|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why won't Robert shake hands with Thomas?
(a) Robert is holding his guitar case in his right hand.
(b) The Gentleman might hear.
(c) Thomas is a Native American.
(d) Robert has the flu.
2. What story does Thomas tell when they are talking about Christianity and the Indians?
(a) The story of Wounded Knee.
(b) How so many orphans were taken from the reservations.
(c) The story of Little Big Horn.
(d) The story of the retaking of Alcatraz.
3. What is keeping Chess from sleeping?
(a) The city is too noisy.
(b) She is sleeping next to Thomas.
(c) There are no pillows.
(d) Junior's noise during his nightmares.
4. What does Chess do at her house when they first arrive?
(a) Make coffee.
(b) Put on some music.
(c) Turn on the television.
(d) Change her clothes.
5. What does Chess say about her mother's death?
(a) She died of cancer.
(b) She was hit by a drunk driver.
(c) Her father killed her mother.
(d) She fell from the roof.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas suggest as a name for the band?
2. What does Indian time mean?
3. What will Thomas have to do if he cannot play a song on the guitar?
4. What do the men in Victor's nightmare wear?
5. What does the band find out when they arrive at their first gig?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Victor doing while the band is waiting for their turn in the the battle of the bands?
2. Why does Wright bust into Checkers' hotel room?
3. What happens when Michael White Hawk sees Victor, Junior, Betty and Veronica?
4. What does Junior do when the band leaves Big Mom?
5. What does Chess tell Checkers she and Thomas are going to do, what does she ask Checkers and what does Checkers ask Chess?
6. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
7. How does Lester end up with a broken nose during the game with the police?
8. What was in the conversation Father Arnold has with the bishop?
9. What does Victor do at the studio and after they leave?
10. What does Junior say about his white college girlfriend?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)