|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor dream about with a priest?
(a) Being condemned to hell by a priest.
(b) Being treated kindly by a priest.
(c) Inappropriate behavior by a priest.
(d) Being burned at the stake by a priest.
2. Who are upset with the men playing music?
(a) Local church groups.
(b) The sheriff.
(c) Big Mom.
(d) Robert Johnson.
3. Why did Junior start to drink?
(a) He thinks he plays better music.
(b) He likes the taste of whiskey.
(c) He thought the girls would like him more.
(d) Victor pushed him to do it.
4. What is keeping Chess from sleeping?
(a) The city is too noisy.
(b) Junior's noise during his nightmares.
(c) She is sleeping next to Thomas.
(d) There are no pillows.
5. What does Chess say about her mother's death?
(a) She was hit by a drunk driver.
(b) She fell from the roof.
(c) Her father killed her mother.
(d) She died of cancer.
Short Answer Questions
1. What market place in Seattle does the band visit?
2. What does Junior do for work?
3. What type of men does Checkers always date?
4. What does Thomas ask Robert Johnson?
5. Why does Robert need a particular woman on the reservation?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor doing while the band is waiting for their turn in the the battle of the bands?
2. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
3. What happens with the guitar and Thomas the night he plays for Victor and Junior?
4. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
5. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
6. How does Lester end up with a broken nose during the game with the police?
7. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
8. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
9. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
10. What do Thomas, Victor and Junior decide to do when Victor and Junior come over to Thomas' house?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)