|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How is the location introduced?
(a) As a small village in Italy.
(b) Very vaguely.
(c) As almost a character itself.
(d) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
(c) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(d) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(b) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(c) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
4. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) She will love him forever.
(b) It is very strong.
(c) It does not run deep.
(d) She does not love him at all.
5. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(b) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(c) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
(d) He hears a caravan going by.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is a reddleman?
2. What is a group of people doing?
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
5. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)