An apology letter for Eustacia.
(b) Thomasin's inheritance and fifty guineas for Clym.
(c) A letter stating she approves of the marriage.
(d) A note for Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
2. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
3. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
4. What is Eustacia doing?
5. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
This section contains 344 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)