|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor dream about with a priest?
(a) Being treated kindly by a priest.
(b) Being condemned to hell by a priest.
(c) Being burned at the stake by a priest.
(d) Inappropriate behavior by a priest.
2. How do Betty and Veronica earn a living?
(a) They own a bookstore.
(d) Seamstress shop.
3. From whom does a FedEx package arrive?
(b) A bar owner on the Flathead Indian Reservation.
(c) A tavern in Seattle.
(d) The Bureau of Indian Affairs.
4. Who does Thomas say are allowed to see Big Mom?
(a) Only dead people.
(b) Only special people.
(c) Anyone who asks for her.
(d) Only famous people.
5. What does Chess say about the city of Seattle?
(a) It is too big.
(b) It has a lot of bars in which they can play.
(c) It was named for an Indian chief.
(d) She lived there when she was young.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas list in a journal entry?
2. Why does Junior get fired?
3. What do the men in Victor's nightmare wear?
4. What is Thomas's last name?
5. What does Chess do when the band is playing?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
2. How does the band end up getting a name?
3. What does Checkers tell Father Arnold when she visits him?
4. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
5. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
6. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
7. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
8. What was the mix-up with the gig in Seattle?
9. What happens with the guitar and Thomas the night he plays for Victor and Junior?
10. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
This section contains 1,060 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)