|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do some of the locals notice about Clym?
(a) He seems unhappy.
(b) He wants to marry.
(c) He has spent more time than usual visiting.
(d) He misses Paris.
2. What tale does Clym learn while visiting a friend?
(a) His cousin, Thomasin, is jilted on her wedding day.
(b) Thomasin is secretly in love with Diggory.
(c) Thomasin has taken his money.
(d) Thomasin has married Damon.
3. What do Sam and Humphrey say about Clym?
(a) They hope he will stay in the heath for awhile and teach them French.
(b) They mention his work, his ability to speak French, and the glamorous life he leads in Paris.
(c) He is rude, unkind, and egotistical.
(d) He is the best furze-cutter they know.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(b) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(c) She is buying a new home.
(d) She still does not approve of the marriage.
5. Why does Eustacia accept Clym's marriage proposal?
(a) She wants to get married.
(b) She is sure Clym will take her to Paris.
(c) She knows she will never find another man.
(d) She is in love with Clym.
Short Answer Questions
1. At what will a group of local boys perform a play?
2. What is a group of people doing?
3. What is expected of Clym?
4. How does Clym perceive her?
5. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)