|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Smith's view, what needed to happen before people stopped assaulting firefighters?
(a) They need to lose custody of their children.
(b) They need to be arrested and jailed.
(c) They need to do community service projects.
(d) They need to become educated and rise out of poverty.
2. How long did Smith take off to recover from the throat damage he sustained during the Prospect Avenue fire in Chapter 3?
(a) Two weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Five days.
(d) One week.
3. How was a firefighter injured while rescuing a child from a fire on Prospect Avenue?
(a) He fell through a hole in the floor.
(b) He broke his ankle going down the stairs.
(c) He suffered smoke inhalation.
(d) He was struck by falling debris.
4. What is the name of the institute started by Smith after publication of the book?
(a) Institute for the Study of Health and Fire Safety.
(b) Firefighters United for Health and Safety.
(c) American Firefighters Health and Safety Institute.
(d) Foundation for the Health and Safety of American Firefighters.
5. Why did Smith's mother scold him before he left for work in Chapter 3?
(a) She did not want him to be a firefighter.
(b) She argued with him about dinner.
(c) She believed the South Bronx was too dangerous to work in.
(d) She wanted him to move closer to his job.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Smith consider the most admirable characteristic of firefighters?
2. How did Smith view the Kelly Street fire after the culprit was found?
3. Why was his wife upset the morning Smith went back to work?
4. What did firefighters find at the scene of the fire at the Kelly Street apartments?
5. Whose job is it to investigate suspicious fires?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)