|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the first thing Merivel does when he moves into the mansion?
(a) He redecorates it.
(b) He sells off all the land.
(c) He builds a new wing.
(d) He builds a pool.
2. What does Merivel end up doing at the pub?
(a) Getting into a game of cards.
(b) Getting into a bar fight.
(c) Drinking until he passes out.
(d) Having sex with Meg.
3. How does Merivel feel about Celia?
(a) He likes her as a good friend.
(b) He doesn't like her.
(c) He likes her but barely knows her.
(d) He loves her.
4. How does Merivel feel about the loss of his dog?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He is sad.
(c) He doesn't care.
(d) He is angry.
5. To ahat does Merivel compare his stomach freckles?
Short Answer Questions
1. What reply does Merivel get from the King?
2. What does Merivel do after his wedding night is interrupted?
3. What does Merivel study in college?
4. Who does Merivel need to meet before he can court and marry Celia?
5. What age does Merivel turn at the beginning of Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Celia look like?
2. What does Merivel think of his first attempts at painting?
3. What is Merivel's job at the palace?
4. What does Merivel tell the King after drinking the tampered wine?
5. How does Merivel feel about life at the palace?
6. What does Merivel do after he leaves Celia on their wedding night?
7. What does Merivel think about when he visits Kaw?
8. How does Merivel's message to Celia differ from what the King told him to say?
9. Why can't Merivel do what Finn asks of him?
10. Why does Degeulasse de Gourly come to visit Merivel?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)