|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Smith's description, how does the life of a firefighter differ from that of other city workers?
(a) When he leaves in the morning, he may not come home alive.
(b) They are the least respected of all city workers.
(c) They are the most respected of all city workers.
(d) They are the brave ones.
2. On what street did the firefighters respond to a large fire in Chapter 5?
(a) Charlotte Street.
(b) Campanella Avenue.
(c) Broad Street.
(d) Carlotti Street.
3. According to the film Smith saw at a recent science fair, how much bigger than the earth is the sun?
(a) 50 times.
(b) 110 times.
(c) 200 times.
(d) 150 times.
4. Why was Smith concerned about striking for better working conditions?
(a) He was afraid the other firefighters would split over the strike.
(b) He was afraid he would be fired.
(c) He was afraid he would be punished by being transferred even farther from his home.
(d) He was afraid that the neighborhood would not be safe during a strike.
5. According to Smith, how should kids who pull malicious false alarms be treated?
(a) They should be sent to an institution for a year.
(b) They should be warned of the consequences of false alarms.
(c) They should be returned to their parents.
(d) They should be given guidance care by social services.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were conditions in the fire station cold in April?
2. What did Smith foresee when he first applied to become a firefighter?
3. How did the firefighters eventually subdue the naked man on Southern Boulevard?
4. Approximately how many calls did Engine Co. 82 respond to the year before the book was written?
5. To which publication did Dennis Smith write a letter that caught the attention of editors?
This section contains 362 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)