|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the straw resting-place for the doll called?
(a) The manger.
(c) The nest.
2. Who does Merivel mistake for his mother?
(a) A servant of the King's.
(b) A barmaid.
(c) A haberdasher's wife.
(d) A shop owner.
3. How does the King respond to Merivel's letter, asking to visit?
(a) The King invites him to a large ball.
(b) The King invites him to Sunday dinner.
(c) The King does not respond.
(d) The King invites him to a luncheon.
4. Who does Merivel think about as he leaves with Katherine?
5. Where does Merivel's runaway horse end up?
(a) At Bath.
(b) At Whitehall.
(c) At the Bathurst estate.
(d) At Bidnold.
6. What name does Merivel go by at Whittlesea?
(c) Sir Robert.
7. How does Merivel treat Katherine?
(a) He bleeds her from her arm.
(b) He uses leeches on her.
(c) He gives her a potion.
(d) He wraps herbs around her head.
8. What happens to Katherine during the birth of the baby?
(a) She realizes that she hates Merivel.
(b) She begins hallucinating.
(c) She loses her sight.
(d) She goes into a coma.
9. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
10. What does Merivel name the baby?
11. Who comes to the hospital for a visit and is turned away?
(c) The King.
(d) Katherine's mother.
12. What does Piepold spend his days thinking of?
(a) Ways to conquer England.
(b) Ways to harm himself.
(c) Ways to kill people.
(d) Ways to escape.
13. How many games does Merivel win?
(a) Seven out of seven.
(b) Three out of seven.
(c) Five out of seven.
(d) One out of seven.
14. At the funeral, what does Merivel express toward Pearce?
15. What game does the King make Merivel play with him when Merivel answers the King's summons?
Short Answer Questions
1. After leaving London, who does Merivel go to see?
2. What is written on the gate?
3. What did the woman from Harvey die of?
4. How does Merivel treat Pearce?
5. What calms Katherine down?
This section contains 383 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)