|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(b) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(c) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(d) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
2. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
(a) The lack of Mrs. Yeobright's approval.
(b) The different location of the marriage license.
(c) The new priest performing the ceremony.
(d) The loss of the rings for the marriage.
3. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A small cottage.
(c) A lone female figure.
(d) A wolf.
4. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) He is embarrassed for her.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He considers her a friend.
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) She will love him forever.
(b) She does not love him at all.
(c) It is very strong.
(d) It does not run deep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Rainbarrow?
2. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
3. What is a group of people doing?
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
5. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)