|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
(a) He is not feeling well.
(b) He is unsure how he would react to seeing her wed.
(c) He hates Clym.
(d) He has to watch the inn.
2. Why does Eustacia constantly go out on walks?
(a) She loves to exercise.
(b) To try to run into Clym.
(c) She hopes to run into Thomasin.
(d) She enjoys being outdoors.
3. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) He is lost.
(b) He has lost the money in the creek.
(c) Damon wins the money.
(d) He is late to the wedding.
4. What is the object of Eustacia's obsession?
5. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They elope.
(b) They get married right away.
(c) They end the engagement.
(d) They wait a couple of years to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
2. How are Eustacia's fantasies fueled?
3. What is Rainbarrow?
4. Why is Clym deeply resolved to do something significant on his own terms?
5. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
This section contains 274 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)