|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the plan not work out?
(a) Engine Co. 82 had a dramatic increase in calls.
(b) Each company had a dramatic increase in calls.
(c) There was confusion about which company should respond to which fires.
(d) Ladder Co. 31 had a dramatic increase in calls.
2. In Smith's description, how does the life of a firefighter differ from that of other city workers?
(a) They are the brave ones.
(b) When he leaves in the morning, he may not come home alive.
(c) They are the most respected of all city workers.
(d) They are the least respected of all city workers.
3. From which service area did Fireman Vinny Royce switch to join Engine Co. 82?
(a) East Harlem.
(c) Lower East Side.
4. How was a firefighter injured while rescuing a child from a fire on Prospect Avenue?
(a) He was struck by falling debris.
(b) He broke his ankle going down the stairs.
(c) He fell through a hole in the floor.
(d) He suffered smoke inhalation.
5. To which kind of call was the firefighter responding when he was killed, prior to the events in Chapter 2?
(a) A malicious false alarm.
(b) A burning apartment building.
(c) An auto accident.
(d) A stabbing.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did the firefighters have a difficult time getting into one of the Kelly Street apartments?
2. Whose job is it to investigate suspicious fires?
3. How did the firefighter die in the previous incident mentioned in Chapter 2?
4. What did the landlord of the Kelly Street apartments do once the youths had spread the gasoline around?
5. How did the firefighters save the life of the overdose victim on Hoe Avenue?
This section contains 367 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)