Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the guitar do to Victor?
(a) Give him bloody fingers.
(b) Force him onstage.
(c) Tells him to leave the bar.
(d) Makes him play the wrong notes.
2. To where does Chess say she is thinking of moving?
(b) The Spokane Reservation.
(d) Flathead Reservation.
3. What does Thomas ask Robert Johnson?
(a) If he is lost.
(b) If he wants a ride somewhere.
(c) If he needs food.
(d) If he is looking for the general store.
4. What do Victor and Junior ask Thomas when they see him with the guitar?
(a) If it is playable.
(b) What is the guitar's name.
(c) If it belongs to Robert Johnson.
(d) Where he got it.
5. What does the guitar do during the night?
(a) Go into the house.
(b) Play a new song.
(c) Whispers nightmares into Victor's sleep.
(d) Break a string.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chess tell Thomas about her brother?
2. What does Checkers first tell Father Arnold when she sees him?
3. What happens to Thomas' vehicle when they reach the base of the mountain?
4. What does Checker admit in a journal entry about Father Arnold?
5. For what was Thomas' father known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
2. What does Victor dream about that involves his mother and his stepfather?
3. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
4. What happens at Junior's funeral?
5. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
6. Why is Robert Johnson at the reservation, and what does Thomas say to him about Big Mom?
7. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
8. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
9. What does Victor do at the studio and after they leave?
10. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)