|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Smith say computers can be used for in the firefighting field?
(a) Computers can be used to reduce response times.
(b) Computers can help fire trucks find fires faster.
(c) Computers can help firefighters determine the best way to fight a fire.
(d) Computers can project how many fires will occur in a given day.
2. Which magazine asked Smith to write about firefighters?
3. What two famous people once ran for Mayor and City Council President?
(a) Woody Allen and Philip Roth.
(b) Norman Mailer and Jimmy Breslin.
(c) Woody Allen and Normal Mailer.
(d) Woody Allen and Jimmy Breslin.
4. What caused the fire at Union Avenue, the first call Smith responded to after his return to work?
(a) Food burning on a stove.
(b) Faulty wiring.
(d) Children playing with matches.
5. Why was his wife upset the morning Smith went back to work?
(a) She had lost her job.
(b) She was worried about the kids.
(c) She had talked to his mother about the dangers of his job.
(d) She wanted to move closer to the city.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which two companies were prohibited from responding to the same fire under the new plan?
2. How was Fireman Nick Riso injured while responding to a call?
3. What was the Kelly Street apartment landlord charged with after the fire?
4. How did Smith feel when first approached about writing a memoir of firefighting?
5. What is the name of the institute started by Smith after publication of the book?
This section contains 353 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)