|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Merivel do to help Katherine fall asleep?
(a) He rubs her feet.
(b) He reads to her.
(c) He sings to her.
(d) He rubs her back.
2. What date does the dance finally occur?
(a) August 30.
(b) September 30.
(c) July 30.
(d) June 30.
3. What does Ambrose tell Merivel?
(a) That he must commit to become a Quaker.
(b) That he must leave Whittlesea.
(c) That he must stop practicing medicine.
(d) That he must begin working at manual labor in the grounds.
4. Who does Merivel mistake for his mother?
(a) A shop owner.
(b) A servant of the King's.
(c) A haberdasher's wife.
(d) A barmaid.
5. Who helps Merivel make a rag doll for Katherine?
6. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
(a) Confusion, loss of balance, and headaches.
(b) Lung pain, trouble breathing, and sweats.
(c) Stomach pains, racing heart, and insomnia.
(d) Muscle aches, weakness, and fever.
7. What do the men in the George Fox building make?
8. What religion is the staff at Whittlesea Hospital?
9. Who does Merivel go to after leaving the manor for good?
10. At the funeral, what does Merivel express toward Pearce?
11. How does Merivel celebrate his birthday when Katherine is pregnant?
(a) Merivel keeps it a secret and doesn't celebrate.
(b) Merivel and Katherine celebrate quietly together.
(c) Merivel and Katherine throw a big party.
(d) Katherine throws a surprise party for Merivel.
12. Where does Merivel go after he leaves the manor for good?
(a) London Bridge.
(b) Big Ben.
(c) The Tower of London.
13. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
14. How many games does Merivel win?
(a) Three out of seven.
(b) Seven out of seven.
(c) One out of seven.
(d) Five out of seven.
15. What happens when Merivel tries to catch up with Piepold's relatives?
(a) His horse gets a lame foot.
(b) His horse is too slow.
(c) His horse gets sick and refuses to move.
(d) He is thrown off his horse.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where do the others tell Edmund he can find God?
2. What effect does the plague have on the patients in the hospital?
3. How does Pearce feel about Merivel being at the hospital?
4. What is the straw resting-place for the doll called?
5. How does Merivel feel about Katherine?
This section contains 428 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)