|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A small cottage.
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is in love with her.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He considers her a friend.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
3. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(b) Packing for a move to Paris.
(c) Plowing the field.
(d) Visiting her uncle.
4. Why does Eustacia worry about Clym falling in love with Thomasin?
(a) She is beautiful.
(b) She is kind.
(c) They live in the same house.
(d) They are cousins.
5. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Sleeping by the fire.
(b) Learning how to cast spells.
(c) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(d) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Mrs. Yeobright feel about Clym's relationship with Eustacia?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
5. Why is Damon irritated?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)