|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Visiting her uncle.
(b) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(c) Plowing the field.
(d) Packing for a move to Paris.
2. How is the location introduced?
(a) As almost a character itself.
(b) Very vaguely.
(c) As a small village in Italy.
(d) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
3. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who makes revolvers.
(b) A saddle maker.
(c) A boat maker.
(d) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
4. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To have a party.
(b) To annoy the newlyweds.
(c) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(d) To speak with her about her new husband.
5. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(b) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(c) Sleeping by the fire.
(d) Learning how to cast spells.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
2. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
3. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
5. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
This section contains 315 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)