|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 11.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who was temporarily in charge while Captain Albergray was on vacation in Chapter 10?
(a) Lieutenant Collins.
(b) Lieutenant Stack.
(c) Bill Valenzio.
(d) Artie Merritt.
2. How old was Tina when Smith first met her?
3. Who was responsible for the fire at the Kelly Street apartments?
(a) The landlord.
(b) One of the renters.
(c) Someone with a grudge against a resident.
(d) A disgruntled employee.
4. How did the Charlotte Street fire become easier to battle?
(a) The winds shifted.
(b) The rest of the roof caved in.
(c) Rain began falling.
(d) More firefighters arrived on the scene.
5. For which radical group was the group of Park Avenue residents raising money in the magazine article read by Smith in Chapter 7?
(a) Black Panthers.
(b) Symbionese Liberation Army.
(c) Gray Panthers.
(d) Students for a Democratic Society.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Dennis as a child involving cockroaches?
2. To which kind of call was the firefighter responding when he was killed, prior to the events in Chapter 2?
3. How did Smith view the fire department's amusement park trip for neighborhood children?
4. How did Smith try to impress people after dropping out of school?
5. How did Smith feel when first approached about writing a memoir of firefighting?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)