|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To which kind of call was the firefighter responding when he was killed, prior to the events in Chapter 2?
(a) An auto accident.
(b) A stabbing.
(c) A malicious false alarm.
(d) A burning apartment building.
2. How did the firefighter die in the previous incident mentioned in Chapter 2?
(a) He died of smoke inhalation while battling a fire.
(b) He suffered a heart attack.
(c) He fell off the fire truck as it rounded a corner and died from his injuries.
(d) He was badly burned in a fire.
3. Approximately how many calls did Engine Co. 82 respond to the year before the book was written?
(a) Under 8,000.
(b) Over 10,000.
(c) Over 10,500.
(d) Over 9,000.
4. For which time period did Smith work as a firefighter in the South Bronx?
5. What orders did the doctors give Smith after his injury from the Prospect Avenue fire?
(a) Do not talk at all.
(b) Get extra sleep.
(c) Do not talk much or smoke for a few weeks.
(d) Do not work for a few weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. How did the boy sustain the injuries suffered in the incident at Home and Simpson streets in Chapter 2?
2. Who was the second injured person found by firefighters at the Home and Simpson streets intersection, and how was he injured?
3. What did the firefighters discover when they arrived at the Kelly Street fire in Chapter 1?
4. Why did Smith insist on working in the South Bronx?
5. Why was Smith sent to the hospital after the Prospect Avenue fire?
This section contains 376 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)