|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) Thomasin has taken his money.
(b) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(c) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(d) Thomasin has married Damon.
2. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
3. Why does Clym join the group to help get the bucket out of Eustacia's well?
(a) He wants to meet her grandfather.
(b) He wants to see her.
(c) He wants to be helpful.
(d) He wants to feel needed.
4. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
(a) He no longer loves Thomasin.
(b) She has grown more beautiful.
(c) She agrees to meet with him secretly.
(d) She belongs to another.
5. How is the location introduced?
(a) As a small village in Italy.
(b) As almost a character itself.
(c) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(d) Very vaguely.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
2. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
3. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
4. Why does the marriage not take place?
5. How does Clym perceive her?
This section contains 319 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)