|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guitar do to Victor?
(a) Give him bloody fingers.
(b) Makes him play the wrong notes.
(c) Tells him to leave the bar.
(d) Force him onstage.
2. What is Chess and Checkers last name?
(a) Warm Water.
(b) Eagle Feathers.
(c) Falling Rock.
(d) Blue sky.
3. Where does Thomas sleep at Chess's house?
(a) On the floor.
(b) He does not sleep at her house.
(c) On the couch.
(d) In her bed.
4. What does Checkers decide to do about the band?
(a) Quit it.
(b) She does not decide to do anything about the band.
(c) Stay if they kick Victor out.
(d) Change the name.
5. What does Chess say about the city of Seattle?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It was named for an Indian chief.
(c) She lived there when she was young.
(d) It has a lot of bars in which they can play.
Short Answer Questions
1. How many generations has Big Mom seen come and go?
2. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
3. What is Thomas's last name?
4. To where does Chess say she is thinking of moving?
5. What did Big Mom hear 134 years before Robert Johnson comes?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
2. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
3. How does the song "Reservation Blues" come about?
4. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
5. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
6. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
7. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
8. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
9. How does the band end up getting a name?
10. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
This section contains 983 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)