|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Merivel supposed to do for the Idle?
(a) Fine them for idleness.
(b) Sentence them to unpaid labor.
(c) Put them in jail.
(d) Put them to work.
2. How does Lady Bathurst react to Celia moving into the mansion?
(a) She is angry.
(b) She is relieved.
(c) She is happy.
(d) She is worried.
3. What will Finn get if he does his job well?
(a) A pension as an artist.
(b) A mansion of his own.
(c) A bag of valuable gems.
(d) A job in the King's court.
4. Who is in the house when Merivel emerges from his illness?
(a) The King.
(c) No one.
5. What job does the Justice of the Peace give to Merivel?
(a) Distributor of Wages.
(b) Overseer of the Poor.
(c) Lord Justice of Petty Crimes.
(d) King's Stead in County.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Celia say Merivel was chosen as her husband?
2. What does Merivel hire Meg as?
3. What does Pearce say about Merivel's love for the King?
4. What reason does Merivel give Celia for coming to the roof?
5. What calms Katherine down?
This section contains 258 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)