|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is keeping Chess from sleeping?
(a) There are no pillows.
(b) The city is too noisy.
(c) Junior's noise during his nightmares.
(d) She is sleeping next to Thomas.
2. What disappointed Father Arnold about the reservation?
(a) He did not see any buffalo.
(b) He does not live in a teepee.
(c) It is a very poor place.
(d) All of the Indians are Protestant.
3. What story does Thomas tell when they are talking about Christianity and the Indians?
(a) The story of the retaking of Alcatraz.
(b) How so many orphans were taken from the reservations.
(c) The story of Little Big Horn.
(d) The story of Wounded Knee.
4. What happens to Thomas' vehicle when they reach the base of the mountain?
(b) It is stopped by a force field.
(c) It dies.
(d) A tire goes flat.
5. What do the men in Victor's nightmare wear?
(a) They are naked.
(b) Black robes.
(c) White robes.
(d) Native American dance costumes.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the guitar do to Victor?
2. What does Chess do when the band is playing?
3. What does Thomas suggest as a name for the band?
4. What kind of music does the band play?
5. What does Chess say about the city of Seattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
2. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
3. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
4. What was the mix-up with the gig in Seattle?
5. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
6. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
7. How does Lester end up with a broken nose during the game with the police?
8. Why is Robert Johnson at the reservation, and what does Thomas say to him about Big Mom?
9. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
10. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
This section contains 951 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)