|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the librarian react to Sara?
(a) Helpful but condescending.
(b) Irritated and grouchy.
(c) Polite but amused.
(d) Kind and gracious.
2. How does Sara behave once she starts her new pill and diet regimen?
(a) Sara gets a job.
(b) Sara cleans nonstop.
(c) Sara is depressed.
(d) Sara sleeps all day.
3. After Sara's first day of her pill and diet regimen, what does she plan to do about it the next day?
(a) Cut down on coffee.
(b) Continue just as before.
(c) Consult her doctor.
(d) Stop taking the pills.
4. Why do the other workers tell Harry and Tyrone to slow their pace?
(a) The other workers don't want high expectations.
(b) The other workers dislike Harry and Tyrone's smug attitudes.
(c) Harry and Tyrone are strung out and the boss might find out.
(d) Harry and Tyrone might get fired if they don't slow down.
5. Where does Marion meet Arnold for their scheduled meeting?
(a) In a shopping center.
(b) A cozy restaurant.
(c) At his house.
(d) A sleezy motel.
6. What do Tyrone, Harry and Marion do at Marion's apartment?
(a) Smoke marijuana.
(b) Prank phone call people.
(c) Sleep on the fire escape.
(d) Take inventory.
7. What fills Tony's apartment?
(a) People getting high.
(b) Trash and sleeping people.
(c) Food and drinks.
(d) People recovering from addictions.
8. How does Harry get himself to sleep after work?
(a) Harry takes sleeping pills.
(b) Marion reads to Harry.
(c) Marion gives Harry warm milk.
(d) Harry drinks alcohol.
9. What does Marion specifically remember from Europe?
(a) The sound of groups of people.
(b) The colors of famous paintings.
(c) The smell of small shops.
(d) The feeling of business.
10. What phone do Harry and Tyrone first use when they start selling drugs?
(a) Marion's phone.
(b) A prepaid cell phone.
(c) A payphone.
(d) Sara's phone.
11. What does Sara check a few times in hopes of information?
(a) The news.
(b) Her email.
(c) The mail.
(d) Her answering machine.
12. Gaining confidence, what does Sara mock?
(a) The refrigerator.
(d) The doorbell.
13. After Sara decides to eat freely, what does Sara eat as she mocks the refrigerator?
(a) Candy bars.
(b) Chocolate cake.
(c) Peanutbutter and jelly.
(d) A bagel smothered in cream cheese.
14. How do Tyrone and Harry get motivated to work every night?
(a) They count their money.
(b) They watch television.
(c) They spend their paychecks.
(d) They take uppers.
15. On the way to the library, what does Sara stop to do?
(a) See dogs in the park.
(b) Get cofee in the bookstore.
(c) Exercise at the gym.
(d) Buy a danish at the bakery.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Marion feel she must have dinner with Arnold?
2. What do Harry and Marion do all day?
3. What does Tony do as he becomes irate with the television?
4. Why does Sara return to the closet after Harry releases her?
5. Where do Tyrone and Harry get the extra money they need to purchase the amount of heroin they want?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)