1. To which publication did Dennis Smith write a letter that caught the attention of editors?
2. Which magazine asked Smith to write about firefighters?
3. In which city did Smith serve?
4. For which time period did Smith work as a firefighter in the South Bronx?
5. To what experience does Smith compare his work for the fire department in the Introduction?
6. How did Smith remember details for the book while working full-time?
7. Which Irish writer did Smith discuss in his letter to the editor?
8. In which borough did Smith serve?
This section contains 6,157 words
(approx. 21 pages at 300 words per page)