|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Thomas think should pay for their motel in Seattle?
(a) Chess since she is the newest member.
(b) The bar that invited them.
(c) The guitar should come up with the money.
(d) Junior since he has a job.
2. What is Thomas's last name?
(b) Red Fox.
(c) Eagle Eye.
(d) Bear Claw.
3. Why does being around Betty and Veronica upset Checkers?
(a) The boys like them better.
(b) She does not like their names.
(c) They are always criticizing her.
(d) It reminds her of white girls when she was young.
4. What type of songs does Thomas say the band needs?
(a) Original music.
(b) Songs that can be used for dancing.
(c) Songs that tell a story.
(d) Native American songs.
5. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
(b) It breaks three strings.
(c) Its neck splits.
(d) It starts a fire.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does a FedEx package arrive?
2. What does Junior dream about a car when he was young?
3. What does the band find out when they arrive at their first gig?
4. What event did Thomas witness that turned him against the Christian religion?
5. What does David Walks Along say about the band?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
2. What does Victor dream about that involves his mother and his stepfather?
3. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
4. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
5. What do Thomas and Chess do when Victor and Junior are sleeping in the van?
6. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
7. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
8. What does the guitar ask of Thomas while they wait for Victor and Junior and what is Thomas' response?
9. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
10. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
This section contains 1,051 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)