|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He is a kind man.
2. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
(a) He is noticing her.
(b) He is not as attractive as she remembered.
(c) He is smiling and energetic.
(d) He is handsome, but something about him is not entirely at ease.
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(b) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(c) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(d) They both want to purchase the same home.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who makes revolvers.
(b) A saddle maker.
(c) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(d) A boat maker.
5. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian has poor luck.
(b) Christian is nervous.
(c) Damon is very intelligent.
(d) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
2. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
3. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
4. Why does Thomasin marry Damon while her cousin is away?
5. For what is Christian gambling?
This section contains 331 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)