|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Washingtonville's main claim to historical significance?
(a) The town participated in the Revolutionary War.
(b) The town was a stopping point on the Underground Railroad.
(c) The town was founded by freed slaves.
(d) The town was attacked by Confederate forces during the Civil War.
2. How was a firefighter injured while rescuing a child from a fire on Prospect Avenue?
(a) He fell through a hole in the floor.
(b) He suffered smoke inhalation.
(c) He broke his ankle going down the stairs.
(d) He was struck by falling debris.
3. What did the ladder company do to get to the source of the smoke at the Charlotte Street fire?
(a) Broke the windows.
(b) Broke down all the doors inside.
(c) Ripped holes in the wall.
(d) Ventilated the roof.
4. To which kind of call was the firefighter responding when he was killed, prior to the events in Chapter 2?
(a) An auto accident.
(b) A burning apartment building.
(c) A malicious false alarm.
(d) A stabbing.
5. Who was the second injured person found by firefighters at the Home and Simpson streets intersection, and how was he injured?
(a) The driver; he had been beaten by the angry crowd.
(b) The boy's friend, who was also hit.
(c) The driver; he sustained the injuries in the accident.
(d) A bystander mistaken for the driver and beaten.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the firefighters eventually subdue the naked man on Southern Boulevard?
2. Approximately how many children were at the ice cream party in Chapter 9?
3. What kind of tool did the firefighters use to break down the door during the Kelly Street fire?
4. Whose job is it to investigate suspicious fires?
5. Approximately what percentage of the fire department's calls were for actual fires?
This section contains 311 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)