|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With whom is Victor performing at the market?
(a) A young white boy.
(b) Two Indian women.
(c) An old Indian.
(d) He is playing by himself.
2. What does Junior dream about a car when he was young?
(a) Being hit by a car when he was three.
(b) Being in a car outside the bar where his parents were drinking.
(c) Being locked in a car for three days.
(d) Having a car take off down a hill when he was alone in it.
3. What will Thomas have to do if he cannot play a song on the guitar?
(a) Quit telling stories.
(b) Get married.
(c) Leave the reservation.
(d) Quit drinking.
4. Why does Robert need a particular woman on the reservation?
(a) To marry him.
(b) To weave him a magical blanket.
(c) To get rid of his sickness.
(d) To help him find his brother.
5. What does Chess say about the city of Seattle?
(a) She lived there when she was young.
(b) It was named for an Indian chief.
(c) It is too big.
(d) It has a lot of bars in which they can play.
6. What does Checkers do while Thomas and Chess talk?
(b) Send Chess telepathic messages.
(c) Talk to Victor.
(d) Dance with Michael.
7. What does Thomas ask Robert Johnson?
(a) If he wants a ride somewhere.
(b) If he is lost.
(c) If he is looking for the general store.
(d) If he needs food.
8. What does Michael White Hawk say about the band in the local paper?
(a) He thinks they are great musicians.
(b) He says they have stolen his songs.
(c) He wants to join the band.
(d) He dislikes it.
9. Who does the Indian Victor meet know?
(a) Victor's grandfather.
(b) Victor's mother.
(c) Victor's older brother.
(d) Victor's father.
10. What does David Walks Along say about the band?
(a) He wants to join the band.
(b) They need to get a better lead singer.
(c) It is too loud.
(d) It sounds great.
11. Who does Thomas say are allowed to see Big Mom?
(a) Only special people.
(b) Only famous people.
(c) Anyone who asks for her.
(d) Only dead people.
12. What does Chess tell Thomas about her brother?
(a) About his music.
(b) About his business.
(c) About his death.
(d) About his children.
13. What does Thomas tell the sisters about his mother?
(a) How she quit drinking.
(b) How good she was to him.
(c) How she died.
(d) How she hit his father with a frying pan.
14. What joke does Victor makes that enrages Checkers?
(a) About Checkers singing.
(b) Cooking Samuel.
(c) Making the women cook.
(d) Having the sisters clean his house.
15. How do Betty and Veronica earn a living?
(a) They own a bookstore.
(d) Seamstress shop.
Short Answer Questions
1. How was Junior's parents killed?
2. Where does the band perform for their second performance?
3. What does Victor dream about his stepfather?
4. What does Victor dream about with a priest?
5. To where does Chess say she is thinking of moving?
This section contains 553 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)