|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. From what symptoms is Pearce suffering?
(a) Stomach pains, racing heart, and insomnia.
(b) Lung pain, trouble breathing, and sweats.
(c) Muscle aches, weakness, and fever.
(d) Confusion, loss of balance, and headaches.
2. How does Merivel treat Katherine?
(a) He gives her a potion.
(b) He bleeds her from her arm.
(c) He wraps herbs around her head.
(d) He uses leeches on her.
3. Why do the plague flagellants hit themselves?
(a) They think it will stop them from becoming sick.
(b) The think it will cure the plague on the city by their sacrifice.
(c) They want to feel their pain, not the pain of the city.
(d) They want to take the plague on themselves to cure others.
4. How long is Merivel confined to bed?
(a) One month.
(b) Two weeks.
(c) Three days.
(d) Six weeks.
5. How has Merivel changed physically at Whittlesea?
(a) He has gained weight.
(b) He has grown stooped.
(c) He has not changed.
(d) He has lost weight.
6. How does Merivel feel about Katherine?
(a) He lusts after her.
(b) He loves her.
(c) He hates her.
(d) He feels like a brother to her.
7. What is written on the gate?
(a) A note to Merivel.
(b) A children's rhyme.
(c) A verse from the Bible.
(d) A note to Ambrose.
8. Where does Merivel go after he leaves the manor for good?
(b) The Tower of London.
(c) London Bridge.
(d) Big Ben.
9. What does Merivel feel for Katherine?
10. What does Merivel do most of the day while he is ill?
11. What does Piepold spend his days thinking of?
(a) Ways to harm himself.
(b) Ways to conquer England.
(c) Ways to kill people.
(d) Ways to escape.
12. How do Merivel and Katherine leave for London?
(a) On a fancy carriage.
(b) On a boat.
(c) On horseback.
(d) On a wagon.
13. Who comes to the hospital for a visit and is turned away?
(a) The King.
(d) Katherine's mother.
14. Who does Merivel see on the river one morning in 1666?
(a) The King.
15. What calms Katherine down?
(a) A doll.
(b) Merivel's presence.
(c) A religious statue.
(d) A book.
Short Answer Questions
1. What effect does the plague have on the patients in the hospital?
2. Who does Merivel hope to save in the emergency?
3. Why is the dance rescheduled?
4. How does Merivel's old friend greet him?
5. At the funeral, what does Merivel express toward Pearce?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)