|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the name of the institute started by Smith after publication of the book?
(a) Firefighters United for Health and Safety.
(b) Foundation for the Health and Safety of American Firefighters.
(c) Institute for the Study of Health and Fire Safety.
(d) American Firefighters Health and Safety Institute.
2. What did the firefighters find on Freeman Street during one of the calls in Chapter 3?
(a) A car accident.
(b) A burning store.
(c) A man injured in a fight.
(d) A burning car.
3. What happened to Capt. Frimes at the Kelly Street fire?
(a) He was burned by the fire.
(b) He was trapped by debris in the apartment.
(c) He was overcome with smoke and had to be pulled out.
(d) Nothing happened to him.
4. What kind of tool did the firefighters use to break down the door during the Kelly Street fire?
(a) Donegan tool.
(b) Mulligan tool.
(c) Halligan tool.
(d) Sullivan tool.
5. What were the "high incidence hours" that Tactical Control Unit 712 became responsible for?
(a) 6 p.m. and 4 a.m.
(b) Noon and 10 p.m.
(c) 3 p.m. and 1 a.m.
(d) 6 a.m. and 4 p.m.
Short Answer Questions
1. What orders did the doctors give Smith after his injury from the Prospect Avenue fire?
2. In which city did Smith serve?
3. How did Smith remember details for the book while working full-time?
4. From which service area did Fireman Vinny Royce switch to join Engine Co. 82?
5. What did Smith keep in his locker at the fire station?
This section contains 309 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)