|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Learning how to cast spells.
(b) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(c) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
2. Where is Mrs. Yeobright when she hears the news about Clym and Eustacia?
(a) At home.
(b) The inn.
(c) At Olly's home.
(d) In the garden.
3. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian is nervous.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(d) Christian has poor luck.
4. Why does Thomasin not want Mrs. Yeobright to tell Clym what has taken place?
(a) Thomasin wants to talk to Clym herself.
(b) Thomasin wants to marry Clym.
(c) Thomasin does not want Clym to ever know.
(d) Thomasin wants Damon to speak with Clym.
5. Why is this expected of him?
(a) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
(b) He is not intelligent.
(c) His mother wants grandchildren.
(d) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a mummery?
2. What is Rainbarrow?
3. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
5. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
This section contains 287 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)