|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What disappointed Father Arnold about the reservation?
(a) All of the Indians are Protestant.
(b) He does not live in a teepee.
(c) It is a very poor place.
(d) He did not see any buffalo.
2. What does Chess say about her mother's death?
(a) She fell from the roof.
(b) She died of cancer.
(c) Her father killed her mother.
(d) She was hit by a drunk driver.
3. What happens to Checkers when she and Victor fight?
(a) She is pushed against the wall.
(b) He throws her out the door.
(c) She is thrown to the ground.
(d) He breaks her nose.
4. Why won't Robert shake hands with Thomas?
(a) The Gentleman might hear.
(b) Robert has the flu.
(c) Robert is holding his guitar case in his right hand.
(d) Thomas is a Native American.
5. What is Thomas's last name?
(b) Eagle Eye.
(c) Bear Claw.
(d) Red Fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Thomas think should pay for their motel in Seattle?
2. What does Thomas list in a journal entry?
3. What will Thomas have to do if he cannot play a song on the guitar?
4. What do the cops do to Lester when they are playing ball?
5. What do the strangers from outside the reservation expect to hear from the band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
2. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
3. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
4. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
5. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
6. What does the guitar ask of Thomas while they wait for Victor and Junior and what is Thomas' response?
7. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
8. What does Checkers tell Father Arnold when she visits him?
9. What do Thomas and Chess do when Victor and Junior are sleeping in the van?
10. What do Thomas, Victor and Junior decide to do when Victor and Junior come over to Thomas' house?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)