|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Book 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is a mummery?
(a) A room to sit in quietly and contemplate.
(b) A place where nuns live.
(c) A traditional play performed around Christmas time.
(d) A female mummy.
2. Where does Clym want to move when he becomes a teacher?
3. What does Thomasin name her baby girl?
(a) Clymeria Eustacia.
(b) Eustacia Mae.
(c) Eustacia Clementine.
(d) Damonia Thomasin.
4. What does Mrs. Yeobright refuse to do?
(a) Allow Clym to marry.
(b) Accept that Thomasin will be attending the wedding.
(c) Allow Clym to move out of her home.
(d) Attend Clym and Eustacia's wedding.
5. What does Clym suggest to Eustacia after his argument with Mrs. Yeobright?
(a) They end the engagement.
(b) They elope.
(c) They get married right away.
(d) They wait a couple of years to marry.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Clym realize what happened on the day of his mother's death?
2. What do they both hear?
3. Why does Clym want to meet Eustacia?
4. Why are Wildeve's passions for Eustacia renewed?
5. Who survives?
This section contains 265 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)