|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
(a) The suitor is Diggory.
(b) Thomasin will be marrying Venn in two days.
(c) Wildeve has proposed to Eustacia.
(d) She is allowing Damon to marry Thomasin for her money.
2. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
(b) He hates Clym.
(c) He has to watch the inn.
(d) He is not feeling well.
3. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Visiting her uncle.
(b) Packing for a move to Paris.
(c) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(d) Plowing the field.
4. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
(a) Supposedly by coincidence.
(b) She tries to stop the wedding.
(c) To serve as a witness.
(d) She is Thomasin's maid of honor.
5. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
2. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
4. What does the gossiping group mention?
5. What is a mummery?
This section contains 302 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)