|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Big Mom advice concerning Robert Johnson's guitar?
(a) That Victor start using it.
(b) That Victor not play it.
(c) That Chess should play it.
(d) That Junior should play it.
2. Of what does Chess say she is afraid?
(a) Big Mom.
(d) Juinor's interest.
3. About what has Father Arnold been dreaming?
(c) A murder.
4. Where does the record company want to bring Coyote Springs?
(a) San Francisco.
(b) New York.
5. How is Victor feeling as the band is walking along?
6. What instrument does Big Mom play?
7. Who does Big Mom convince to come with her to comfort the band?
(a) White Hawk.
(b) Robert Johnson.
(c) Father Arnold.
(d) Father Millican.
8. Why nightmare does Checkers continue to have?
(a) About Wright.
(b) About Junior.
(c) About Sheridan.
(d) About Father Arnold.
9. Who interviews the band?
(a) The local university's newspaper.
(b) Someone from the Spokane Indian Reservation.
(c) The Times' music section.
(d) No one.
10. What does Big Mom once try to do in the past?
(a) Teach music at the local high school.
(b) Teach Michael White Hawk the saxophone.
(c) Make it big in the white man's world.
(d) Give up music.
11. Where are Coyote Springs waiting for their audition?
(a) A recording studio.
(b) A motel lobby.
(c) A practice room at Carnegie Hall.
(d) A practice room at a local university.
12. What does Chess think she sees?
(a) Junior standing by his grave smiling.
(b) Junior standing by his grave with a baby and smiling.
(c) A white woman but no child in the distance.
(d) A white woman and child in the distance.
13. What happens to Victor's hands?
(b) They turn blue.
(c) They cramp up.
(d) They start bleeding.
14. What happens to Thomas during the church service?
(a) He goes to the back room and is knocked over the head.
(b) He falls and breaks his finger.
(c) He has a vision.
(d) He is asked about his new felt hat.
15. Why does the Tribal Police order the band to remain inside Thomas' house?
(a) They have received many death threats.
(b) They are under investigation.
(c) They are not ordered to remain at Thomas' house.
(d) They are material witnesses to a murder.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Big Mom succeed in getting for for Thomas, Chess, and Checkers?
2. What does Thomas say about Lester's present to the band?
3. What does he do after climbing?
4. What pain does Junior recall?
5. Where does Chess think she and Thomas should search?
This section contains 456 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)