|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) Some of what he has heard.
(b) He tells her he no longer wants to marry Thomasin.
(c) All that he has heard and that his offer of marriage still stands.
(d) He tells her nothing.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(b) She is buying a new home.
(c) She is not sure when Clym will return.
(d) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
3. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A swimning event.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A wedding.
(d) An induction ceremony.
4. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To have a party.
(b) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(c) To annoy the newlyweds.
(d) To speak with her about her new husband.
5. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
(b) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(c) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(d) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
2. Why does Diggory hide?
3. What is a reddleman?
4. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
5. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)