|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) She does not love him at all.
(b) She will love him forever.
(c) It does not run deep.
(d) It is very strong.
2. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The highest point in the heath.
(b) The name of the inn.
(c) Thomasin's last name.
(d) The town.
3. How is the location introduced?
(a) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(b) As almost a character itself.
(c) As a small village in Italy.
(d) Very vaguely.
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(b) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
(c) Marry Wildeve.
(d) Run away to Paris.
5. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is in love with Thomasin.
(b) He is not leaving the heath.
(c) She views him as someone else's second best.
(d) He is unattractive.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is to have taken place that day?
2. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
3. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 275 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)