|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a group of people doing?
(a) Reading traditional books.
(b) Mourning the death of the Captain.
(c) Singing folk tunes and dancing.
(d) Sleeping on small cots.
2. About what is Mrs. Yeobright concerned?
(a) That the event will result in embarrassment for Thomasin and the whole family.
(b) Her niece is in love with her cousin.
(c) Her niece will be moving to Paris.
(d) Her niece is marrying a man she does not know.
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
(a) Thomasin decides she does not want to marry Damon.
(b) Mrs. Yeobright does not allow Thomasin to marry.
(c) They get lost on the way to the chapel.
(d) There is a difficulty with the marriage license.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(b) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(c) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(d) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
5. Why are the locals going to Thomasin's later?
(a) To speak with her about her new husband.
(b) To offer a song to the newlyweds.
(c) To have a party.
(d) To annoy the newlyweds.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Diggory Venn tell Mrs. Yeobright?
2. Why does Diggory hide?
3. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
4. Why does Eustacia temporarily lose interest in Wildeve?
5. What is a reddleman?
This section contains 327 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)