|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What was the first call the department took the day after the Saint Patrick's Day parade?
(a) A child locked inside a bathroom alone.
(b) An overflowing bathtub flooding an apartment beneath.
(c) A stove fire.
(d) A child locked inside an apartment alone.
2. How did the firefighters eventually subdue the naked man on Southern Boulevard?
(a) By wrapping him in a blanket.
(b) By using a stun gun.
(c) By tackling him.
(d) By talking him into dropping the weapon.
3. Why does Smith say there are fewer fires today compared to the period during which he served?
(a) There is more intolerance for crime, and radicalism has decreased.
(b) The population has decreased and there are more empty buildings.
(c) The wider use of fire extinguishers has led to small fires being put out before the fire trucks arrive.
(d) Fire safety codes have made buildings less prone to fire.
4. What did the sound of four 5 bells announce at the fire station?
(a) The death of a firefighter in the line of duty.
(b) Injuries to a firefighter.
(c) A multiple-alarm fire.
(d) A car accident.
5. What did the newspaper article say a firefighter rescued following a rubbish fire?
(a) A chipmunk.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A raccoon.
(d) A robin.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do arsonists sometimes do when they leave the scene of a fire?
2. Where on his body did Fireman Bill Kelsey get burned while battling the Charlotte Street blaze?
3. Why were conditions in the fire station cold in April?
4. Why does Smith call firefighters the most "ubiquitous" civil servants?
5. Why was Dennis upset about the visit from the welfare inspector?
This section contains 423 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)