* Robert Johnson, a black man carrying a guitar, arrives on the Spokane Indian reservation and meets Thomas Builds-the-Fire.
* Johnson tells Thomas he is looking for a woman who can help his sickness due to a bad deal he made years ago.
* Johnson says he's been running from The Gentleman since Johnson faked his death in 1938.
* Thomas says it sounds like the woman he wants is Big Mom. Johnson says he sold his soul to The Gentleman and wants it back.
* Thomas takes him to the base of a mountain. The engine dies and Thomas tells Johnson he needs to walk the rest of the way.
* Before Johnson comes Big Mom heard the cavalry massacre the horses 134 years ago.
* The horses appear periodically with the emergence of new musical artists. Big Mom has seen seven generations come and go.
* Thomas takes Johnson's guitar with him everywhere. Victor and...
This section contains 2,453 words
(approx. 9 pages at 300 words per page)