|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 1, Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What relationship does Merivel develop with Lady Bathurst?
(a) A sibling-like friendship.
(b) A deep enmity.
(c) A sexual affair.
(d) A deep meeting of the minds.
2. What problem does Merivel have while painting Meg?
(a) He gets bored.
(b) He gets annoyed with her.
(c) His eyes start blurring.
(d) He gets aroused.
3. Who does Merivel miss, alone in his mansion?
(a) The King.
(b) The Queen.
(d) His wife.
4. How does Merivel think Celia looks when she arrives?
(a) The same as she did.
(b) Somewhat better than before.
(c) Worse than she did.
(d) Much more beautiful than ever.
5. How does Merivel feel about his wedding ceremony?
(a) He is angry.
(b) He is bored.
(c) He has fun.
(d) He is sad.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the King plan to do about his affair with Celia?
2. How long is Merivel with his bride before being interrupted on his wedding night?
3. What do the merrymakers at the wedding tie onto Merivel's private parts?
4. What does Merivel hire Meg as?
5. In what year does the novel begin?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)