|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) An induction ceremony.
(b) A swimning event.
(c) A wedding.
(d) A funeral.
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is embarrassed for her.
(b) He is a kind man.
(c) He is in love with her.
(d) He considers her a friend.
3. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
(a) Keeping lookout for Eustacia's lover.
(b) Sleeping by the fire.
(c) Learning how to cast spells.
(d) Keeping the fire going and listening for a frog to drop into the pond.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A boat maker.
(b) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(c) A saddle maker.
(d) A man who makes revolvers.
5. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Plowing the field.
(b) Visiting her uncle.
(c) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(d) Packing for a move to Paris.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
2. How is the location introduced?
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
4. What is Wildeve's supposed oversight?
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)