Part 1, Chapter 1
1. In what year does the novel begin?
2. What piece of attire does Merivel find sweaty and itchy?
(b) A wig.
(c) A hat.
3. To ahat does Merivel compare his stomach freckles?
4. What narrative perspective does the novel use?
(a) Third person semi-omnicient.
(b) Third person omniscient.
(c) First person.
(d) Second person.
5. What does Merivel perform an autopsy on as a boy?
(a) A starling.
(b) A crow.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) A wren.
6. Which Cambridge college did Merivel attend?
(a) King's College.
(b) Downing College.
(c) Trinity College.
(d) Caius College.
7. What does Merivel study in college?
8. What internal organ does Merivel touch in a patient's body?
(a) The lung.
(b) The heart.
(c) The spleen.
(d) The liver.
9. What is Merivel's father's profession?
(a) Sign maker.
(b) Cabinet maker.
(c) Glove maker.
(d) Pipe maker.
10. What collection does the King show Merivel and his father?
(a) An art collection.
(b) A wine collection.
(c) A clock collection.
(d) A jewel collection.
This section contains 4,258 words
(approx. 15 pages at 300 words per page)