|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Junior do for work?
(a) Grounds keeper.
(b) Drives the water truck.
(c) He is unemployed.
(d) School teacher.
2. What does Thomas tell the band after he talks to the bar owner?
(a) The bar will pay for their motel.
(b) The bar has a room where they can sleep.
(c) The performance has been canceled.
(d) He misunderstood the invitation.
3. Who does the Indian Victor meet know?
(a) Victor's mother.
(b) Victor's father.
(c) Victor's older brother.
(d) Victor's grandfather.
4. What do Victor and Junior ask Thomas when they see him with the guitar?
(a) If it belongs to Robert Johnson.
(b) If it is playable.
(c) What is the guitar's name.
(d) Where he got it.
5. What disappointed Father Arnold about the reservation?
(a) All of the Indians are Protestant.
(b) He does not live in a teepee.
(c) It is a very poor place.
(d) He did not see any buffalo.
6. Who does Thomas say are allowed to see Big Mom?
(a) Only famous people.
(b) Anyone who asks for her.
(c) Only special people.
(d) Only dead people.
7. What does Thomas tell the sisters about his mother?
(a) How she died.
(b) How she hit his father with a frying pan.
(c) How she quit drinking.
(d) How good she was to him.
8. Where does the band perform for their second performance?
(a) The Tipi Pole Tavern.
(b) The Tap and Dance Inn.
(c) The Flathead community center.
(d) The Blue Springs Bar.
9. What story does Thomas tell when they are talking about Christianity and the Indians?
(a) The story of the retaking of Alcatraz.
(b) The story of Little Big Horn.
(c) The story of Wounded Knee.
(d) How so many orphans were taken from the reservations.
10. What does the band find when they arrive at Thomas' house?
(a) The door is open.
(b) The house has a huge sign welcoming the band back.
(c) His father unconscious in the yard.
(d) The windows in then house are broken.
11. What does Johnson do when he gets out of Thomas' vehicle?
(a) Begins to sing into the forest.
(b) Falls to his knees to pray.
(c) Sits under a tree.
(d) Leaves his guitar.
12. What surprises Thomas about Victor and Junior and the band?
(a) That they would be in a band with him.
(b) That he always considered them stupid.
(c) Their rapid improvement.
(d) That they know music.
13. What happens to Victor's guitar when he is playing?
(b) It starts a fire.
(c) Its neck splits.
(d) It breaks three strings.
14. What does Thomas ask Robert Johnson?
(a) If he wants a ride somewhere.
(b) If he is looking for the general store.
(c) If he is lost.
(d) If he needs food.
15. What do the men in Victor's nightmare wear?
(a) They are naked.
(b) Native American dance costumes.
(c) Black robes.
(d) White robes.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why are Chess and Checkers worried about Thomas?
2. What did Big Mom hear 134 years before Robert Johnson comes?
3. When does Thomas write Reservation Blues?
4. Where did Father Arnold decide to become a priest?
5. What kind of vehicle is Thomas driving?
This section contains 551 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)