|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A small cottage.
(b) A lone pine tree.
(c) A wolf.
(d) A lone female figure.
2. What is furze cutting?
(a) Trimming the tops of fir trees.
(b) Skipping school or class.
(c) Cutting a rough, grassy shrub.
(d) Cutting sheep's wool.
3. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(c) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(d) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
4. What are Humphrey and Sam?
5. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
(a) She is no longer willing to continue their secret meetings.
(b) She wants to marry him.
(c) She hopes that even when he is married, he will secretly meet her.
(d) She hates Damon and hopes he marries Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
3. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
4. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
5. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
This section contains 294 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)