|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why do doctors chastise Sara in the hospital?
2. How does Harry feel as he leaves Sara after their visit?
3. What does Harry keep from Marion as he works the streets more?
4. What best describes Big Tim's apartment?
5. How does Dr. Reynolds treat Sara?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Harry make the pain of seeing his mother go away?
2. How has Marion and Harry's relationship forever changed after Marion meets with Arnold a second time?
3. What is Harry and Tyrone's relationship like as they work the streets?
4. How does heroin influence Harry's reality as he television shops?
5. What is the conflict at Marion's apartment when Harry and Tyrone return with drugs after scrounging on the street?
6. What happens at the McDick Corporation concerning Sara?
7. What do Harry and Marion's lives consist of as the year comes to a close?
8. How do Harry and Tyrone feel about the old junkie from Tyrone's jail cell?
9. What is Tyrone and Alice's relationship like?
10. How has Sara finally realized her reality in the hospital?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the literary effect of the story zigzagging between Harry and Sara's drug dependencies and downfalls?
Essay Topic 2
How does this novel deal with an important issue in society? What is its greatest comment on the society in which it is based?
Essay Topic 3
What is the symbolism behind the name "McDick Corporation"?
This section contains 744 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)