|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the strangers from outside the reservation expect to hear from the band?
(a) Punk rock.
(b) Country Western music.
(c) Heavy Metal music.
(d) Spiritrual enlightenment music.
2. What does Victor do before Thomas can play a song?
(a) Take a drink from his whiskey flask.
(b) Smash the guitar.
(c) Throw dirt in Thomas's eye.
(d) Break one of Thomas's fingers.
3. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior and the band?
(a) That he always considered them stupid.
(b) That they know music.
(c) That they would be in a band with him.
(d) Their rapid improvement.
4. What does Thomas tell the band after he talks to the bar owner?
(a) The performance has been canceled.
(b) The bar will pay for their motel.
(c) He misunderstood the invitation.
(d) The bar has a room where they can sleep.
5. Why does Junior get fired?
(a) The Coyote steals his work truck.
(b) He did not go to work for three days.
(c) He was drunk on the job.
(d) He hit his boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas ask Robert Johnson?
2. What kind of music does the band play?
3. What does Junior dream about a car when he was young?
4. What happens to Thomas' vehicle when they reach the base of the mountain?
5. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens to Thomas in church and what does he decide needs done?
2. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
3. What does Checkers tell Father Arnold when she visits him?
4. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
5. What does Junior do when the band leaves Big Mom?
6. What are Victor and Junior doing while Thomas and Chess are at the hotel?
7. How do Thomas and the sisters get money to leave the reservation and what do they see as they are leaving?
8. What do Thomas and Chess talk about regarding fame?
9. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
10. What happens with the guitar and Thomas the night he plays for Victor and Junior?
This section contains 1,004 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)