|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Merivel say will judge Celia's progress?
(c) The King.
(d) Celia's father.
2. What is the name of the medicine that Merivel gives the bird when it is sick?
(a) Pill Fortis.
(b) Foley's Cure-all.
(c) Aster Balm.
(d) Aether Malais.
3. What piece of attire does Merivel find sweaty and itchy?
(a) A wig.
(c) A hat.
4. How does Merivel feel about the loss of his dog?
(a) He is glad.
(b) He doesn't care.
(c) He is angry.
(d) He is sad.
5. What does Merivel ask for in his letter to the King?
(a) Political power.
(b) A job.
6. Where does Merivel go immediately after leaving Whitehall?
(a) His carriage to start back immediately.
(b) An inn for a good night's sleep.
(c) A whorehouse for sex.
(d) A tavern for food and drink.
7. How does Lady Bathurst react to Celia moving into the mansion?
(a) She is happy.
(b) She is angry.
(c) She is worried.
(d) She is relieved.
8. What does Merivel hear Celia doing the night he returns?
(b) Reciting poetry.
(c) Playing a harpsichord.
(d) Ringing bells.
9. Who does Merivel need to meet before he can court and marry Celia?
(a) Her father.
(b) Her elder sister.
(c) Her aunts.
(d) Her mother.
10. What has happened to Merivel's dog while he was away?
(a) Merivel's dog went into a coma.
(b) Merivel's dog had puppies.
(c) Merivel's dog died.
(d) Merivel's dog ran away.
11. What does the King do to Merivel's drink?
(a) He puts an emetic in it.
(b) He puts poison in it.
(c) He puts a truth potion in it.
(d) He puts a bitter herb in it.
12. Why does Merivel take up painting?
(a) As a front for criminal activities.
(b) To make some quick money.
(c) As a hobby.
(d) To impress women.
13. What does Merivel look for at the pub for his dog?
(a) Some liquor.
(b) Some medicine.
(c) Some food.
(d) A doctor.
14. How does Merivel respond to Rosie's request?
(a) Merivel sends a letter but no money.
(b) Merivel rushes to her with money.
(c) Merivel sends her a long letter and money by messenger.
(d) Merivel writes a letter but doesn't send it.
15. How does Merivel think the King feels about him?
(a) Merivel thinks the King hates him.
(b) Merivel thinks the King loves him.
(c) Merivel thinks the King doesn't care about him.
(d) Merivel thinks the King is jealous of him.
Short Answer Questions
1. What astrological sign is Merivel?
2. Who does Merivel miss, alone in his mansion?
3. What is Merivel's father's profession?
4. How long is Merivel with his bride before being interrupted on his wedding night?
5. What does Merivel decide will be Celia's path toward learning what the King wants her to learn?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)