|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Thomas and Chess try to file?
(a) A report for their reservation newspaper.
(b) A grievance.
(c) A missing persons report.
(d) A new flight itinerary.
2. Where does Chess think she and Thomas should search?
(a) No where.
3. What happens to Victor after Wright and Sheridan are finished talking to the band?
(a) He becomes enraged.
(b) He tries to choke Sheridan.
(c) He cries.
(d) He tries to choke Wright.
4. What do Betty and Veronica decide to do?
(a) Sue White Hawk.
(b) Leave the band and reservation.
(c) Stay in the band but move off the reservation.
(d) Sue Victor and Junior.
5. Who is Checkers looking for when she leaves Thomas' house?
(a) Father Arnold.
(d) Her brother.
6. Over what does Victor weep?
(a) Father Arnold's leaving.
(b) Losing the band's goodwill.
(c) Returning to Spokane Reservation.
(d) Losing his guitar.
7. What have Thomas, Victor and Junior heard about Big Mom?
(a) That she cannot be trusted.
(b) That she is able to use magic.
(c) That she used to be a performer in Hollywood.
(d) That she has taught many of the most famous musicians.
8. Who does Big Mom say Victor should forgive?
(a) The priest who molested him long ago.
(b) Victor's father for stealing from Victor.
(c) Victor's mother for being an alcoholic.
(d) No one.
9. What does Chess ask of Checkers?
(a) If Checkers will come with Chess and Thomas to Spokane.
(b) If Checkers plans to help Big Mom.
(c) If Checkers will move back to Arizona.
(d) If Checkers is pregnant with Junior's baby.
10. What is Coyote Springs supposed to do after practicing for a week?
(a) Go to New York.
(b) Go to Seattle.
(c) Go to Los Angeles.
(d) Go to San Francisco.
11. What does the band leave in New York?
(a) Their instruments.
(c) Their white man's clothes.
(d) Their ambitions.
12. What happens to Thomas during the church service?
(a) He is asked about his new felt hat.
(b) He has a vision.
(c) He goes to the back room and is knocked over the head.
(d) He falls and breaks his finger.
13. What does the elderly woman say to Thomas?
(a) She wishes Thomas would not bring white girls to church.
(b) She wants Thomas to come to her house and fix her sink.
(c) She is glad Thomas has quit the band.
(d) She is sorry Thomas quit the band.
14. What do Wright and Sheridan explain to the band members?
(a) The band does not play as well as they know is possible.
(b) Money is the motivating factor for Armstrong and he does not think the band will earn enough.
(c) They will try again in a few months in front of Armstrong.
(d) That Armstrong was expecting a couple different members to be there.
15. To whom does Big Mom say Robert Johnson's guitar belongs?
(b) The person who wants it the most.
(c) Robert Johnson.
(d) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Thomas give each band member during the plane flight?
2. Why do Victor and Junior have to stay at Thomas' house?
3. What does Big Mom do on the day of the funeral?
4. What does Checkers return to the church?
5. About what does Victor lie concerning Junior?
This section contains 592 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)