|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a reddleman?
(a) A boat maker.
(b) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(c) A saddle maker.
(d) A man who makes revolvers.
2. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
(a) Perform plays.
(b) Create a Maypole.
(c) Build large bonfires.
(d) Sacrifice animals to the gods.
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
(a) She does not love him at all.
(b) It is very strong.
(c) It does not run deep.
(d) She will love him forever.
4. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It is covered in gun powder.
(b) It is covered in wood shavings.
(c) It has all taken on the same color.
(d) It smells of leather and polish.
5. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Olly Dowden as they walk?
(a) She still does not approve of the marriage.
(b) She is buying a new home.
(c) She changed her mind about her resistance to the marriage and gave her consent.
(d) She is not sure when Clym will return.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
2. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
5. What does the gossiping group mention?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)