|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Robert know he needs a particular woman?
(a) He saw an ad on-line.
(b) His sister told him to find the woman.
(c) He read about her in the paper.
(d) He sees her in his dreams.
2. What does Victor want to do when he finds out they will be competing against twenty bands?
(a) Go listen to the other bands.
(b) Go home.
(c) Write a new song.
(d) Start practicing.
3. What does Victor do before Thomas can play a song?
(a) Break one of Thomas's fingers.
(b) Throw dirt in Thomas's eye.
(c) Smash the guitar.
(d) Take a drink from his whiskey flask.
4. What does David Walks Along say about the band?
(a) They need to get a better lead singer.
(b) It sounds great.
(c) He wants to join the band.
(d) It is too loud.
5. Where does the band perform for their second performance?
(a) The Blue Springs Bar.
(b) The Tap and Dance Inn.
(c) The Tipi Pole Tavern.
(d) The Flathead community center.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does being around Betty and Veronica upset Checkers?
2. What does Junior do for work?
3. What is keeping Chess from sleeping?
4. What is affecting Victor and Junior's playing?
5. What did Robert do years ago which is bothering him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Thomas and Chess do when Victor and Junior are sleeping in the van?
2. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
3. What is Victor doing while the band is waiting for their turn in the the battle of the bands?
4. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
5. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
6. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
7. Why is Robert Johnson at the reservation, and what does Thomas say to him about Big Mom?
8. How does the song "Reservation Blues" come about?
9. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
10. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
This section contains 1,102 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)