|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
(b) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(c) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(d) The different location of the marriage license.
2. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) Thomasin's last name.
(b) The highest point in the heath.
(c) The name of the inn.
(d) The town.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(b) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(c) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(d) She is buying a new home.
4. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is embarrassed for her.
(d) He is a kind man.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) An induction ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
3. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
This section contains 320 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)