|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Indian time mean?
(a) You are never too early.
(b) You are never too late.
(c) Time is in the mind of the white man.
(d) Events occur when they occur.
2. What does Johnson do when he gets out of Thomas' vehicle?
(a) Sits under a tree.
(b) Leaves his guitar.
(c) Falls to his knees to pray.
(d) Begins to sing into the forest.
3. What does Victor dream about his stepfather?
(a) How kind his stepfather was.
(b) When his stepfather died.
(c) The way his stepfather beat him.
(d) The man taking Victor's mother away.
4. Who does Thomas think should pay for their motel in Seattle?
(a) The bar that invited them.
(b) Junior since he has a job.
(c) Chess since she is the newest member.
(d) The guitar should come up with the money.
5. What happens to Checkers when she and Victor fight?
(a) She is thrown to the ground.
(b) She is pushed against the wall.
(c) He throws her out the door.
(d) He breaks her nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Indian reservation where a black man comes at the beginning of the book?
2. What kind of vehicle is Thomas driving?
3. What happens to Thomas' vehicle when they reach the base of the mountain?
4. What event did Thomas witness that turned him against the Christian religion?
5. In what year does Johnson say he faked his death?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
2. What happens with the guitar and Thomas the night he plays for Victor and Junior?
3. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
4. How does Lester end up with a broken nose during the game with the police?
5. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
6. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
7. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
8. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
9. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
10. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
This section contains 1,007 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)