|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left in an orphanage.
(b) She is left to raise herself.
(c) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(d) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She celebrates.
(b) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(c) She shrugs and walks home.
(d) She fights with Damon.
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The beautiful white moon.
(b) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
(c) The beautiful Eustacia.
(d) The furze-cutting business.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(b) A boat maker.
(c) A saddle maker.
(d) A man who makes revolvers.
5. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) He tells her nothing.
(b) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(c) Some of what he has heard.
(d) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
2. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
3. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
4. What is Eustacia doing?
5. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
This section contains 324 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)