|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the memories of other cultures and life arouse in Marion?
(a) Feelings of depth.
(c) Sadness and sorrow.
(d) Regret and hatred.
2. After lunch on Sara's first day of dieting, what does Sara debate?
(a) Her desire to get more money.
(b) Her ability to go on television.
(c) The success of her diet.
(d) The severity of Harry's drug addiction.
3. How does Marion try to wake Harry when he needs to get ready for his first night of work?
(a) By smacking him.
(b) With an alarm clock.
(c) With "dexie."
(d) By calling his phone.
4. Why does Sara return to the closet after Harry releases her?
(a) Sara chained the television to the radiator.
(b) Sara doesn't understand what is happening.
(c) Sara is mentally unstable.
(d) Sara is scared Harry will beat her.
5. How does Harry react to Marion's dinner date with Arnold?
Short Answer Questions
1. How much more money do Harry and Tyrone need to purchase the amount of heroin they want?
2. Why do the straps of Sara's red dress continue to fall off her shoulders?
3. What does Sara argue with over food?
4. What took over Marion's life when she returned home from traveling abroad?
5. Why do the other workers tell Harry and Tyrone to slow their pace?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why is it symbolic that Sara answers whatever intrusive question the television company asks her?
2. What feelings does Marion miss?
3. How hard does Sara try to diet? Why?
4. When Tyrone and Harry fall short of the money they need, what does this symbolize?
5. What does Sara not realize about her conversations with the refrigerator?
6. What is ironic about Harry's remark that "juice heads are too much, aren't they? They really have no class, no class at all"?
7. What does Marion not realize about her parents?
8. How do people around Harry and Tyrone try to escape?
9. How does Sara treat her friends?
10. What is the progress of Sara's diet as she tries to diet alone?
This section contains 876 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)