|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(b) Learning how to cast spells.
(c) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He considers her a friend.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He is a kind man.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
3. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The beautiful Eustacia.
(b) The furze-cutting business.
(c) The beautiful white moon.
(d) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Marry Wildeve.
(b) Run away to Paris.
(c) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
(d) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone female figure.
(b) A lone pine tree.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A wolf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
2. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
3. Why does Diggory hide?
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)