|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How was Fireman Nick Riso injured while responding to a call?
(a) He was involved in a car accident.
(b) He suffered smoke inhalation.
(c) Someone threw a brick at him while he was responding to a call.
(d) He was injured in a fire.
2. Which two companies were prohibited from responding to the same fire under the new plan?
(a) 85 and 87.
(b) 82 and 90.
(c) 82 and 85.
(d) 82 and 92.
3. Why was Dennis upset about the visit from the welfare inspector?
(a) The inspector spoke to his mother harshly.
(b) He thought his friends would see the inspector and he was ashamed about being poor.
(c) He was afraid the inspector would find the hidden television.
(d) He was afraid the family would be denied more benefits.
4. In what town did Smith live while working in the South Bronx?
(a) New Paltz.
5. What holiday was being celebrated on Smith's day off in Chapter 7?
(a) Fourth of July.
(b) Memorial Day.
(d) Labor Day.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why were the teens carrying the items out of the Simpson Street apartment building?
2. How did the firefighters save the life of the overdose victim on Hoe Avenue?
3. What did the ladder company do to get to the source of the smoke at the Charlotte Street fire?
4. Which writer once suggested that the story finds the author?
5. Why do some kids pull false fire alarms, according to the book?
This section contains 333 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)