|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Checker admit in a journal entry about Father Arnold?
(a) She is in love with him.
(b) He is not a good priest.
(c) He has turned her off to religion.
(d) He cannot help answer her questions.
2. What does Checkers decide to do about the band?
(a) Stay if they kick Victor out.
(b) Change the name.
(c) She does not decide to do anything about the band.
(d) Quit it.
3. How are the newspaper reviews of the band?
(a) Overwhelmingly bad.
(b) Overwhelmingly good.
(d) There are no reviews.
4. What does Johnson do when he gets out of Thomas' vehicle?
(a) Falls to his knees to pray.
(b) Leaves his guitar.
(c) Begins to sing into the forest.
(d) Sits under a tree.
5. What happens to Checkers when she and Victor fight?
(a) She is thrown to the ground.
(b) He throws her out the door.
(c) He breaks her nose.
(d) She is pushed against the wall.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the band find when they arrive at Thomas' house?
2. What kind of music does the band play?
3. What happens to Thomas' vehicle when they reach the base of the mountain?
4. What does Chess do when the band is playing?
5. Where did Father Arnold decide to become a priest?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the song "Reservation Blues" come about?
2. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
3. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
4. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
5. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
6. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
7. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
8. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
9. What does Thomas ask Chess about her church, what is her response and what story does he tell that starts her crying?
10. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
This section contains 1,068 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)