|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the firefighters have a difficult time getting into one of the Kelly Street apartments?
(a) The door was barricaded.
(b) The door lacked a doorknob.
(c) The door was extremely hot.
(d) The door was locked.
2. In which city did Smith serve?
(b) New York City.
(d) Los Angeles.
3. To what experience does Smith compare his work for the fire department in the Introduction?
(a) Police work.
4. Why does Smith call firefighters the most "ubiquitous" civil servants?
(a) They are the most numerous civil servants.
(b) They are the best funded of all civil service departments.
(c) They are the civil servants who most frequently interact with individuals.
(d) They respond to calls involving each and every natural and man-made disaster.
5. How did the firefighter die in the previous incident mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) He was badly burned in a fire.
(b) He died of smoke inhalation while battling a fire.
(c) He suffered a heart attack.
(d) He fell off the fire truck as it rounded a corner and died from his injuries.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Smith say computers can be used for in the firefighting field?
2. To which kind of call was the firefighter responding when he was killed, prior to the events in Chapter 2?
3. Whose job is it to investigate suspicious fires?
4. What happened to the young man seen running from the Kelly Street apartment?
5. What did the sound of four 5 bells announce at the fire station?
This section contains 341 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)