|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When does Thomas write Reservation Blues?
(a) When he is ready to give up writing.
(b) It took him almost a month to write the song.
(c) Two hours after he sat down.
(d) He did not write Reservation Blues.
2. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
(a) Its neck splits.
(c) It starts a fire.
(d) It breaks three strings.
3. What do Victor and Junior do after the show?
(a) Go off with two women.
(b) Pass out.
(c) Load the equipment.
(d) Sit in the bar and drink.
4. What does Indian time mean?
(a) You are never too late.
(b) Events occur when they occur.
(c) Time is in the mind of the white man.
(d) You are never too early.
5. What kind of music does the band play?
(a) Punk rock.
(b) Country Western music.
(c) Spiritrual enlightenment music.
(d) Heavy Metal music.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Samuel injure in a game?
2. How was Junior's parents killed?
3. What does Michael White Hawk say about the band in the local paper?
4. How are the newspaper reviews of the band?
5. Why won't Robert shake hands with Thomas?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
2. Why is Robert Johnson at the reservation, and what does Thomas say to him about Big Mom?
3. How does the band end up getting a name?
4. What does Thomas ask Chess about her church, what is her response and what story does he tell that starts her crying?
5. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
6. What does Victor dream about that involves his mother and his stepfather?
7. What does the guitar do about Thomas singing to Chess, and what does Chess eventually do?
8. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
9. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
10. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
This section contains 928 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)