|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Thomas write Reservation Blues?
(a) It took him almost a month to write the song.
(b) He did not write Reservation Blues.
(c) When he is ready to give up writing.
(d) Two hours after he sat down.
2. What do Victor and Junior ask Thomas when they see him with the guitar?
(a) If it belongs to Robert Johnson.
(b) If it is playable.
(c) Where he got it.
(d) What is the guitar's name.
3. What does David find out about his nephew, Michael?
(a) He has been killed in prison.
(b) He is coming back to kill Junior.
(c) He has been released from prison.
(d) He has joined the army.
4. What does Thomas realize about Chess when they first talk?
(a) She is too religious.
(b) She is a very good hostess.
(c) She tells stories like he does.
(d) She is not very intelligent.
5. What does Junior do for work?
(a) He is unemployed.
(b) Grounds keeper.
(c) School teacher.
(d) Drives the water truck.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why won't Robert shake hands with Thomas?
2. How many generations has Big Mom seen come and go?
3. What will Thomas have to do if he cannot play a song on the guitar?
4. What does Indian time mean?
5. What joke does Victor makes that enrages Checkers?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
2. What does the guitar ask of Thomas while they wait for Victor and Junior and what is Thomas' response?
3. What does Thomas ask Chess about her church, what is her response and what story does he tell that starts her crying?
4. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
5. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
6. What is Victor doing while the band is waiting for their turn in the the battle of the bands?
7. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
8. What was the mix-up with the gig in Seattle?
9. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
10. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
This section contains 1,038 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)