|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Eustacia doing?
(a) Plowing the field.
(b) Looking through a telescope in the direction of the inn.
(c) Packing for a move to Paris.
(d) Visiting her uncle.
2. How is the location introduced?
(a) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(b) Very vaguely.
(c) As almost a character itself.
(d) As a small village in Italy.
3. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) They both want to purchase the same home.
(b) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
(c) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(d) They have been enemies their entire lives.
4. What is a reddleman?
(a) A man who makes revolvers.
(b) A man who sells red dye to farmers.
(c) A boat maker.
(d) A saddle maker.
5. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(b) To speak with her about her new husband.
(c) To annoy the newlyweds.
(d) To have a party.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
2. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
3. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
5. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
This section contains 292 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)