|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in an orphanage.
(b) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(c) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(d) She is left to raise herself.
2. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(b) Edgon Heath.
3. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(b) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(c) He hears a caravan going by.
(d) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
4. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) The town.
(b) The highest point in the heath.
(c) The name of the inn.
(d) Thomasin's last name.
5. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(b) Some of what he has heard.
(c) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(d) He tells her nothing.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
4. How is the location introduced?
5. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
This section contains 322 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)