|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What field did Smith's wife want him to go into instead of firefighting?
2. Why did the firefighters think the car in the middle of Stebbins Avenue was stolen?
(a) The windows were broken.
(b) The steering wheel was gone.
(c) The radio was gone.
(d) The wheels and tires had been removed.
3. How much did the air pack weigh that Fireman Bill Kelsey put on his back while responding to the Southern Boulevard fire call in Chapter 8?
(a) Twenty pounds.
(b) Thirty pounds.
(c) Forty pounds.
(d) Twenty-five pounds.
4. Why did Smith move outside the city after growing up there?
(a) His wife could be closer to her work.
(b) He wanted to be closer to work.
(c) He felt it was a better place for a family.
(d) He had family in the area.
5. Why were conditions in the fire station cold in April?
(a) Because there was a hole in the roof of the station.
(b) Because the station's heating system was broken.
(c) Because budget cuts caused the firefighters to forgo the use of the heating system.
(d) Because a garage door had been open and broken for months
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to several firefighters (including Smith) fighting a blaze at a two-story factory building?
2. Why did Smith insist on working in the South Bronx?
3. What did the newspaper article say a firefighter rescued following a rubbish fire?
4. Who was the second injured person found by firefighters at the Home and Simpson streets intersection, and how was he injured?
5. In Smith's description, how does the life of a firefighter differ from that of other city workers?
This section contains 377 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)