|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Betty and Veronica earn a living?
(b) They own a bookstore.
(d) Seamstress shop.
2. What did Robert do years ago which is bothering him?
(a) Left his wife and children.
(b) Borrowed money from the mafia.
(c) Killed a friend accidentally.
(d) Made a particular deal.
3. What disappointed Father Arnold about the reservation?
(a) He does not live in a teepee.
(b) It is a very poor place.
(c) All of the Indians are Protestant.
(d) He did not see any buffalo.
4. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers?
(a) If they want to move to his reservation.
(b) If they have jobs.
(c) If they will join the band.
(d) If they like Victor and Junior.
5. To where does Chess say she is thinking of moving?
(a) Flathead Reservation.
(b) The Spokane Reservation.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Michael White Hawk say about the band in the local paper?
2. Who does Junior dream has captured him in the nineteenth century?
3. What does Victor dream about with a priest?
4. What does Checkers first tell Father Arnold when she sees him?
5. What kind of music does the band play?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas do after the show at Flathead?
2. What does David Walks Along find when he returns to his office from the band rehearsal and what does the band do when they hear his news?
3. How did Father Arnold become a priest and how did he feel about being sent to the reservation?
4. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior's music, who comes to listen to the band rehearse, what kind of music do they expect and what does the band actually play?
5. What happens when the band first arrives at Flathead Reservation and what happens about time there?
6. How does the band end up getting a name?
7. What happens at a rest stop on the way to Seattle?
8. What does Checkers tell Father Arnold when she visits him?
9. How did Victor and Junior begin drinking and what is Thomas's drinking history?
10. Why is Robert Johnson at the reservation, and what does Thomas say to him about Big Mom?
This section contains 986 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)