|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Victor do before Thomas can play a song?
(a) Take a drink from his whiskey flask.
(b) Break one of Thomas's fingers.
(c) Smash the guitar.
(d) Throw dirt in Thomas's eye.
2. How do Betty and Veronica earn a living?
(a) They own a bookstore.
(c) Seamstress shop.
3. What type of songs does Thomas say the band needs?
(a) Songs that can be used for dancing.
(b) Songs that tell a story.
(c) Original music.
(d) Native American songs.
4. What does Thomas realize about Chess when they first talk?
(a) She is too religious.
(b) She tells stories like he does.
(c) She is not very intelligent.
(d) She is a very good hostess.
5. What does Indian time mean?
(a) Time is in the mind of the white man.
(b) You are never too early.
(c) You are never too late.
(d) Events occur when they occur.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Thomas's last name?
2. What does Chess tell Thomas about her brother?
3. What is the name of the Indian reservation where a black man comes at the beginning of the book?
4. What does David Walks Along say about the band?
5. What does Chess do at her house when they first arrive?
This section contains 252 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)