|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What favor does Harry do for Tyrone after Tyrone meets the old junkie?
(a) Takes Tyone's girlfriend to see him.
(b) Pays off Tyrone's drug dealer.
(c) Buys Tyrone dinner.
(d) Bails Tyrone out of jail.
2. Where do Harry and Tyrone believe a large weight of drugs is being sold?
3. How do Marion, Harry, and Tyrone behave while traveling to meet Big Tim?
(b) Awkwardly silent.
4. How does Sara's visit with Ada and Rae go in the hospital?
(a) Sara starts to feel better.
(b) Ada and Rae struggle to understand.
(c) Sara shows signs of improvement.
(d) Ada and Rae become frustrated and leave.
5. What happens to Tyrone after he buys a few bundles of heroin on the street?
(a) People mug Tyrone.
(b) Cops arrest Tyrone.
(c) Addicts stab Tyrone.
(d) Tyrone runs away.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hospital's drugs do to Sara?
2. What strange noise does Harry hear as he visits with Sara?
3. How is Tyrone treated in jail in The South?
4. What does Harry wear when he visits his mother to give her the television?
5. What is Harry's reaction about Marion and Big Tim's interactions?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Tyrone and Alice's relationship like?
2. How severe is Sara's drug addiction as she continues her drug abuse?
3. How does Sara's situation in the hospital elicit sympathy from readers?
4. How has Sara finally realized her reality in the hospital?
5. What is the conflict at Marion's apartment when Harry and Tyrone return with drugs after scrounging on the street?
6. How do Harry and Tyrone feel about the old junkie from Tyrone's jail cell?
7. What characterizes Marion and Harry's relationship as their drug addictions continually worsen?
8. What will Sara's life be like now that she is in a state mental hospital?
9. How has Marion and Harry's relationship forever changed after Marion meets with Arnold a second time?
10. How has Tyrone changed now that he dips into the stash?
This section contains 882 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)