Short Answer Key
1. To which publication did Dennis Smith write a letter that caught the attention of editors?
New York Times Book Review.
2. Which magazine asked Smith to write about firefighters?
3. In which city did Smith serve?
New York City.
4. For which time period did Smith work as a firefighter in the South Bronx?
5. To what experience does Smith compare his work for the fire department in the Introduction?
6. How did Smith remember details for the book while working full-time?
By writing daily.
7. Which Irish writer did Smith discuss in his letter to the editor?
William Butler Yeats.
8. In which borough did Smith serve?
9. Which writer once suggested that the story finds the author?
Katherine Anne Porter.
10. Approximately what percentage of the fire department's calls were for actual fires?
11. How did Smith feel...
This section contains 3,431 words|
(approx. 12 pages at 300 words per page)