|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gift does the King give Merivel?
(a) Kitchen knifes.
(b) Surgical tools.
(c) A portrait.
(d) A vase.
2. What is the name of the medicine that Merivel gives the bird when it is sick?
(a) Foley's Cure-all.
(b) Aster Balm.
(c) Aether Malais.
(d) Pill Fortis.
3. How is Merivel's playing?
(a) Professional quality.
(c) Very bad.
4. What is Merivel's dog's name?
5. What is Celia's reaction when the bird dies?
(a) She is distraught.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is angry.
(d) She refuses to believe it.
6. How does Celia feel about Finn's task?
7. What will Finn get if he does his job well?
(a) A job in the King's court.
(b) A mansion of his own.
(c) A bag of valuable gems.
(d) A pension as an artist.
8. What does Merivel end up doing at the pub?
(a) Getting into a bar fight.
(b) Drinking until he passes out.
(c) Having sex with Meg.
(d) Getting into a game of cards.
9. Who does Merivel need to meet before he can court and marry Celia?
(a) Her aunts.
(b) Her elder sister.
(c) Her father.
(d) Her mother.
10. What does the King plan to do about his affair with Celia?
(a) Make it openly known.
(b) Continue it quietly.
(c) End it quickly.
(d) End it over a few weeks.
11. In what room does Celia lock herself?
(a) The morning glory room.
(b) The sunflower room.
(c) The marigold room.
(d) The chrysanthemum room.
12. What bad aftereffect does Merivel wake with the next morning?
(a) A stomach ache.
(b) Profuse sweating.
(c) A headache.
13. What does Merivel study in college?
14. What does the King commission Finn to do?
(a) Paint the mansion.
(b) Paint Celia's portrait.
(c) Paint Merival's portrait.
(d) Paint a picture of despair.
15. What do the merrymakers at the wedding tie onto Merivel's private parts?
(a) A warning bell.
(b) A cup.
(c) A purple ribbon.
(d) A yellow string.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Merivel supposed to do for the Idle?
2. How long is Merivel with his bride before being interrupted on his wedding night?
3. What can't Merivel seem to capture in his paintings of Meg?
4. What relationship does Merivel develop with Lady Bathurst?
5. Does Pearce agree with Celia's portrayal of the King's feelings?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)