|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who helps Harry and Marion find drugs toward the end of the year?
2. How does Harry make his feelings about Sara go away?
(a) Falls into a deep sleep.
(b) Drinks lemonade and vodka.
(c) Discusses his feelings with Marion.
(d) Takes a hit of heroin.
3. Why does Sara fear mealtime in the hospital?
(a) The food tastes terrible.
(b) The food is forced down her throat.
(c) Sara doesn't want to gain weight.
(d) Sara dislikes the cafeteria.
4. What specifically do Marion and Harry argue over one morning after Harry meets with Harlan Jefferson?
(a) Their jobs.
(b) Her parents.
(c) Other men.
5. What do Sara's friends try to get her to do as her diet continues?
(a) Go to a psychiatrist.
(b) Sleep more.
(d) Drink tea instead of coffee.
6. Where does Marion go without telling Harry as they continue struggling to find drugs?
(a) To see Big Tim.
(b) To rehab.
(c) To church.
(d) To see her parents.
7. Why does a nurse leave Sara alone for two days?
(a) The nurse thinks Sara wants special attention.
(b) The nurse's schedule inadvertantly left Sara off.
(c) The nurse fears Sara's temper.
(d) The nurse cannot lift Sara alone.
8. What does the final phone representative whom Sara speaks with do for her?
(a) Takes Sara's information and promises to be in touch.
(b) Hangs up the phone as Sara speaks.
(c) Sends Sara more information about her television experience.
(d) Asks for Sara's credit card information.
9. How does Sara go to her first shock therapy session?
(b) With help from Dr. Spencer.
(c) With tears.
10. What happens to Harry and Tyrone's drug business after much success?
(a) It continues to expand.
(b) Another dealer takes it over.
(c) The cops close it down.
(d) It goes cold for them.
11. How does Tyrone fall asleep at night in jail?
(a) He reads poetry.
(b) He pretends he is with his mother.
(c) He pets his own head.
(d) He watches the moon.
12. Why did Tyrone decide to buy his current apartment?
(a) Tyrone needed more space.
(b) Tyrone wanted a cleaner place.
(c) Tyrone liked the larged mirrored closet doors.
(d) Tyrone wanted to live closer to Harry.
13. What is Harry and Marion's money situation toward the end of the year?
(a) They have plenty of money for their habit but no extra.
(b) They barely have any money.
(c) They have more money than ever.
(d) They can only buy a little bit of heroin to sell.
14. What happened to Sara's wrists in the hospital?
(a) Sara cut her wrists.
(b) Sara wears handcuffs.
(c) Sara has broken wrists.
(d) Sara is forced into wrist restraints.
15. Why does Sara initially call the McDick Corporation?
(a) Sara is returning their call.
(b) Sara cannot come on her scheduled day.
(c) Sara is anxious.
(d) Sara recieved a second letter.
Short Answer Questions
1. What favor does Harry do for Tyrone after Tyrone meets the old junkie?
2. Why do Harry and Tyrone split up on the streets?
3. What happens to Tyrone after he buys a few bundles of heroin on the street?
4. What plans does Harlan Jefferson have?
5. How do Marion, Harry, and Tyrone behave while traveling to meet Big Tim?
This section contains 565 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)