|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Victor performing at the market?
(a) An old Indian.
(b) A young white boy.
(c) He is playing by himself.
(d) Two Indian women.
2. What happens when the band arrives for its first gig?
(a) The guitar breaks.
(b) One of their drums falls out on the highway.
(c) They get a flat tire.
(d) They get lost.
3. What does Checkers first tell Father Arnold when she sees him?
(a) She is in love with Thomas.
(b) She is quitting the church.
(c) She is in love with him.
(d) She has quit the band.
4. What does Victor want to do when he finds out they will be competing against twenty bands?
(a) Go home.
(b) Write a new song.
(c) Go listen to the other bands.
(d) Start practicing.
5. What did Robert do years ago which is bothering him?
(a) Killed a friend accidentally.
(b) Made a particular deal.
(c) Borrowed money from the mafia.
(d) Left his wife and children.
6. Where does Thomas sleep at Chess's house?
(a) On the couch.
(b) He does not sleep at her house.
(c) In her bed.
(d) On the floor.
7. Where do Victor, Thomas and Junior practice?
(a) In an abandoned building.
(b) In the city civic center.
(c) In the school house.
(d) In the church basement.
8. What does Chess tell Thomas about her brother?
(a) About his music.
(b) About his children.
(c) About his death.
(d) About his business.
9. What does Checker admit in a journal entry about Father Arnold?
(a) He cannot help answer her questions.
(b) She is in love with him.
(c) He is not a good priest.
(d) He has turned her off to religion.
10. What does Thomas list in a journal entry?
(a) Ten reasons to marry Chess.
(b) Ten ways to keep an audience interested.
(c) Ten wrongs the government did to the Indians.
(d) Ten commandments given to the reservations.
11. What does Chess ask Thomas about religion?
(a) If he believes in the Great Spirit.
(b) If he believes in animal spirits.
(c) If he is an atheist.
(d) If he is a Christian.
12. What does Thomas realize about Chess when they first talk?
(a) She is not very intelligent.
(b) She is a very good hostess.
(c) She is too religious.
(d) She tells stories like he does.
13. What does the guitar do to Victor?
(a) Tells him to leave the bar.
(b) Makes him play the wrong notes.
(c) Give him bloody fingers.
(d) Force him onstage.
14. Who pulls Samuel over when Samuel is driving?
(a) The county sheriff.
(b) A state trooper.
(c) Officer Brown Eyes.
(d) Officer Wilson.
15. What happens to Thomas' vehicle when they reach the base of the mountain?
(a) A tire goes flat.
(b) It is stopped by a force field.
(c) It dies.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does a FedEx package arrive?
2. How does Robert know he needs a particular woman?
3. How was Junior's parents killed?
4. Why does Junior get fired?
5. What does Thomas ask Chess and Checkers?
This section contains 570 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)