|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
(a) It starts a fire.
(b) Its neck splits.
(c) It breaks three strings.
2. What do the cops do to Lester when they are playing ball?
(a) Break his nose.
(c) Break his arm.
(d) Knock him over.
3. What does the band find out when they arrive at their first gig?
(a) They know the owner.
(b) It has terrible acoustics.
(c) It is owned by a white woman.
(d) They are hours early.
4. Why did Junior start to drink?
(a) He likes the taste of whiskey.
(b) Victor pushed him to do it.
(c) He thought the girls would like him more.
(d) He thinks he plays better music.
5. What event did Thomas witness that turned him against the Christian religion?
(a) Christians tearing down a totem pole.
(b) A hell fire and damnation sermon.
(c) A book burning.
(d) Christians taking away orphan Indian children.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Victor want to do when he finds out they will be competing against twenty bands?
2. What do the men in Victor's nightmare wear?
3. What does Indian time mean?
4. Where did Father Arnold decide to become a priest?
5. When does Thomas write Reservation Blues?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens with the guitar and Thomas the night he plays for Victor and Junior?
2. What does Victor dream about that involves his mother and his stepfather?
3. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
4. What was the mix-up with the gig in Seattle?
5. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
6. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
7. What does Thomas ask Chess about her church, what is her response and what story does he tell that starts her crying?
8. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
9. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
10. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
This section contains 991 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)