|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why is little Johnny afraid of Diggory Venn?
(a) Johnny stole something from Diggory Venn.
(b) Johnny thinks him to be an apparition.
(c) He has a secret he is not sure if he should tell.
(d) He is mean and loves to pick on little boys.
2. What does Thomasin do upon hearing of this difficulty?
(a) She celebrates.
(b) She shrugs and walks home.
(c) She becomes very agitated and runs away.
(d) She fights with Damon.
3. What does Mrs. Yeobright tell Wildeve?
(a) To marry Thomasin quickly.
(b) He has competition for Thomasin's hand.
(c) Diggory will marry Thomasin.
(d) He will not be marrying Thomasin.
4. Why does Venn vow to protect Thomasin's reputation?
(a) He is a kind man.
(b) He considers her a friend.
(c) He is embarrassed for her.
(d) He is in love with her.
5. What is to have taken place that day?
(a) A wedding.
(b) A funeral.
(c) A swimning event.
(d) An induction ceremony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when Eustacia's parents die when she is a little girl?
2. What has happened to the reddleman's skin and clothing?
3. Why does the marriage not take place?
4. What is the boy with Eustacia doing?
5. Why do Eustacia and Wildeve argue?
This section contains 339 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)