|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does hearing Clym's voice do to Eustacia?
(a) It annoys her and makes her realize she loves Damon.
(b) It make her anxious and nervous to meet Clym.
(c) It sets her off in a state of excitement based on her fantasy of him.
(d) It makes her doubt her love for him.
2. What is a mummery?
(a) A place where nuns live.
(b) A female mummy.
(c) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(d) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
3. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Create a Maypole.
(b) Build large bonfires.
(c) Perform plays.
(d) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
4. Why is Thomasin having a difficult time?
(a) She does not like Eustacia.
(b) She does not love her husband.
(c) She worries about Clym.
(d) Her husband will not give her any spending money.
5. Why is this expected of him?
(a) Everyone settles down at Egdon Heath.
(b) He is not intelligent.
(c) His mother wants grandchildren.
(d) His physical beauty and many advantages in life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Thomasin she will give her?
2. Why does Wildeve say he cannot attend Eustacia's wedding?
3. Why does Diggory hide?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
5. What is to have taken place that day?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)