|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(b) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(c) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
(d) To marry Thomasin quickly.
2. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(b) Edgon Heath.
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(c) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
4. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(b) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(c) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
(d) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
(a) Eustacia wants Wildeve to confess that he loves her more than his fiancee.
(b) They both want to purchase the same home.
(c) They have been enemies their entire lives.
(d) Wildeve wants Eustacia to confess her love for him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do people do on this day, according to local folklore?
2. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
3. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
4. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
5. What is a reddleman?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)