|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
(a) It starts a fire.
(c) It breaks three strings.
(d) Its neck splits.
2. Why does Junior get fired?
(a) He hit his boss.
(b) He did not go to work for three days.
(c) The Coyote steals his work truck.
(d) He was drunk on the job.
3. What type of songs does Thomas say the band needs?
(a) Native American songs.
(b) Songs that tell a story.
(c) Songs that can be used for dancing.
(d) Original music.
4. What does Thomas tell the sisters about his mother?
(a) How she quit drinking.
(b) How good she was to him.
(c) How she hit his father with a frying pan.
(d) How she died.
5. What is the name of the Indian reservation where a black man comes at the beginning of the book?
(a) Hiawatha Indian Reservation.
(b) Praire Dog Indian Reservation.
(c) Spokane Indian Reservation.
(d) Butte Pass Indian Reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens when the band arrives for its first gig?
2. What does Indian time mean?
3. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior and the band?
4. Why does being around Betty and Veronica upset Checkers?
5. Where does the band perform for their second performance?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
2. How does Lester end up with a broken nose during the game with the police?
3. How does the song "Reservation Blues" come about?
4. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
5. What do Thomas, Victor and Junior decide to do when Victor and Junior come over to Thomas' house?
6. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
7. What do Thomas and the two sisters do the night they find his father in the yard?
8. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
9. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
10. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
This section contains 947 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)