|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(b) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(c) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(d) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
2. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(c) Edgon Heath.
3. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Some of what he has heard.
(b) He tells her nothing.
(c) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(d) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It is covered in gun powder.
(b) It smells of leather and polish.
(c) It is covered in wood shavings.
(d) It has all taken on the same color.
5. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Run away to Paris.
(b) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(c) Marry Wildeve.
(d) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
2. What is Rainbarrow?
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
This section contains 317 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)