|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. After lunch on Sara's first day of dieting, what does Sara debate?
2. What do Harry and Marion do all day?
3. How does the librarian react to Sara?
4. What does Sara receive in the mail?
5. What phone do Harry and Tyrone first use when they start selling drugs?
Short Essay Questions
1. After Sara slides the key under the closet door, why does she refuse to emerge even as Harry rolls the television out of the door?
2. What does Sara not realize about her conversations with the refrigerator?
3. How do people around Harry and Tyrone try to escape?
4. Why can Marion not sketch?
5. How does Sara juggle her two addictions?
6. What does Sara's reaction to the phone call from Lyle Russel say about her life?
7. What drugs is Sara abusing and how does her abuse affect her?
8. What does Marion's increased involvement with Harry and Tyrone as their drug business begins foreshadow?
9. What does Marion not realize about her parents?
10. Why is it symbolic that Sara answers whatever intrusive question the television company asks her?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
As the end of the year nears, Sara as well as Harry and his friends have similar activities during the day. What are these activities and how do they speak to the characters' drug addictions?
Essay Topic 2
How does Marion's relationship with Big Tim signify the completion of her downfall?
Essay Topic 3
How does Tyrone change throughout the novel?
This section contains 752 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)