|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A small cottage.
2. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(b) Packing for a move to Paris.
(c) Visiting her uncle.
(d) Plowing the field.
3. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is unattractive.
(b) She views him as someone else's second best.
(c) He is not leaving the heath.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
4. What does the gossiping group mention?
(a) The beautiful white moon.
(b) The beautiful Eustacia.
(c) The furze-cutting business.
(d) That the aunt and guardian does not approve of the union.
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(b) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(c) They both want to purchase the same home.
(d) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reddleman?
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
This section contains 291 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)