|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How are the police involved in the Harlan Jefferson situation?
(a) The police provide riot gear.
(b) The police have undercover cops stationed.
(c) The police are paid off.
(d) The police are uninvolved in the situation.
2. In Harry's first daydream about television shopping, how does he behave at Macy's?
3. What happy memory does Tyrone recall from living with his mother?
(a) His mother coming home from the hospital.
(b) His mother sewing him a blanket.
(c) His mother baking him cookies.
(d) His mother singing.
4. What do Harry and Tyrone do on the streets for safety after they no longer have a business?
(a) They don't go on the streets past dusk.
(b) They take Marion with them.
(c) They don't split up.
(d) They carry a gun.
5. What favor does Harry do for Tyrone after Tyrone meets the old junkie?
(a) Takes Tyone's girlfriend to see him.
(b) Buys Tyrone dinner.
(c) Pays off Tyrone's drug dealer.
(d) Bails Tyrone out of jail.
6. What happens to Brody because of his drugs?
(a) Brody is kidnapped.
(b) Brody goes to rehab.
(c) Brody is killed.
(d) Brody goes to jail.
7. At the end of the year, how do Harry and Marion pass their days?
(a) Trying to find a job.
(b) Selling items on the Internet.
(c) Stealing electronics to hoc.
(d) Doing drugs and watching television.
8. As Sara's depression worsens, what happens as Sara watches television?
(a) She cannot stay awake.
(b) She decides she does not like television.
(c) People come out of the television to judge her.
(d) The actors tell her to hurt herself.
9. What do the cops do to Tyrone before they arrest him?
(a) Talk to him.
(b) Rob him of his money and drugs.
(c) Put him in the hole.
(d) Take him home.
10. What is Harry's reaction about Marion and Big Tim's interactions?
(a) Harry is giggly.
(b) Harry physically hurts Marion.
(c) Harry does not care.
(d) Harry internally struggles.
11. Where have Harry and Tyrone been while Marion is with Big Tim?
(a) At Macy's.
(b) In the park.
(c) On the streets.
(d) A movie.
12. How is Tyrone treated in jail in The South?
(a) Tyrone joins a gang for protection.
(b) Tyrone finds new friends and turns his life around.
(c) The police club Tyrone for every move he makes.
(d) The warden puts him in solitary confinement.
13. What strange noise does Harry hear as he visits with Sara?
(a) Sara's jaw popping.
(b) Sara kicking her own shin.
(c) Sara's teeth grinding.
(d) Sara eating her nails.
14. Why do Harry and Tyrone split up on the streets?
(a) To find more drugs.
(b) To work for different people.
(c) To hide from their girlfriends better.
(d) To lesson the chance of getting caught.
15. What does Harry wear when he visits his mother to give her the television?
(a) New slacks and a sports shirt.
(c) A suit.
(d) Jeans and a t-shirt.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the hospital's drugs do to Sara?
2. What happens to Tyrone after he buys a few bundles of heroin on the street?
3. What do Harry and Tyrone do with the heroin stash they plan to sell?
4. In Harry's first daydream about television shopping, how does he pay for the television?
5. What does the old junkie tell Tyrone concerning drug use?
This section contains 588 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)