|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) She views him as someone else's second best.
(b) He is in love with Thomasin.
(c) He is not leaving the heath.
(d) He is unattractive.
2. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(b) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(c) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(d) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
3. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
(a) Urge Wildeve to follow through with his marriage promise.
(b) Run away to Paris.
(c) Marry Wildeve.
(d) Tell Thomasin how awful Wildeve is.
4. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(c) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(d) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
5. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She celebrates.
(b) She fights with Damon.
(c) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(d) She shrugs and walks home.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
2. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
3. What is a reddleman?
4. What is Rainbarrow?
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
This section contains 295 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)