|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) Damon wins the money.
(b) He is lost.
(c) He is late to the wedding.
(d) He has lost the money in the creek.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(b) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(c) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(d) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
3. What is expected of Clym?
(a) Great things.
(b) To be a family man.
(c) Not much.
(d) To settle at Egdon Heath.
4. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
(a) The furze-cutters tell her she would make a good furze-cutter.
(b) The two furze-cutters think Clym and Eustacia seem to be two of a kind.
(c) Clym says he thinks she is beautiful.
(d) The furze-cutters tell her she is is attractive.
5. What has Susan Nonsuch done to Eustacia?
(a) Blackmailed her.
(b) Shot her in the side.
(c) Stabbed her in the side with a needle.
(d) Burned her home down.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
2. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
3. Why does Eustacia want to be in the play?
4. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
This section contains 293 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)