|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(b) Learning how to cast spells.
(c) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(b) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(c) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
(d) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
3. What is the "article" Wildeve comes to collect from Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Her jewelry.
(b) Baby clothes.
(c) Her clothing.
(d) Thomasin's inheritance.
4. Why does Christian leave the inn in despair?
(a) Damon wins the money.
(b) He has lost the money in the creek.
(c) He is lost.
(d) He is late to the wedding.
5. What does Eustacia convince a local boy to do?
(a) Hold her hand.
(b) Lend her his disguise.
(c) Tell Clym she is available.
(d) Sit by her at the play.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia notice about Clym?
2. Why is Eustacia at the wedding?
3. Who is Christian Cantle?
4. For what does the boy ask in exchange?
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright keep from Thomasin?
This section contains 289 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)