|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do Harry and Tyrone split up on the streets?
(a) To hide from their girlfriends better.
(b) To find more drugs.
(c) To work for different people.
(d) To lesson the chance of getting caught.
2. At the end of the year, how does Sara pass her days?
(a) Trying to find Harry.
(b) Going to the gym.
(c) Calling the McDick Corporation a few times a week.
(d) Eating salads.
3. Whom did Tyrone end up living with after his mother?
(a) His aunt.
(b) A foster family.
(c) His dad.
(d) His sister.
4. What do Harry and Tyrone plan to do after they see Harlan Jefferson?
(a) Divide and sell the drugs.
(b) Get their girlfriends.
(c) Buy plane tickets.
(d) Call a lawyer.
5. Where do Harry and Tyrone feed their habit at the end of the year?
(a) By the river.
(b) In New Jersey.
(c) On the streets.
(d) At a new neighborhod.
6. Where does Marion go without telling Harry as they continue struggling to find drugs?
(a) To see Big Tim.
(b) To see her parents.
(c) To rehab.
(d) To church.
7. What is Sara's reaction to Harry's gift for her?
(a) Sara is so drugged she doesn't realize what Harry is giving her.
(b) Sara praises Harry.
(c) Sara feels guilty.
(d) Sara wants Harry to keep the television.
8. Why do doctors chastise Sara in the hospital?
(a) For a lack of motivation.
(b) For a refusal to eat.
(c) For her bitter attitude.
(d) For lying about her condition.
9. How does Tyrone fall asleep at night in jail?
(a) He pretends he is with his mother.
(b) He pets his own head.
(c) He reads poetry.
(d) He watches the moon.
10. After weeks on the diet pills, what makes Sara happy?
(a) Her red dress almost fits.
(b) Her stomach no longer hurts.
(c) She has a date to appear on television.
(d) She has a new outlook on life.
11. Why does Sara initially call the McDick Corporation?
(a) Sara recieved a second letter.
(b) Sara is anxious.
(c) Sara is returning their call.
(d) Sara cannot come on her scheduled day.
12. What plan do Harry and Tyrone develop concerning their drug habit after their business changes?
(a) To work for the police.
(b) To quit.
(c) To include more sellers.
(d) To transfer headquarters.
13. What do the workers at the McDick Corporation do for Sara when she arrives at their offices in person?
(a) Call an ambulance.
(b) Put her on a television show.
(c) Give her a place to rest.
(d) Admire her hair and dress.
14. How does Dr. Reynolds treat Sara?
(a) As a success story.
(b) Dr. Reynolds ignores Sara.
(c) Dr. Reynolds teases Sara with food.
(d) As a stubborn case.
15. What do the phone operators do the first time Sara calls?
(a) Transfer her around.
(b) Transfer her to the manager.
(c) Hang up on her.
(d) Schedule her an appointment.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Marion's body react to the pills she gets from her doctors?
2. Where have Harry and Tyrone been while Marion is with Big Tim?
3. What best describes Big Tim's apartment?
4. What does Harry wear when he visits his mother to give her the television?
5. What does Sara learn about Lyle Russel while she first calls the McDick Corporation?
This section contains 574 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)