|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
(a) She loves to act.
(b) She wants to be the center of attention.
(c) So she may see Clym.
(d) It is her favorite play.
2. Why does Clym spend many hours reading?
(a) He is studying to become a teacher.
(b) He is still learning to read.
(c) He loves to read.
(d) He has nothing better to do.
3. How does Clym perceive her?
(a) As a woman he used to know.
(b) As a woman disguised as a man.
(c) As a nuisance.
(d) As a beautiful goddess.
4. Who is supervising the furze cutters' work?
(a) Diggory Venn.
(b) Captain Vye.
(c) Eustacia Vye.
(d) Damon Wildeve.
5. Why is Damon able to take advantage of Christian?
(a) Christian is nervous.
(b) Damon is very intelligent.
(c) Christian is encouraged by his good luck.
(d) Christian has poor luck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What are the contents of the letter Eustacia has Diggory deliver to Damon?
2. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
3. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
4. What is a group of people doing?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)