|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Samuel injure in a game?
(b) The police chief.
(c) His son.
(d) His brother.
2. Why does being around Betty and Veronica upset Checkers?
(a) It reminds her of white girls when she was young.
(b) They are always criticizing her.
(c) The boys like them better.
(d) She does not like their names.
3. How does Robert know he needs a particular woman?
(a) He sees her in his dreams.
(b) He saw an ad on-line.
(c) He read about her in the paper.
(d) His sister told him to find the woman.
4. Who does the Indian Victor meet know?
(a) Victor's grandfather.
(b) Victor's mother.
(c) Victor's father.
(d) Victor's older brother.
5. Where do Victor, Thomas and Junior practice?
(a) In the school house.
(b) In an abandoned building.
(c) In the church basement.
(d) In the city civic center.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Indian time mean?
2. Why did Junior start to drink?
3. What does the FedEx letter say that they receive after Victor and Checkers fight?
4. What does David Walks Along say about the band?
5. To where does Chess say she is thinking of moving?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
2. What do Thomas and Chess do when Victor and Junior are sleeping in the van?
3. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
4. What does Checkers tell Father Arnold when she visits him?
5. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
6. What do Thomas, Victor and Junior decide to do when Victor and Junior come over to Thomas' house?
7. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
8. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
9. What is Victor doing while the band is waiting for their turn in the the battle of the bands?
10. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)