|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 1.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happened to the young man seen running from the Kelly Street apartment?
(a) He made a full recovery.
(b) He fled and never went to the hospital.
(c) He was burned over 70 percent of his body.
(d) He was pronouced DOA at the hospital.
2. What did Smith consider the most admirable characteristic of firefighters?
(a) Their committment to community.
(b) Their bravery.
(c) Their reliability.
(d) Their strength.
3. Approximately what percentage of the fire department's calls were for actual fires?
4. How did Smith view the firefighters he wrote about in the book compared to firefighters across the country?
(a) They are representative of all firefighters.
(b) They are the most skilled.
(c) They are unique in their level of bravery.
(d) They are unique in their experiences.
5. What kind of tool did the firefighters use to break down the door during the Kelly Street fire?
(a) Sullivan tool.
(b) Donegan tool.
(c) Mulligan tool.
(d) Halligan tool.
Short Answer Questions
1. Before discovering the culprit, how did Smith describe the fatal fire on Kelly Street?
2. What does Smith say computers can be used for in the firefighting field?
3. For which time period did Smith work as a firefighter in the South Bronx?
4. Which captain entered the Kelly Street apartment first?
5. Who was responsible for the fire at the Kelly Street apartments?
This section contains 290 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)