|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Diggory hide?
(a) To avoid speaking to little Johnny.
(b) He hears a caravan going by.
(c) To listen to Eustacia and Wildeve's conversation.
(d) He does not want Thomasin to catch him.
2. What is Rainbarrow?
(a) Thomasin's last name.
(b) The town.
(c) The highest point in the heath.
(d) The name of the inn.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
(b) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Sleeping by the fire.
4. How does Thomasin act kindly toward Venn?
(a) She visits frequently and brings fresh biscuits and jam.
(b) She accepts his marriage proposal, although she does not love him.
(c) She tutors him while they in school and stands up for him when he is teased.
(d) She turns down his marriage proposal in a kind letter, trying not to hurt his feelings.
5. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
(a) She is left to raise herself.
(b) She is left in the care of the Yeobrights.
(c) She is left in the care of her grandfather.
(d) She is left in an orphanage.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
2. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
3. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
4. What is to have taken place that day?
5. What does Venn encourage Eustacia to do?
This section contains 329 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)