|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Sara go to her first shock therapy session?
(a) With tears.
(d) With help from Dr. Spencer.
2. What happy memory does Tyrone recall from living with his mother?
(a) His mother coming home from the hospital.
(b) His mother singing.
(c) His mother baking him cookies.
(d) His mother sewing him a blanket.
3. What became of Tyrone's mother?
(a) She left him.
(b) She became a prostitute.
(c) She died.
(d) She started doing drugs.
4. What does the old junkie tell Tyrone concerning drug use?
(a) To go to rehab now.
(b) To stay away from the broads.
(c) To keep your friends involved.
(d) To use only one type of drug.
5. How does Harry make his feelings about Sara go away?
(a) Drinks lemonade and vodka.
(b) Discusses his feelings with Marion.
(c) Takes a hit of heroin.
(d) Falls into a deep sleep.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to Tyrone after he buys a few bundles of heroin on the street?
2. How do the operators at the McDick Corporation treat Sara at the end of the year?
3. What does Sara's doctor say about her physical complaints?
4. How does Marion want to solve some of her problems over obtaining drugs as her normal drug connections go cold?
5. Why do doctors chastise Sara in the hospital?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does heroin influence Harry's reality as he television shops?
2. What does the reader learn about Tyrone and his past that indirectly characterizes him?
3. What does Brody's death foreshadow?
4. What happens at the McDick Corporation concerning Sara?
5. What is the conflict at Marion's apartment when Harry and Tyrone return with drugs after scrounging on the street?
6. What does the reader find out about Lyle Russel during Sara's first phone call to the McDick Corporation?
7. What feeling comprises Sara's life in the hospital?
8. What is Harry and Tyrone's relationship like as they work the streets?
9. How is the doctor who prescribed Sara's diet pills hurting her?
10. How has Tyrone changed now that he dips into the stash?
This section contains 910 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)