|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of tool did the firefighters use to break down the door during the Kelly Street fire?
(a) Halligan tool.
(b) Sullivan tool.
(c) Mulligan tool.
(d) Donegan tool.
2. Which firefighter died shortly before the time Chapter 2 takes place?
(a) Mike Sullivan.
(b) Mike O'Brien.
(c) Bob Starr.
(d) Mike Carr.
3. Which Irish writer did Smith discuss in his letter to the editor?
(a) James Joyce.
(b) Oscar Wilde.
(c) Samuel Beckett.
(d) William Butler Yeats.
4. What was the Kelly Street apartment landlord charged with after the fire?
(a) He was not charged.
(b) Two counts of murder.
(c) One count of arson.
(d) One count of murder.
5. Why does Smith say there are fewer fires today compared to the period during which he served?
(a) There is more intolerance for crime, and radicalism has decreased.
(b) The wider use of fire extinguishers has led to small fires being put out before the fire trucks arrive.
(c) Fire safety codes have made buildings less prone to fire.
(d) The population has decreased and there are more empty buildings.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happened to Capt. Frimes at the Kelly Street fire?
2. Approximately how many calls did Engine Co. 82 respond to the year before the book was written?
3. To which publication did Dennis Smith write a letter that caught the attention of editors?
4. Why did the plan not work out?
5. How did the firefighters save the life of the overdose victim on Hoe Avenue?
This section contains 318 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)