|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what does Victor dream the day before Junior kills himself?
(a) His father's death.
(b) His mother.
(c) His guitar.
(d) The priest who molested him.
2. What does Chess tell Thomas she wants to do?
(a) Marry Thomas.
(b) Marry a white man and get away from the Indian culture.
(c) Have his baby but not marry.
(d) Move to Canada.
3. Who hears Johnson singing?
(a) Big Mom.
(b) No one.
(d) His daughter.
4. Where does Victor go after the band leaves the building where they auditioned?
(a) He is unusually subdued.
(b) He sits on the sidewalk and refuses to move.
(c) He goes into a church and starts crying.
(d) He disappears into the crowd.
5. Who are Chess and Checkers?
(a) Thomas' two second cousins.
(b) A brother and sister who are members of Coyote Springs.
(c) Thomas' son and the son's friend.
(d) Two people with whom Thomas walks to church.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where are Coyote Springs waiting for their audition?
2. What happens to Victor after Wright and Sheridan are finished talking to the band?
3. What happens to Victor's hands?
4. What is Coyote Springs supposed to do after practicing for a week?
5. Where does the record company want to bring Coyote Springs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Sheridan want to do with Betty and Veronica?
2. What was Big Mom's past connection with Michael White Hawk?
3. What does Big Mom tell Checkers about Father Arnold and what does Checkers do about it?
4. What does the band do mostly in Chapter Six and why?
5. What happens to Thomas in church and what does he decide needs done?
6. What does Johnson convince Big Mom to do and what does she give him? Why does she give him it?
7. What are Victor and Junior doing while Thomas and Chess are at the hotel?
8. What was in the conversation Father Arnold has with the bishop?
9. What does Checkers think about the band and why does she think that?
10. What does Chess tell Checkers she and Thomas are going to do, what does she ask Checkers and what does Checkers ask Chess?
This section contains 852 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)