|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Clym's mother react when he tells her about his plans?
(a) She is stunned and agitated.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is pleasantly surprised.
(d) She is very excited.
2. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) They are cousins.
(c) She is kind.
(d) They live in the same house.
3. Why is this expected of him?
(a) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(b) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(c) He is not intelligent.
(d) His mother wants grandchildren.
4. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He has to watch the inn.
(b) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
(c) He is not feeling well.
(d) He hates Clym.
5. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Learning how to cast spells.
(b) Sleeping by the fire.
(c) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
3. What is to have taken place that day?
4. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)