|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(b) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(c) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
(a) It smells of leather and polish.
(b) It has all taken on the same color.
(c) It is covered in gun powder.
(d) It is covered in wood shavings.
3. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
(a) He is not leaving the heath.
(b) She views him as someone else's second best.
(c) He is unattractive.
(d) He is in love with Thomasin.
4. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Packing for a move to Paris.
(b) Visiting her uncle.
(c) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(d) Plowing the field.
5. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone female figure.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A lone pine tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
3. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
4. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
5. How is the location introduced?
This section contains 303 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)