|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does "The Return of the Native" take place?
(c) Edgon Heath.
2. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) He is in love with her.
(c) He considers her a friend.
(d) He is embarrassed for her.
3. What is noticed on the highest point of the heath?
(a) A lone pine tree.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A small cottage.
(d) A lone female figure.
4. How is the location introduced?
(a) As almost a character itself.
(b) As a small village in Italy.
(c) As a beautiful tourist hideaway.
(d) Very vaguely.
5. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(b) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(c) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(d) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the gossiping group mention?
2. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
3. What does Eustacia think of Edgon Heath?
4. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
5. What does Eustacia admit about her love for Wildeve?
This section contains 299 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)