|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is Diggory disappointed?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright is preventing him from marrying Thomasin.
(b) He and Damon race to Thomasin, and Damon arrives first and has already secured her hand.
(c) Damon will not marry Thomasin.
(d) Thomasin still does not love him.
2. What is a mummery?
(a) A female mummy.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(d) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
3. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
(a) His mother has always made all his decisions.
(b) He has never done anything of significance before.
(c) He loves working in Paris.
(d) He is not fully enjoying his life.
4. Why does Damon say he is confused?
(a) He is not sure how he feels about Thomasin.
(b) He believes Diggory is set to marry Thomasin.
(c) He is not sure how he feels about Eustacia.
(d) He has fallen down and bumped his head.
5. How do Clym and Eustacia meet face-to-face?
(a) Clym is in the play.
(b) They both decide to step outside for some air after the play.
(c) Clym recognizes her and pulls her off the stage.
(d) Eustacia falls off the stage onto Clym's lap.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is furze cutting?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
3. For what is Christian gambling?
4. For what are Mrs. Yeobright and Thomasin preparing?
5. Why does Mrs. Yeobright say Clym is no longer allowed in her house?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)