|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To have a party.
(b) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(c) To speak with her about her new husband.
(d) To annoy the newlyweds.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(b) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(c) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(d) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(b) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) They have been enemies their entire lives.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A boat maker.
(b) A man who makes revolvers.
(c) A saddle maker.
(d) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
5. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Mourning the death of the Captain.
(b) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(c) Sleeping on small cots.
(d) Reading traditional books.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gossiping group mention?
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
3. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
4. What is Rainbarrow?
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)