|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the term Smith used to describe a challenging fire?
(a) A capital "F" fire.
(b) A worker.
(c) A smoker.
(d) A three-bagger.
2. What do arsonists sometimes do when they leave the scene of a fire?
(a) They leave booby traps to hurt firefighters.
(b) They call the fire department anonymously.
(c) They do not call the fire department to report the fire.
(d) They gather evidence of arson and take it away.
3. Which captain entered the Kelly Street apartment first?
(a) Capt. O'Brien.
(b) Capt. Frimes.
(c) Capt. Solwen.
(d) Capt. Smith.
4. Who did the firefighters encounter while bringing the hose up the stairs of the burning apartment building on Fox Street?
(a) A young child.
(b) Two young arsonists.
(c) An elderly man fleeing the building.
(d) The woman and two children who lived in the burning apartment.
5. What was the Kelly Street apartment landlord charged with after the fire?
(a) Two counts of murder.
(b) He was not charged.
(c) One count of murder.
(d) One count of arson.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why was one of the firefighters upset about the Vietnam War protesters?
2. Which magazine asked Smith to write about firefighters?
3. What board game were the firemen playing in Chapter 3?
4. To what experience does Smith compare his work for the fire department in the Introduction?
5. How was a firefighter injured while rescuing a child from a fire on Prospect Avenue?
This section contains 288 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)