|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Junior start to drink?
(a) Victor pushed him to do it.
(b) He thought the girls would like him more.
(c) He likes the taste of whiskey.
(d) He thinks he plays better music.
2. Where do Victor, Thomas and Junior practice?
(a) In an abandoned building.
(b) In the school house.
(c) In the city civic center.
(d) In the church basement.
3. What does the FedEx letter say that they receive after Victor and Checkers fight?
(a) Robert Johnson wants his guitar back.
(b) They are invited to play in Seattle.
(c) They are invited to try out for a recording audition.
(d) They are being sued.
4. What does David Walks Along say about the band?
(a) He wants to join the band.
(b) They need to get a better lead singer.
(c) It sounds great.
(d) It is too loud.
5. What event did Thomas witness that turned him against the Christian religion?
(a) Christians taking away orphan Indian children.
(b) A hell fire and damnation sermon.
(c) Christians tearing down a totem pole.
(d) A book burning.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Robert need a particular woman on the reservation?
2. What do the strangers from outside the reservation expect to hear from the band?
3. Why does being around Betty and Veronica upset Checkers?
4. What does Chess do at her house when they first arrive?
5. What does the guitar do to Victor?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the song "Reservation Blues" come about?
2. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
3. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
4. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
5. How does Lester end up with a broken nose during the game with the police?
6. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
7. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
8. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
9. What happens with the guitar and Thomas the night he plays for Victor and Junior?
10. What do Thomas, Victor and Junior decide to do when Victor and Junior come over to Thomas' house?
This section contains 980 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)