|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To have a party.
(b) To annoy the newlyweds.
(c) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(d) To speak with her about her new husband.
2. For what is Christian gambling?
(a) His life.
(b) Ownership of the inn.
(c) A piece of cloth.
(d) A piece of cake.
3. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(b) She wants to get married.
(c) She knows she will never find another man.
(d) She is in love with Clym.
4. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian is nervous.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian has poor luck.
(d) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
5. Why is Damon irritated?
(a) He wants to stop the wedding.
(b) He is annoyed with Christian.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright does not trust him with Thomasin's money.
(d) He wants to marry Eustacia.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
2. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
3. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
4. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
5. How is the location introduced?
This section contains 308 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)