|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Smith's mother scold him before he left for work in Chapter 3?
(a) She argued with him about dinner.
(b) She wanted him to move closer to his job.
(c) She believed the South Bronx was too dangerous to work in.
(d) She did not want him to be a firefighter.
2. What did the firefighters discover after the police had left the station in Chapter 6?
(a) A bullet that hit the alarm system.
(b) A bullet lodged in a fire truck.
(c) A bullet lodged in a bulletin board near Smith.
(d) A bullet that had ricocheted and landed on the floor of the fire station.
3. What was wrong with the furnace room where the firefighters retreated for warmth during the Charlotte Street fire?
(a) It was filled with mice.
(b) The roof had caved in.
(c) It was filled with cockroaches.
(d) The furnace was not working.
4. Which magazine asked Smith to write about firefighters?
5. Who was responsible for the fire at the Kelly Street apartments?
(a) Someone with a grudge against a resident.
(b) The landlord.
(c) A disgruntled employee.
(d) One of the renters.
Short Answer Questions
1. How were the men rescued during the factory fire?
2. Which two companies were prohibited from responding to the same fire under the new plan?
3. How does Smith describe his political leanings?
4. Why did one firefighter want to start up a collection at the station in Chapter 7?
5. What one gift did Smith want more than anything as a child?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)