|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of music does the band play?
(a) Country Western music.
(b) Punk rock.
(c) Spiritrual enlightenment music.
(d) Heavy Metal music.
2. Why does Robert need a particular woman on the reservation?
(a) To help him find his brother.
(b) To get rid of his sickness.
(c) To weave him a magical blanket.
(d) To marry him.
3. What does the band find out when they arrive at their first gig?
(a) It has terrible acoustics.
(b) They are hours early.
(c) They know the owner.
(d) It is owned by a white woman.
4. What happens to Checkers when she and Victor fight?
(a) She is pushed against the wall.
(b) He breaks her nose.
(c) He throws her out the door.
(d) She is thrown to the ground.
5. What does Chess tell Thomas about her brother?
(a) About his business.
(b) About his death.
(c) About his children.
(d) About his music.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Victor and Junior ask Thomas when they see him with the guitar?
2. What event did Thomas witness that turned him against the Christian religion?
3. What does the band find when they arrive at Thomas' house?
4. What does Checker admit in a journal entry about Father Arnold?
5. Who does Thomas think should pay for their motel in Seattle?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Thomas do with the guitar Johnson left in his van and what do Victor and Junior say to Thomas about the guitar? What do they do to the guitar?
2. What do Thomas and the two sisters do the night they find his father in the yard?
3. Why is Robert Johnson at the reservation, and what does Thomas say to him about Big Mom?
4. What happens to the band on the way to a venue not on an Indian Reservation and what surprises the band about the incident?
5. Why can't Chess sleep in the van due to Junior?
6. How does Checkers end up getting injured at Thomas' house?
7. What was the mix-up with the gig in Seattle?
8. How does the band end up getting a name?
9. What does the man who Thomas meets at an intersection on the reservation first say to Thomas?
10. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion and how does Thomas respond?
This section contains 1,062 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)