|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Checkers decide to do about the band?
(a) Change the name.
(b) Quit it.
(c) She does not decide to do anything about the band.
(d) Stay if they kick Victor out.
2. What does the guitar do during the night?
(a) Go into the house.
(b) Break a string.
(c) Play a new song.
(d) Whispers nightmares into Victor's sleep.
3. What story does Thomas tell when they are talking about Christianity and the Indians?
(a) The story of the retaking of Alcatraz.
(b) The story of Wounded Knee.
(c) How so many orphans were taken from the reservations.
(d) The story of Little Big Horn.
4. What kind of music does the band play?
(a) Punk rock.
(b) Heavy Metal music.
(c) Country Western music.
(d) Spiritrual enlightenment music.
5. What happens to Checkers when she and Victor fight?
(a) She is thrown to the ground.
(b) He throws her out the door.
(c) She is pushed against the wall.
(d) He breaks her nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What kind of vehicle is Thomas driving?
2. What do the cops do to Lester when they are playing ball?
3. What does Michael White Hawk say about the band in the local paper?
4. What is keeping Chess from sleeping?
5. How do Betty and Veronica earn a living?
Short Essay Questions
1. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
2. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
3. How did Thomas' father, Samuel, end up playing basketball against six police officers when he was younger?
4. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
5. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
6. What do Thomas and Chess do when Victor and Junior are sleeping in the van?
7. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
8. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
9. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
10. What does Victor dream about that involves his mother and his stepfather?
This section contains 927 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)