|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why are Chess and Checkers worried about Thomas?
(a) He needs to get some sleep.
(b) He has been having nightmares.
(c) He can't find his father.
(d) He has not eaten for two days.
2. What does Thomas ask Robert Johnson?
(a) If he needs food.
(b) If he wants a ride somewhere.
(c) If he is looking for the general store.
(d) If he is lost.
3. What does Indian time mean?
(a) You are never too early.
(b) Events occur when they occur.
(c) Time is in the mind of the white man.
(d) You are never too late.
4. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior and the band?
(a) Their rapid improvement.
(b) That they would be in a band with him.
(c) That they know music.
(d) That he always considered them stupid.
5. What do Victor and Junior do after the show?
(a) Load the equipment.
(b) Pass out.
(c) Sit in the bar and drink.
(d) Go off with two women.
Short Answer Questions
1. What event did Thomas witness that turned him against the Christian religion?
2. How are the newspaper reviews of the band?
3. What do Victor and Junior ask Thomas when they see him with the guitar?
4. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
5. For what was Thomas' father known?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do Thomas, Victor and Junior decide to do when Victor and Junior come over to Thomas' house?
2. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
3. What does Thomas ask Chess about her church, what is her response and what story does he tell that starts her crying?
4. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers to do and what is their response?
5. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
6. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
7. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
8. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
9. What does Checkers tell Father Arnold when she visits him?
10. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
This section contains 978 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)