|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Part 2, Chapter 21.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In what room does Celia lock herself?
(a) The morning glory room.
(b) The marigold room.
(c) The chrysanthemum room.
(d) The sunflower room.
2. What happens to Merivel at the house?
(a) He bangs his head.
(b) He goes into a coma.
(c) He comes down with a fever.
(d) He breaks his leg.
3. What has happened to Katherine?
(a) She is hallucinating.
(b) She is ill with the plague.
(c) She is pregnant.
(d) She has tried to kill herself a second time.
4. What do the female patients do for exercise?
(a) Play tennis on the lawn.
(b) Play hide and go seek.
(c) Play a game with an imaginary ball.
(d) Walk and skip around an oak tree.
5. What does Ambrose make Merivel do before passing through the gate?
(a) Answer a riddle.
(b) Give proof of his identity.
(c) Write an inscription on the gate.
(d) Read the writing on the gate.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Merivel feel about his sexual affair with Katherine?
2. How does Merivel treat Pearce?
3. What is the name of the medicine that Merivel gives the bird when it is sick?
4. How long is Merivel with his bride before being interrupted on his wedding night?
5. How does Merivel's old friend greet him?
This section contains 234 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)