|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Junior dream has captured him in the nineteenth century?
(a) Stonewall Jackson.
(b) George Wright.
(c) General Custer.
(d) An Apache tribe.
2. What do the men in Victor's nightmare wear?
(a) Native American dance costumes.
(b) They are naked.
(c) White robes.
(d) Black robes.
3. Why are Chess and Checkers worried about Thomas?
(a) He can't find his father.
(b) He needs to get some sleep.
(c) He has been having nightmares.
(d) He has not eaten for two days.
4. What joke does Victor makes that enrages Checkers?
(a) Having the sisters clean his house.
(b) Making the women cook.
(c) Cooking Samuel.
(d) About Checkers singing.
5. Who does the Indian Victor meet know?
(a) Victor's older brother.
(b) Victor's mother.
(c) Victor's grandfather.
(d) Victor's father.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert need a particular woman on the reservation?
2. What does Thomas want to do with Chess?
3. What is affecting Victor and Junior's playing?
4. Where does Thomas sleep at Chess's house?
5. What type of songs does Thomas say the band needs?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
2. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
3. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
4. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
5. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
6. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
7. What was the mix-up with the gig in Seattle?
8. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
9. What does Thomas ask Chess about her church, what is her response and what story does he tell that starts her crying?
10. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
This section contains 1,012 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)