|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What news does Lyle Russel give Sara?
2. How does Harry react to Marion's dinner date with Arnold?
3. Where do Tyrone and Harry get the extra money they need to purchase the amount of heroin they want?
4. How does Sara's diet change when she begins her pill regimen?
5. How does Marion try to capture every object around her?
Short Essay Questions
1. What are the repercussions of Sara's addictions?
2. How does Sara juggle her two addictions?
3. What is the progress of Sara's diet as she tries to diet alone?
4. What is ironic about Harry's remark that "juice heads are too much, aren't they? They really have no class, no class at all"?
5. In Part 3, how is reality infringing on Harry and Marion as they first struggle in their relationship?
6. What does Marion not realize about her parents?
7. How are Sara and Harry's drug problems similar?
8. Why are Tyrone and Harry able to function at work?
9. Why is it symbolic that Sara answers whatever intrusive question the television company asks her?
10. How are Harry and Sara's sleeping patterns similar?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
What is the greatest conflict of the novel? Why?
Essay Topic 2
Debate the realness of the novel. Are drug addiction and its consequences adequately and fairly portrayed?
Essay Topic 3
This novel's characters do not have the standard qualities of a protagonist. Who is the novel's protagonist? Why?
This section contains 831 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)